• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dualshockers: A few details on Sony Bend's new PS4 game from job descriptions

hecy234

Neo Member
Hopefully not resurrecting a dead thread for nothing, and not sure if this is a banned source but could shed some light on Bend's new game?

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02...-cinematic-experience-and-advanced-animation/

The ad definitely seeks a very high profile professional in the animation field, and describes a very cinematic approach to game design. It also talks about vehicles, weapons and “creatures,” possibly implying that those elements will be in the game as well.

border

Another job posting disguised as a legitimate news story?

Oh wow -- the game needs good animation, and it has weapons! Thanks for the scoop.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Actually this is via Dualshockers. So we should link to them.

Nothing in that job application talks about platforms. Sites are just tagging it as a PS4 game due to what Yoshida's said. There's really nothing to be learned from that listing outside of the fact that they're hiring.

Normally I agree, but we know absolutely nothing about the game so there are a few tidbits here. "Creatures" would rule out Syphon Filter, "cinematic" could rule out something more gameplay oriented like a puzzler or some midtier platformer or something. I don't know. DON'T POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO TAKAO you meanie.

And we know it's PS4 so why bother faking. IMO "• 6 to 10 years of game art production with credit on several shipped AAA titles." rules out Vita.

Massa

Normally I agree, but we know absolutely nothing about the game so there are a few tidbits here. "Creatures" would rule out Syphon Filter, "cinematic" could rule out something more gameplay oriented like a puzzler or some midtier platformer or something. I don't know. DON'T POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO TAKAO you meanie.

And we know it's PS4 so why bother faking. IMO "• 6 to 10 years of game art production with credit on several shipped AAA titles." rules out Vita.

We know they're working on a PS4 game, and we know they were hiring for a Vita game. I don't see anything new in this job listing as far as platform goes, hard to say why the discussion took a turn in that direction.

nampad

Well, "creatures" and "cinematic" would suit a sequel to their last game, Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

If there are vehicles then I am guessing there is a lot of terrain to cover. This may not be the case but I think it definitely makes it more likely the levels are quite large.

Whatever it is, it sounds like a new IP from them. It sounds different from they have previously done.

Takao

Banned

This is one of the few times where an opinion can be wrong. Let's take a look at another one of their job postings:

Preferred Experience / Education:

* 6-10 years of game art production with credit on several shipped AAA titles.

It leads off with this:

Bend Studio the creators of Sony’s flagship Vita title Uncharted Golden Abyss is currently looking for the entertainment industries top Artistic talent to help us create AAA content for Sony's powerful new hardware. We just scratched the surface on what the Vita can do with Uncharted Golden Abyss and expect to push the platform even further with our future projects. Candidates must be passionate about their work and thrive in small-team environments where everyone inspires and pushes everyone else to create great games.

Founded in 1994, Bend Studio is a team of over 40 veteran engineers, artists, designers, and support staff who are dedicated to excellence and innovation. We have the close-knit environment and camaraderie of a small studio, where everyone knows everyone, while at the same time enjoying the stability and security provided by being part of Sony Computer Entertainment America. We are dedicated to producing only AAA award-winning games that showcase the power of current and future game consoles from Sony Computer Entertainment. For additional information on Bend Studios and it’s beautiful location in the resort down of Bend Oregon check out our website at http://www.bendstudio.com/

Bend is hiring for Senior positions. I can't imagine any established studio is taking hires directly out of college for that.

I don't even think they're working on a Vita game anymore, but there's really no news here.

Kiyo

They had a listing a while back specifically mentioning the PS4. I believe there was a thread on it, let me see if I can go find it...

Yes here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704815

I think this will be a horror game. Yosp said it would make you "panic" and one Sony insider/employee here said they were working on some prototyping with using light and dark to instill fear.

What we know:

"panic"
"creatures, weapons & vehicles"
"cinematic"

What I want:

bBzJoER.jpg
+
4k8mpPz.jpg

What we'll probably get:

Not what I want

Kyoufu

I'm hoping it's a PS4/Vita crossplatform game.

No thanks. If I want to play a PS4 game on the Vita I'll just hit up Remote Play. Besides, I doubt SCEE/A are going to bother dumping resources into Vita after low sales of Killzone Mercenary and Tearaway.

Top Bottom