• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub Bikes, a standalone expansion, is coming to PS4. Today.

BumRush

join the sex pistol that is DRIVECLUB BIKES

Photomode + 30% sharpen

22560296685_12f5c56f53_o.png

22534264196_6aef30b4d0_o.png

21939477073_bce1316b1f_o.png

22534735886_8baf215d87_o.png

These are SCREENSHOTS????

nikos

Is there an advantage when tucking in on acceleration or sitting up when braking? Seems to work for braking but I can't tell if there's an advantage when accelerating.

Just a quick question.

Is it worth the price for the bikes expansion and how big is the download?

I wish they gave us one bike to test, to see what it's like/how it handles.

Cross posting from DC OT:
Why the hell can't I buy the stand alone Bikes DLC? I only have the PS Plus version of DC and never even bothered to download the thing and now apparently that prevents me from buying the DLC as a stand alone?!

Seriously, WTF!

Shin-chan

That's weird. I only have the PS+ version but I can buy the standalone. At least I could a few days ago, I'll check today it I still can.

Very tempted to pick it up and I'm not really sure why as I'm not really a racing fan and have no interest in bikes...

Nice screens. I got this earlier too and I've really enjoyed it so far. Also enjoyed taking screenshots every 30 seconds lol. Beautiful game.

manou001

Neo Member
I'm not a fan of bikes, but as a fan of DC I tried the extension, and I have to say the DC Bikes extension is a great game !
A little short, it took me about 8-10h to get all stars, and the game is easy if you had all the stars of the cars section.

PaulLFC

I currently own DC on disc and the season pass. I'll be buying Bikes, but if I was to buy digital DC in the future, would that give me access to the 'full experience' digitally including carrying over all savedata, clubs etc?

desu

I currently own DC on disc and the season pass. I'll be buying Bikes, but if I was to buy digital DC in the future, would that give me access to the 'full experience' digitally including carrying over all savedata, clubs etc?

Disk and digital share the same savegame, I upgraded from disk to digital myself (the game files sadly didn't work that way).

Nicktendo86

This thread has reminded me I need to go back to Driveclub, awesome game. Just need to platinum Arkham Knight and I will be back on!

PaulLFC

Disk and digital share the same savegame, I upgraded from disk to digital myself (the game files sadly didn't work that way).
Great, thanks - so basically apart from having to redownload all the patches I'd be good to go, season pass / bikes content all unlocked since they'd already be purchased on PSN?

Fnord

SOOOO want to play this. SOOOO can't still. I inadvertently bought the stand-alone version of Bikes when I should have purchased the add-on (I have the disc version of DC). I never even saw the add-on version until well after I'd bought the stand-alone. Wouldn't have even known there were two versions had I not tried to download my purchase and was greeted with a "You appear to have installed the disc-based version of Driveclub. In order to download this, you first need to delete all Driveclub disc-based data." No biggie, I thought, I'll just go grab the add-on version. To my surprise, the add-on was already showing as purchased as well. Went to download it and got the same message. Chatted with PlayStation support a couple of days ago and the guy said that, while all purchases on the PlayStation Store are final, they might make an exception in my case, since I've been such a loyal customer." He said he'd put in a request for a refund so that I could re-purchase the add-on version. Haven't heard anything yet. I really want to play this, but I'm not deleting my DC data to do so.

Fnord

Follow up... My refund was approved. Just waiting for it to go through, then I'll buy Bikes from within DriveClub and see if that gets me the add-on.

What view is everybody using? I drive in dashcam with the cars, but trying that or with helmet cam on the bikes is hard, so I stuck with third person view instead. I'm guessing this is recommended view to play in.

Follow up... My refund was approved. Just waiting for it to go through, then I'll buy Bikes from within DriveClub and see if that gets me the add-on.

Glad to hear things seem to be working out!

What view is everybody using? I drive in dashcam with the cars, but trying that or with helmet cam on the bikes is hard, so I stuck with third person view instead. I'm guessing this is recommended view to play in.

I usually use hoodcam with cars, but yeah 3rd person for bikes is a must for me

Had a really intense race in MP last night, neck and neck with another guy. I find the bikes MP is more enjoyable than the cars, more forgiving with small collisions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nPirGZj8wg

The first person helmet cam is too damn good for me to pull out the camera, even though that'd surely make the stunt stuff easier. But the sense of speed, danger when cutting those high speed turns so close to the wall, and that holy-shit-don't-let-me-fall-over thrill of doing stunts can't be topped.

Intel_89

I'm thinking about picking it up but it says unavailable in the store, has anyone found the solution for this? I own a physical copy of the game + season pass.

Intel_89

I just got a SOE newsletter saying that if I'm an esteemed member of the community I can buy Driveclub Bikes at a discount price, yet it shows the regular 14,99€. Has anyone else received this newsletter/knows what it's about?

Top Bottom