• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub was the UK's best-selling exclusive of 2014 at #19 including bundled copies

Don't think I've seen an Xbox One without MCC being included here in the UK. Sure it had a official bundle too.

Titanfall is 12th place, I doubt the PC crowd bumped it up that much, so I'd give it the nod as best selling exclusive.

Edit: TF was 360 as well.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
For a game that's clearly severely broken at launch and for a long while afterwards, and also used as a lying promise for many PS+ gamers, Driveclub sure is nowadays loved by so many in GAF.

Occam

For a game that's clearly severely broken at launch and for a long while afterwards, and also used as a lying promise for many PS+ gamers, Driveclub sure is nowadays loved by so many in GAF.

By people who have actually played it and who appreciate good driving games, yes. Does that surprise you?

Usobuko

Banned
Of course it was.

NqljwcW.jpg

Next year would be The Order and you can change his attire.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well, those people played the game.

Fair enough.

By people who have actually played it and who appreciate good driving games, yes. Does that surprise you?

No actually.

Since nowadays the release-first-fix-later culture is widely acceptable by gamers, as proven by not only this game but also many others. Oh they may condemn them publicly and loudly, sure, but they accept it nonetheless.

Ah well.

Maybe I'll buy a copy since it looks great and it seems like from all the love here the vast majority of the broken things has been fixed.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Well, those people played the game.
Having not bought this game yet, but rented it from a co-worker it's my favorite driving game in the last 3 years.

It's crazy how good it is. I am constantly baffled by how much I enjoy it. :p

Drac84

My biggest issue were the reviewers that complained that it wasn't an open world racer...

I really hate when reviewers criticise a game because it's not in the genre they like.

"This linear shooter is too linear, I wish it was an open world shooter instead"
"This racer's mechanics are too arcadey/simmy, I prefer simmy/arcadey racers"
"I felt helpless in this survival horror game, it needed more action"

Review a game for what it is, not for what it should've been if you'd made it.

It was a shame about the launch. They should have delayed it until the weather patch was ready anyway because it added so much in terms of visual impact.

Even so, the single player was a good game and more deserving than the ludicrous 'no soul' reviews gave it credit for.
In its current, post-weather patch, state it is the most fun I've had with a driving game in many years. The focus on driving and not racing lines, assists, tuning and uneccessary 'open world' padding has made me enjoy the genre again in a way that I haven't for a very long time.

The salt levels on display by some poor souls have been truly entertaining.
I guess the Forza has a strong influence on the weak minded.

hawk2025

Having not bought this game yet, but rented it from a co-worker it's my favorite driving game in the last 3 years.

It's crazy how good it is. I am constantly baffled by how much I enjoy it. :p

Story of Driveclub.

"holy shit, I supposedly should not be enjoying this game this much. Huh"

And then, according to some people here, you become part of the Drivecult :p

If you are fine with a future in which all the game releases are like Driveclub, AC: Unity or MCC then you have a problem. According to your way of thinking Battlefield's 4 first year clusterfuck doesn't matter anymore since it works now.
Fuck that.

Comparing DC to Unity? That's some desperation right there.

I might buy Driveclub sometime in the first half of 2015.

It seems like it will be a good driving video game to play on my home video game console system in 2015.

Wait so did DC sell more than 84k or what? Or was that US only

I don't think we have any specific sales data, although it's sold upwards of 100k in Germany, so the UK is likely to be higher than that. Plus, it was heavily bundled before Christmas and the PS4 did gangbusters, so I'd wager it was much higher than 84k copies.

I-hate-u

Call me crazy, but I think the game would have done better in US and Japan if they marketed cars from their regions respectively.

Still, its a fantastic game. Been a fan of Evo since Motorstorm.

Wabba

Great for Driveclub, but last year was a pretty rough year for games. Few game releases and the big games that came out was major disappointments.

I highly enjoyed the game from launch, not having online features didn't bother me one bit. There is a small amount of criteria I hold for every racing game and that is if it understands racing and is this reflected in the handling model and therefore the design of the tracks, how this impacts the racing line and if they can capture the feeling of speed.

As Driveclub has the best tracks that I have ever seen in a racing game (outside of the Nürburgring Nordschleife and Isle of Man TT) that take into account elevation, camber, road surfaces that feel more like roads rather than race tracks combined with a driving model that makes all vehicles feel unique with a fantastic imitations of speed whilst allowing you to place any one of the wheels on any part of the track at the speed you desire if you have the skill, whilst also ensuring that the driver has to be on their toes at all times and an accurate to life approach to a racing line. It pretty much hit every note I look for in a racing game then add into the mix the dynamic approach to lighting and weather which is unlike any other game and made every race feel unique and captures the racing relationship with light.

The foundations of the gameplay were absolutely rock solid from the get go and the online features missing didn't detract from the game at all. Once they started coming online, the addition of rain and snow, more amazing tracks and cars the game just gets better and better. There are things that can be improved upon and added to make the game better but in many cases are superficial.

Top Bottom