• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DT: The Xbox Series X is the wrong console for Climate Change. Will increase carbon footprint.

Silent Duck

39xRCxR.jpg

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Go after the people/companies who produce the power, not the ones who draw. And the Xbox will be on the lower end of things that draw power. I suspect that the PS5 will be the same. Good grief.

And with the Bluray drive, it causes the CO2 to explode if the room temperature is too high, killing millions of gamers in the process.
Well killing people is actually a preferred way of tackling the climate change crisis!

Scientist suggests eating human flesh to fight climate change

So selling millions of consoles then having them explode and kill millions upon millions of people in the process (let's say MS has a good generation and they sell 60 million, that on average they kill 2.5 people per console this would eliminate 150 million people right there, with all their emissions, be it from eating steak, moving around, or just farting around)... How more moral can they be?

You will also notice that the campaigns to sell the consoles will be directly aimed at people who eat a lot of red meat, these ads will be studied to be disgusting to anyone who is vegetarian or vegan. Also the console is this big because they want to discourage those who use active transportation methods as they also generate less CO2 than car dwellers.

This is the most ethical move a company could ever make, sacrifice any chances of them surviving as an entity to help us save the world!

JimboJones

Even the most beefy gaming pcs arnt using that much electricity in comparison to something like boiling a kettle or an electric shower.
Non issue.

lock2k

Banned

And with the Bluray drive, it causes the CO2 to explode if the room temperature is too high, killing millions of gamers in the process.

I DEMAND we all go to MIcrosoft HQ and and demand a less powerful 240p console, with frame rates pf up to 10fps, and 30 polygons per 3D model RIGHT NOW to save everyone from dying due to exploding Bluray discs climate change, and we can all pitch in to pay for Greta Thunbergs ticket to join us.

I also DEMAND that Sony also get into gear, I want no watts in my PS5, you have to use a pedal to turn on your PS5 and it only lasts 45 minutes per session. Then, I want nothing more than 3DFX tier graphics and no disc drive unless it's for UMD, the most carbon friendly disc format, so no more carbon energy is produced. If our Refrigerator pumps out less Carbon than an Xbox or Playstation that means at every user of this forum has at least killed 500,000 people each.

Every year, 4 million gamers die because of Climate change and exploding Bluray discs and gamers always take it for granted. But no more!

Who's in!?!?!!?
looooool

Fuck climate change. For everyone playing one of them beasts there will be 4 soyboys fighting for fatty pussycrumb anyway. We are free to fuck shit up energy wise. :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_beaming:

The thing is, if you genuinely believe in climate change and that we only have X amount of years to save the planet, then you should be calling for the banning of all video games. It's completely frivolous use of energy

While I agree that there are problems when it comes to pollution and waste, none of the proponents of "fighting climate change" actually care about the environment. Governments and corporations alike just want to exert more power and control, and make lots of money through the hoax called "green energy".

Ban plastic straws....that will help...while corporations dump and spill everything in oceans without problems. In fact, corporations pay tax to be able to pollute countries. These electric windfarms kill lots of bats, birds, and other flying creatures. LED-lit nightlights are causing a "insect apocalypse"...

Progress they called it.

hU2toQ5.jpg

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Well,I'm doing my part....I won't be buying one.

.........because Xbox haven't put out a game since Halo CE that actually interested me.

(I edited my post because people may have thought it was because of the enviroment,lol.)

This reminds me, we need a crying baby emoji

You either take her seriously or don't.
If she is too young or too disabled, she shouldn't get herself into the spotlight.

Hate the people manipulating her. She's just a 16 year old girl probably with some autism. She does not deserve your hate.

Gerdav

It's real. Game consoles and plastic straws are humanities biggest threat.

Don’t forget the biggest evil of them all white men:messenger_face_screaming:

In all seriousness these woke half wits are a cult, it’s just brainwashing and bloody Greta who should be in school is the perfect example, I’m just waiting on the day the relevant authorities get her parents in court for truancy because it’s bloody well long overdue.

meirl

Banned
Dont forget: Same thing can be said about any other console in existence, ALSO future consoles, like the PS5.

CrisPy2019

Using a computer to write nonsensical articles and uploading them to the internet and (sadly) generate traffic also does.

Stupid author...

Journey

Banned
Microsoft releases Xbox One

Not powerful enough, get a PS4, it has 1.84 TF and games are pretty much guaranteed to run at 1080p instead of 720p 👍

Microsoft announces X series X

Too much power, save the planet and get a PS5, your children will thank you 👍

The irony of it all? DT just posted the article using a gaming PC with a 1000 Watt PSU and dual 2080 TI GPUs 🤡

Last edited:

Caffeine

china pouring residule chemicals in the water is doing more damage than an electronic device causing isolated heat. we are talking an ant compared to an astroid.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

This is great. Did someone post this on resetera? They need to know! (..and don't forget to mention that the best solution is to stop gaming completely)

(Here is the link to the article for if you want to read it, but don't want to reward their clickbait..)
The best solution is suicide after the murder of all our relatives.
Less human less pollution.
At least we need to stop reproducing.

on a serious note.
Xbox SX and PS5 will consume a lot of energy.
What’s the power consumption of a good gaming pc?
700w/h 800?

Top Bottom