• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drugs |OT| Psychonauts isn't just a video game

Crayons

Banned
Hello all and welcome to the Drugs |OT|.

I am hoping that this thread will be a useful resource and community for the users of GAF, whether they are a total newbie or an experienced psychonaut. I hope to provide you all with useful information, harm reduction, and safety tips to ensure that you if you chose to use drugs, you do so in a healthy manner that doesn't compromise your health, mental health, your freedom, or livelihood.

Disclaimer: This thread is not meant to be a promotion of drug use. Instead, it's meant to be an educational tool and community for the users of GAF.

In this thread, you will find different categories of substances, different drugs, and various tidbits of information relevant to these different substances, such as legality, duration, history, street names, safe and unsafe combinations, etc.

yW7fM.png

Yxcr88q.png

drugpolicy.org said:
Psychedelic drugs include LSD (“acid”), psilocybin mushrooms, mescaline (found in peyote), ibogaine, salvia, and DMT (found in ayahuasca). Psychedelic substances have been used for thousands of years for religious and therapeutic purposes.

In the 1950s and early 1960s, psychedelic drugs such as LSD were considered promising treatments for a broad range of psychological and psychiatric conditions. Tens of thousands of people were introduced to them in clinical studies, as an adjunct to psychotherapy, or as part of a religious or spiritual practice.

By the late 1960s, however, as millions of people experimented with them, psychedelics became symbols of youthful rebellion, social upheaval, and political dissent. By the early 1970s, the government had halted scientific research to evaluate their medical safety and efficacy. The ban persisted for decades, but has gradually been lifted over the past decade.

Today, there are dozens of studies taking place to evaluate the medical safety and efficacy of psychedelics, and the Supreme Court has ruled that psychedelics can be used as part of the practices of certain organized religions.

Psychedelic drugs include:

LSD is commonly sold on blotter paper. A solution of liquid LSD is used to saturate the blotter paper with LSD. The blotter paper is then consumed, either by keeping it in your mouth and chewing for 20-30minutes, putting it under the tongue (sublingually) or swallowing it altogether. The amount of LSD on each tab, or "hit" can vary greatly. There is no way to tell the dose without sending it to a lab to be tested. In addition, when purchasing what you believe to be "acid", please note that You may be being sold a research chemical, including but not limited to 25i-NBOMe, which can induce seizures and even be fatal in higher doses. While any dose of LSD is safe, it is fairly easy to overdose on the NBOMe drugs, especially when one thinks they are taking LSD. The safest and most failproof way to determine if what you purchased is LSD is to buy a drug testing kit.

erowid.org said:
2C-B is a synthetic psychedelic that first gained popularity as a legal Ecstasy replacement in the mid 1980s. It is known for having a strong physical component to its effects and a moderate duration.

2CB is commonly sold in pill form or in powdered form. 2C-B was first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin in 1974. After MDMA was scheduled in the US in 1985, 2CB was marketed as an MDMA replacement until it too was scheduled in 1994.

29HaCPJ.png

erowid.org said:
There are more than 180 species of mushrooms that contain the psychedelic chemicals psilocybin or psilocin. They have a long history of use in Mexico and are currently one of the most popular and commonly available natural psychedelics.

EB70INy.png

erowid.org said:
DMT is a powerful, visual psychedelic which produces short-acting effects when smoked. It is used orally in combination with an MAOI, as in ayahuasca brews. It is naturally produced in the human body and by many plants.

aKcmuxh.png

erowid.org said:
Mescaline is a naturally occurring psychedelic with a long history of human use. It is best known as the primary active chemical in the peyote cactus.

GBmHzsV.png

wikipedia said:
Dissociatives are a class of hallucinogen, which distort perceptions of sight and sound and produce feelings of detachment – dissociation – from the environment and self

yF4AFcn.jpg

erowid.org said:
DXM is a widely available over-the-counter cough suppressant. When taken far above its standard medical dosage, it is a strong dissociative used primarily by teens.
erowid.org said:
For those who choose to use DXM recreationally, it is extremely important to pay attention to the active ingredients list of the brand they choose to use. People knowledgeable in the field recommend that only products containing DXM alone (sometimes listed as 'Dextromethorphan hydrobromide') in the Active Ingredients list should be used.

The Active Ingredients list on the side of pharmaceutical products will include all ingredients which may have a strong effect on the mind or body. While some ingredients shown in an Active Ingredients lists may have recreational potential at higher-than-recommended dosages, others may be deadly. It is extremely important to know which is which. Never use a product recreationally which contains an Active Ingredient which you are not familiar with. Users should be familiar with each ingredient's possible side-effects, likelihood of allergic reaction, dose range, and overdose symptoms.

SPECIAL WARNING - Coricidin HBP Cough & Cold (formerly Coricidin Cough & Cold)
There are many over-the-counter products which contain DXM. Most contain additional active ingredients which are best avoided at high doses. The higher the dose, the more likely problems are. One product which has caused problems for many people is Coricidin [HBP] Cough & Cold, which contains DXM and Chlorpheniramine Maleate. If you are using DXM recreationally, avoid using Coricidin Cough and Cold as your DXM source.

erowid.org said:
Nitrous Oxide is an anaesthetic gas best known for its use in dentistry and as a whipped cream propellant. It is widely available and its effects are short lasting.

erowid.org said:
Ketamine is a dissociative psychedelic used medically as a veterinary and human anaesthetic. It is one of the few addictive psychedelics and is associated with researcher John Lilly.

oSB013P.jpg

erowid.org said:
Methoxetamine is a near chemical analog of ketamine and PCP. Its use was first publicly reported in 2010. Methoxetamine's effects are described by some as similar to ketamine or high-dose DXM, while others report not finding it similar to those substances. A number of accounts describe compulsive redosing and unintentional consumption of more than was initially planned.

PCP is a powerful psychedelic known for its dissociative effects at higher doses. It is best known for stories of the strange and sometimes violent behavior of people under its influence.
This chemical is believed to be neurotoxic - meaning it can cause brain damage in the form of Olney's lesions in the brain. Delusions, psychotic episodes, violent outbursts seem to be far more common with this chemical than with other drugs. The drug has dramatically decreased in popularity since its' peak in the '70s. It is now most commonly found in the Washington DC area.

cMIx84K.jpg

wikipedia said:
Stimulants (also referred to as psychostimulants) are psychoactive drugs that induce temporary improvements in either mental or physical functions or both. Examples of these kinds of effects may include enhanced alertness, wakefulness, and locomotion, among others.

tjffMnb.png

erowid.org said:
MDMA is one of the most popular recreational psychoactives, most commonly sold as "ecstasy" (usually tablets) or "molly" (usually crystals). It is known for its empathogenic, euphoric, and stimulant effects, and has also been used in psychotherapy.

4WaDt9a.jpg

Cocaine is a common stimulant derived from the Erythroxylum coca plant. It is best known for its massive popularity in powdered and freebase (crack) forms.

Combinations

2pointo.png

Welcome, all psychonauts

Crayons

Banned
Websites

erowid.org
Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs, plants, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals
dancesafe.org
DanceSafe is a peer-based, harm reduction organization promoting health and safety within the electronic music community.
psychonautwiki.org
PsychonautWiki is a community-driven encyclopedia which is striving to formally catalog the field of psychonautics in a legitimate and comprehensive manner.

Authors

John C. Lily
vf75yHr.png

5128.jpg
7745.jpg
51654.jpg

123698.jpg
886113.jpg
271921.jpg
KABQDrP.jpg

Jzero

Finally a proper thread. I'll post my favorite drugs in order

1. MDMA - It literally feels like falling in love and being loved back
2. DMT - The open eye visuals are so intense that you feel like you'll never be returning to your own universe
3. LSD - Temporarily cures my depression and shows me the way when my life feels standstill
4. Marijuana - Overrated as hell but good for occasions where you don't want to be high for hours

Crayons

Banned
Finally a proper thread. I'll post my favorite drugs in order

1. MDMA - It literally feels like falling in love and being loved back
2. DMT - The open eye visuals are so intense that you feel like you'll never be returning to your own universe
3. LSD - Temporarily cures my depression and shows me the way when my life feels standstill
4. Marijuana - Overrated as hell but good for occasions where you don't want to be high for hours

God, I love MDMA. I'd have to agree with you there on naming it number one. Of course, it's not something that should be used too often. After having a brief love affair with Molly, I decided to only dance with her when I'm going to a big event, like a music festival.

Perhaps that would work as an icebreaker for this community? Your favorite drugs and maybe what music you like to listen on them?

you actually made the thread, good shit. subbed.

stupid question, but lets say i tried any or all of these. is it possible NOT to get hooked after one hit? i guess i'm asking if they are super addictive? or is it different for everybody?

Jzero

stupid question, but lets say i tried any or all of these. is it possible NOT to get hooked after one hit? i guess i'm asking if they are super addictive? or is it different for everybody?
Depends what you're looking to try.Sugar is more addicting than anything I've tried.

Crayons

Banned

Depends on the drug. Every substance is different. Psychedelics aren't addictive (with the exception of ketamine which is a dissociative psychedelic.) Dissociatives can have some mental dependency when used often enough, but no physical withdrawal symptoms. Stimulants like adderall, meth, or cocaine are highly addictive. Heroin, a depressant, is even more addictive. For some people, yeah, all it takes is doing heroin once to have your life spiral out of control. Other depressants/anti anxiety drugs like Xanax or Valium can cause serious addiction. All in all, it's important to research all you can on whatever substance you choose to ingest into your body.

I think you'll find this helpful:

2000px-Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_(mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence).svg.png

Molly is above and beyond every other drug. It's the best you'll ever feel. Simply knowing I can feel that good gives me another reason to live honestly.

bounchfx

whoa crazy timing for this thread.

so I just tried chocolate mushrooms last night, I don't know what type of mushroom it was but I was told it was 2 grams. I tried them once before in amsterdam a few months ago but that wasn't ideal since we were moving around. It was a very pleasant strong body high, but there were no visuals and a lot of distractions in the wild since we walked around and eventually sat on the grass for a bit. It felt nice but I didn't notice any revelations or anything wild outside of tingly feelings.

I wanted to give it another shot last night and try to reach some of that stuff I read about, however I'm not sure what I had was psilocybin, either that or I had a very low dose:

I started by having a third of the chocolate, since I was told to just nibble it and that it was really strong. an hour in, it wasn't doing much, nowhere near what I felt before so I decided to down the rest of it. About 45 minutes later, outside of just getting the weird gag feeling in my throat/loss of appetite and some heaviness, I noticed my friends face was starting to shift, very slightly. It was suuuper slight and I thought it was the compression on the video feed (we were on hangouts). eventually I recognized it to be the whole pattern-recognition shit, and if I just let it go her face would sort of morph around depending on where I focused. It was very similar to that google algorithm that you could put images in online and it comes out with those weird dog faces all over the image XD, except it was a lot subtler and in real time. I never saw anything else shift despite trying to look at art, walls, patterns, or different stuff. I was talking a lot though, sometimes in circles but it was mainly me debating with myself on whether or not the drug was doing this at all, or if it was just me. My argument was because I wasn't 100% sure the type I took, and I wasn't getting any of the affects I read about, that it probably wasn't just the drugs but some in between, and then I argued with myself that it didn't really matter, and I should just enjoy what it was, not what I expected it to be. It was absolutely a different experience than the stuff I tried in Amsterdam but I'm not sure if that's simply because I had more time to myself as far as thought goes.

After a couple hours hanging with my friend I decided it would be best if I just laid on the floor and saw if anything happened. Immediately upon laying down I felt my body kind of 'sink' into the ground and had some euphoric feelings. I was searching for the patterns I had read about that you're supposed to get with your eyes closed, and I THINK I saw a couple but they were definitely not pronounced. The most 'obvious' one I saw was like a tracer effect of little lines, the best way I could describe it was like, whatever comes after 4K HD. It was like, SUUUUPER high resolution, small squiggly bright blue lines moving around, again it was very faint though but more pronounced than the rest.

I just laid for a bit longer and I was already coming down I think, I should probably have laid down sooner to feel a stronger effect. However I think I'm starting to grasp the idea of the shit I read in 'the psychedelic experience' before trying this. Again, I'm not sure if this was even the same fucking type of mushroom they're describing in the book, but I feel like I was able to draw some parallels of what I read and I have to say it was a lot, lot different than I expected. far more subtle but again maybe that was the dosage. I would like to try it again (no clue where to even get this stuff, got the chocolate by luck), but with a higher dosage and more specific goal towards the ego-loss state and just being. It would also be fun to have more visuals. I tried music and... it was just music. nothing special.

I wrote down one thing last night from what I was feeling at the time, it was: "it's as much as i'm willing to let it". It's what I was feeling in regards to the effects. As in, I could see things normally if I wanted, but if I let it consume me I would feel/see more.

anyway I just thought I would share, I hope this wasn't too long!

Nyx

If you're on drugs and 'music is just music, nothing special', you probably didn't have enough or the quality was bad. ;)

Music and drugs are the perfect couple.
MDMA and some good DJ sets and I'm going places while being in the same spot.

Jzero

If you're on drugs and 'music is just music, nothing special', you probably didn't have enough or the quality was bad. ;)
Seriously, music should make you want to orgasm when you're on drugs.

Anyway I usually take stuff exclusively at home but I definitely want to try going out in nature and experience what drugs are like outside. I just need to find a reliable tripsitter

bounchfx

Music and drugs are the perfect couple.
MDMA and some good DJ sets and I'm going places while being in the same spot.

Yeah, I think it was either just a low dosage (hence the effects being tame), or not psilocybin or whatnot. I don't know much about different mushrooms, I just assume everything is psi but I understand that, like weed, there's a few different types.

the big challenge for me next is figuring out where the fuck I'm supposed to find some, from someone reliable

Jzero

I wonder if the director of photography for the show Limitless has taken DMT. The color transition from sober to high totally reminds me of the effects of DMT right as it hits you. I can't really find the correct gif for it but this one is alright.

CqinzVQ.gif

Crayons

Banned
I wonder if the director of photography for the show Limitless has taken DMT. The color transition from sober to high totally reminds me of the effects of DMT right as it hits you. I can't really find the correct gif for it but this one is alright.

CqinzVQ.gif

It's possible. Although, DMT would make your eyes dilate, not constrict. But what's going on after that does look like DMT

Crayons

Banned
I am concerned (and have a lot of anger) over the kratom ban. These people who have been taking kratom may switch over to traditional opiate painkillers, either by the legal pill pushers (big pharma) or the illegal ones on the street. How will these people manage their pain and or anxiety symptoms? All of the alternatives are far more dangerous and expensive. Shame on the DEA for such a low and obvious blow to the American people. Shame on them.

This news about the kratom ban is giving me intense flashbacks to learning about the origin of the War On Drugs.

Otherwise, what an awesome thread!

Currently my only drugs in use are alcohol and pot, and I have to say, a little ganja here and there has really helped with my anxiety and depression. I really only smoke about once a week (with my dad, usually) and it really helps me calm my mind and set my mood. I really wish the leafy stuff was legal here in PA, I'm hoping Wolf can push legalization beyond pills and medical.

Crayons

Banned
And why isn't heroin listed in the OP 😐
Two reasons:

1) I didnt finish
2) Opiates got me addicted quick, made me sell things to get more money, made me dopesick for weeks, made me more depressed than I was to begin with, and could have honestly killed me

Jzero

I am concerned (and have a lot of anger) over the kratom ban. These people who have been taking kratom may switch over to traditional opiate painkillers, either by the legal pill pushers (big pharma) or the illegal ones on the street. How will these people manage their pain and or anxiety symptoms? All of the alternatives are far more dangerous and expensive. Shame on the DEA for such a low and obvious blow to the American people. Shame on them.

The DEA is fucking useless, it is known.

a little ganja here and there has really helped with my anxiety and depression.

I don't really like weed because it makes me feel like an anxious dumbass, and that is not a good feeling.

Crayons

Banned
I want to get high so bad but the good jobs I want do fuckin hair tests and i don't want to miss an opportunity because i have to wait the 90 days.
That sucks dude

I almost got a job at one of those drug testing places. The irony is not lost on me. The hours didn't work with my school classes

Nyx

I was just talking about the literal color change of the scene from cold to warm. When DMT hits it literally feels like your mood changes color. I took a video of another scene in the show.

When psychedelics kick in I usually see a lot of purple and green.

Rembrandt

Banned
i might be take a tab or two of acid in a little bit. i have mostly good trips with one really fucked one but that was after taking 4 tabs. it's been a while so i'mma gonna start off with 1. I'll probably just post here and that one acid thread in OT if I start feeling weird, lol

Jzero

i might be take a tab or two of acid in a little bit. i have mostly good trips with one really fucked one but that was after taking 4 tabs. it's been a while so i'mma gonna start off with 1. I'll probably just post here and that one acid thread in OT if I start feeling weird, lol
Post in here we need more activity, this thread is dead as fuck

Anyone know the life span of shrooms? I have about 2 grams and its just been sitting in a plastic bag for about a month. I was planning on saving them for a camping trip in late october.

Crayons

Banned
Anyone know the life span of shrooms? I have about 2 grams and its just been sitting in a plastic bag for about a month. I was planning on saving them for a camping trip in late october.

I honestly don't know...it's better to have had put them in the fridge tho

BUMP because I want more activity in this thread. Anyone do a substance recently or were looking into trying something new?

Jzero

I honestly don't know...it's better to have had put them in the fridge tho

BUMP because I want more activity in this thread. Anyone do a substance recently or were looking into trying something new?
I did MDMA at a concert last night and it was great (I usually do every drug inside my house). I must have been vibing because some random girl started holding my hands and dancing with me and the sensation of her hands and body on mine felt so great compared to doing so sober. I haven't worked out for months though so I finally got to feel the MDMA hangover. Didn't feel a hangover at all when I was fit.

I'm gonna bump this because I started really listening to Chasing The Scream, and I have to say, what an intense and excellent look at the war on drugs. If anything, I've been made angry by this book. And the author is fantastic at creating a non-offensive image of what an addict is. I really would suggest to anyone to read or listen to this, it's the first thing in a long time that has made me actually cry.

Crayons

Banned
I really love the child like feeling that LSD gives me. It's like I'm exploring the world and everything is new and beautiful and full of wonder

Oynox

I love these foreign educational videos, way better than all the fear mongering we get here in the U.S.

MDMA

2C-B

Ketamine

This channel should be highlighted in the OP, they are absolutely great. They are funded by the Dutch government to evoke awareness of what drugs do to your body and how they work.

I'm gonna bump this thread due to some recent experiences with mushrooms. I have to say, the feeling of losing yourself in a trip is one of the scariest, yet exhilarating experiences you can have.

Giving up your mind for a bit and letting the world melt around you is intense.

Jzero

Bought some Ayahuasca kits. Let's see how different it is from a straight DMT trip. I hate the feeling of nausea/puking though so this is going to suck.

Edit: My ayahuasca trip was kinda disappointing, i don't know what i did wrong. It only lasted one hour and it felt more like an easygoing LSD trip than the hardcore smoked DMT trips I've had in the past. Maybe i just started puking too early and it didn't absorb into my body. Anyway it was definitely the grossest tasting thing I've ever put into my mouth.

Giving up your mind for a bit and letting the world melt around you is intense.

Yea wait until you actually try something strong like DMT ��

So, on my last trip(Sunday) I went through an existential crisis. The realization that everything is meaningless and everyone I know is going to die. And I'm worried I may have triggered some form of depression. The first two days after I was completely miserable. I spent the whole days trying not to break down and cry. I didn't even want to exist. The thought of dying crippled me. Wednesday and Thursday were better, but the points where I wasn't miserable I felt detached. Like stuff wasn't really there. It was like I was controlling someone else's body. Yesterday, I woke up and felt like the old me. I felt fucking invincible. Better than I had ever felt in my life. Everything felt right, there wasn't a thing wrong with the world. This went on til about 3pm. Out of nowhere, I felt just as bad as the first day. My stomach hurt, I felt extremely emotional, thoughts of my fate and role in life absolutely destroyed me. I tried to distract myself with random shit, but I just couldn't get into it. Today I felt okay. I felt like I had to fight to not into a funk, though. I'm watching Bob's Burgers with my lil bro, hoping I don't have an episode today. Did anybody else go through anything similar to this? How did you deal with it? I'm hoping that as time goes on it'll get better, because I'm seeing progress.

Top Bottom