• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB: Ferrari, Lambhorgini, Italy, Replay confirmed?

btkadams

I get the feeling that whenever this actually comes out, it'll be buried by other games. It's not coming out february imo. They are way to silent about it.
I think you might be right. The supposed February release is 1 month away and they've said absolutely nothing. Maybe it will be a May release or something. I'm not getting my hopes up.

SHADES

I never believed the February rumors though I'd love to be wrong. March is packed. I'm guessing april/may. Marketing push once infamous is out the door.

And by marketing push I mean SCEA won't do shit, but maybe scee will.

Yeah I'm pretty sure if DC were to be released by the end of next month we'd have a release date & a sprinkling of PR, and I do hope your wrong about SCEA not pushing it as DC could very well be an unexpected rough diamond.

Many have forgotten about DC since the launch pull & coming out on PS+ & looking at this point to be quiet half decent SCEA would do well to back it IMO.

KalBalboa

Banned
They're probably holding off on new media as long as possible due to graphical improvements.

Infamous and, potentially, Watch Dogs might be hurting marketing plans too.

kyser73

When it comes to marketing, I think everyone is forgetting that this is first and foremost a PS+ title, so it'll be appearing in everyone's 'What's New' box and on the front page of the store as soon as you go in.

Yes there's a retail version but it's still mainly going to be a PS+ thing I reckon, hence the lack of any pre-release stuff this early on...not to mention that Driveclub imagery has been a part of PS4 advertising since the launch...

Shaneus

When it comes to marketing, I think everyone is forgetting that this is first and foremost a PS+ title, so it'll be appearing in everyone's 'What's New' box and on the front page of the store as soon as you go in.
It's not a PS+ game first and foremost. It's being developed as a full game which will have some content cut for PS+, not as a PS+ game with content added.

GameSeeker

Dear Evolution,

Please do not rush DriveClub to market. Recently 3 major driving games were released:

Gran Turismo 6 - Metacritic 81
Forza 5 - Metacritic 80
NFS: Rivals - Metacritic 80 (on PS4)

Evolution's goal should be a higher rating than those games. This will require polish, polish and more polish. Take your time and make the game as good as possible.

Hasney

Given it's due a release soon (rumored end of Feb?) l would have thought some new trailers would be out by now?

Well they've not announced anything regarding dates. Even if the rumoured date was true, they may have internally decided to push it back again for more polish.

spwolf

Dear Evolution,

Please do not rush DriveClub to market. Recently 3 major driving games were released:

Forza 5 - Metacritic 80

Evolution's goal should be a higher rating than those games. This will require polish, polish and more polish. Take your time and make the game as good as possible.

its all about Metacritic average

Joeki11a

Banned
whats the point of this game, thats why it delayed they needed to figured that out

closed track pretty racer doesnt mean much these day, other IPs been done that and look at their low Meta scores

the racing or driving games realm need to push forward.

Ishan

whats the point of this game, thats why it delayed they needed to figured that out

closed track pretty racer doesnt mean much these day, other IPs been done that.

yup they needed to work more on the social/network aspects. Thats what one of the insiders posted in the delay thread as the main reason. But hey if they take the time to polish up the graphics more I'm not complaining.

GameSeeker

No, I didn't say that. And that would be an untrue statement. However, reviews do matter. It would be embarrassing if DriveClub releases to the same kind of review scores as KZ:SF and Knack. DriveClub is no longer a launch game, it can't use the "rushed to market to make launch" excuse anymore. Evolution needs to take its time and make the game as good as they can.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

amar212

I had posted a showreel from one of Evo's designers a couple of days back and SolidSnakex had noticed a Lambhorgini Aventador in their UI concept...

Also notice all the social networking features (above and below):
vDAnhyZ.png

"...Purchased a Zenvo".

Well, Zenvo is a news of its own, I do not recall being in any game yet ever.

It is a handmade 1250HP monstrosity that cost 1,8 million $$.

http://zenvoautomotive.com/

However, reviews do matter. It would be embarrassing if DriveClub releases to the same kind of review scores as KZ:SF ...

It is embarrassing for the reviewers not for the Killzone.

closed track pretty racer doesnt mean much these day, other IPs been done that and look at their low Meta scores

the racing or driving games realm need to push forward.
So we are not allowed to have racing games anymore? That's a sad mentality to have. As long as the racing is fun, competitive with depth, then it should be able to stand on its own merits. You don't need gimmicks in every game.

Donos

Will Driveclub still have a free, feature streamlined version for PS+ regardless of the delay?

Because i think it will be a huge plus to have that huge community from the start. And a lot of people who get teased with the free version will probably get the full version.

But then i think that even without a *free* PS+ version the game will be rather sucessful. It's not that there a tons of new games to choose from for PS4 users (same with XB1.

It kind of is, at least if you read the cross spectrum of player comments about KZ:SF and Knack they pretty accurately reflect the review scores. Motorstorm Apocalypse was the worst scored of that series and surprise, surprise it was also the worst game.

Will Driveclub still have a free, feature streamlined version for PS+ regardless of the delay?

Because i think it will be a huge plus to have that huge community from the start. And a lot of people who get teased with the free version will probably get the full version.

Yes it's still coming free to PS+ when it arrives with an upgrade option that will apparently be less than retail price. It really makes me wonder who Sony think will buy the retail copy though given that you will need PS+ for the majority of the game given how much it pushes the online aspect of it all.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Yes it's still coming free to PS+ when it arrives with an upgrade option that will apparently be less than retail price. It really makes me wonder who Sony think will buy the retail copy though given that you will need PS+ for the majority of the game given how much it pushes the online aspect of it all.

Same people who will buy the retail copy of MGS: Ground Zeroes for these reasons:
- Some exclusive content not available in the digital version
- Physical disc

Same people who will buy the retail copy of MGS: Ground Zeroes for these reasons:
- Some exclusive content not available in the digital version
- Physical disc

Yeah but I think it really depends on how they price it, for me having digital this generation has been a godsend, I love being able to turn on the PS4 from my couch and just picking whatever game I want to play. The added bonus when coming to remote play as well with the Vita.

Now given that they have stated that the upgrade will be discounted from the retail price, I think it is going to have to be a diehard fan to buy a disc and have the joy of having to get up and change disc when wanting to play. Unless they price it at something like £30 retail and £20 upgrade I really cannot see many people buying the disc version. The thing is though I've seen stores quoting a £55 price which then makes me wonder if the 'upgrade' price is going to be around £30-35

Listonosh

Dear Evolution,

Forza 5 - Metacritic 80

Those are great scores man. On a 10 point scale, that's just two points shy of perfect =D

But seriously though, I've been looking forward to Driveclub ever since its announcement. I'm almost wishing PS4 implemented some sort Early Access feature like Steam, where we could buy the game before its finished and give real time feedback on its development. The wait is killing me.

Top Bottom