• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drive Club new info

John_B

Could this be Sony's free-to-play offering? Sparse amount of cars in the core game, pay to unlock individual cars/tracks or DLC packs.

It would help create a big community if everyone had the game. Which doesn't seem like a bad idea for a game that is purely based around community.

RiverBed

Banned
The online/connected/team based play reminds me of LBP in single player. I want it to work.
It's about time racers hit the global competitive connected scene.

It's also good this is not a sim game as that is Sony's GT market.

ibl4Deq7P7qSSU.gif

ibaXrB2n1WZCL5.gif

Thought this was gonna be a simulation game, considering how meticulous they were being with car detail.

But if a goal is to drift 1000m it sounds like my kind of game.

Jac_Solar

- Race and increase fame/funds to gain access to better cars

Hopefully this won't, somehow, be tied to social media/DLC. I usually like these kinds of systems in games, but the way it's mentioned here, or that it's even mentioned, is kind of weird.

velociraptor

Thought this was gonna be a simulation game, considering how meticulous they were being with car detail.

But if a goal is to drift 1000m it sounds like my kind of game.

Drift events can dire in a fire. Still, the game sounds interesting. I was hoping for PGR style street circuits too but a Forza Horizon style game isn't too bad I guess.

saladine1

Perhaps we should wait for some substantial media before making comments on visuals.

All I know is, between Driveclub and GT6, we wont be short on automotive goodness this year...and that's just the PS..

Edge just posted an interview on Drive Club here:

http://www.edge-online.com/features/drive-club-the-evolution-racer-nine-years-in-the-making/

Not sure if it's old? I think I saw the quote about 'coming up to speed' on graphical techniques before. I guess it's from the last PS4 issue?

Well I've not read that yet, interesting info in there.

we wanted use everything we’d learned about recreating real-world locations and that lovely feeling you get when something just looks breathtaking.

It’s our favourite element of shows like Top Gear, where they just do it so well, you’re reminded of an absolutely staggering vista and that in its simplicity can be such a wonderful thing to see, that’s always been a core part of the game.

Exciting.

Am I missing something?

Every time I see more about this game it just seems like a shameless copy of Forza Horizon's structure with some of the character of PGR?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Am I missing something?

Every time I see more about this game it just seems like a shameless copy of Forza Horizon's structure with some of the character of PGR?

Wha?

I love Forza Horizon, but they didn't invent the Open World racing game.

Seanspeed

Banned
Or need for speed or test drive or any other racing game that didn't have circuit tracks 10-20 years ago.
I dont think they're trying to compete with games from 10-20 years ago.

Horizon is MS exclusive. Drive Club is Sony exclusive. They're niche-filling exclusives. If MS has it but Sony doesn't, thats an argument for the Xbox. If Sony puts out something along similar lines, it negates Micrsoft's advantage. Kind of like how Forza Motorsport was MS's answer to Gran Turismo.

I dont think they're trying to compete with games from 10-20 years ago.

Horizon is MS exclusive. Drive Club is Sony exclusive. They're niche-filling exclusives. If MS has it but Sony doesn't, thats an argument for the Xbox. If Sony puts out something along similar lines, it negates Micrsoft's advantage. Kind of like how Forza Motorsport was MS's answer to Gran Turismo.

How about from 2 years ago on this gen?

0000001486-L-1cd1a68.jpg

Also, Niche and GT don't really go along.

Could this be the game that finally will reach the quality of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 and Burnout 2 which I absolutely loved on my phat PS2? Arcade racers have been shit after it...

need_screen001.jpg

burnout2.jpg

GYNGA

Am I missing something?

1) Evolution came up with the idea for this game ten years ago
2) Forza Horizon was announced on March 5, 2012. Driveclub is in development since ~mid 2011.

Whatever this game is, it's not a copy of Forza Horizon.

Top Bottom