• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Durante Presents: FFXIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha

timshundo

Sorry, I just found the "save uncompressed screenshot" option in steam. I've never felt the need to take screenshots of a game before ahahahah.

Playing at the res at (mostly) 60fps is mindblowing considering im on an iMac ahahaha. I forgot a lot of this game too.

292120_2014-10-09_000vtemz.png

UnrealEck

Seems that some effects in the game cause it to drop to a 30 FPS cap. When the effects are gone again, the framerate will climb back up to the 59 FPS cap.
An example is the first enemy you fight. It uses blue laser beam attacks. Those cause the framerate to drop to a 30 cap.

Marceles

Wow, this is amazing besides the bloom parts. It's like playing Last Story on Dolphin at the moment, but I'd gladly play it like this over the stock way. Thanks Durante

blaidd

Banned
Seems that some effects in the game cause it to drop to a 30 FPS cap. When the effects are gone again, the framerate will climb back up to the 59 FPS cap.
An example is the first enemy you fight. It uses blue laser beam attacks. Those cause the framerate to drop to a 30 cap.

That kinda sounds like vsync with double-buffering. Tried to force it off yet?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Set adaptive vsync to half refresh rate (if your refresh rate is 60hz).
or
Set a cap of 30 in Rivatuner (comes with MSI Afterburner.)
Is adaptive a setting I can find in my card's control panel (AMD)?

OK there is some framerate bullshit happening at (what I believe is) 8k

iwPaaCCKg6HAh.png

ibhO309O8URDjK.png

imbumbsaMNm27.png

This is not an error. Game visually smooths out as soon as battles end. The difference in each of these is basically 1 sub 5k poly enemy on screen. This one:

iQVUfUtMIxssF.png

WHAT.

I HAVE A TITAN! I AM SUPERIOR!1!1!one

TheTrain

First of all, thank you Durante! As a tester I can say that on Ati it's pretty buggy atm as you can see here:

iu9sJT7ABIMQv.png

At least we have a starting point, and that's beautiful.

UnrealEck

The guy that made the thread saying we need 1920x1080 support has now taken advantage of how people have used that thread to say they want it too. He/she is now asking for tesselation support.

Tesselation support.
lol.

Is adaptive a setting I can find in my card's control panel (AMD)?

I'm sure it will be but I can't say yes or no because I don't have an AMD card.
I reccomend using MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner though because it'll come in handy for any game you want to cap.

MayMay

Banned
Sorry, I just found the "save uncompressed screenshot" option in steam. I've never felt the need to take screenshots of a game before ahahahah.

Playing at the res at (mostly) 60fps is mindblowing considering im on an iMac ahahaha. I forgot a lot of this game too.

0_o how did I not know about this?

BR4DDERS

Neo Member
OK there is some framerate bullshit happening at (what I believe is) 8k

*snip*

This is not an error. Game visually smooths out as soon as battles end. The difference in each of these is basically 1 sub 5k poly enemy on screen. This one:

*snip*

WHAT.

I HAVE A TITAN! I AM SUPERIOR!1!1!one

I think I read in the FF13 thread that the game caps your fps to 30 during fights.

cj_iwakura

This is a godsend.

But why can't the big companies who release these games do this? Why do they release such a poorly optimized product? I can't wrap my head around this. It's baffling.

I'm more perplexed that people buy them and support the company when fans fix their releases for free. It's great and all, but companies don't deserve the funding.

Xyber

Some attacks with effects seems to drop the FPS down to 30 for some reason. But the fight itself is 60 otherwise.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm more perplexed that people buy them and support the company when fans fix their releases for free. It's great and all, but companies don't deserve the funding.
Because the alternative is that we dont get these ports at all.

If nobody buys this out of protest, they aren't going to be like, "Hey, we should spend more time on this next time". They are simply going to not bother releasing these ports at all.

UnrealEck

Can you force your GPU load to go up by running some other game while you run this?

Yes but it won't change how much FFXIII is utilising.
Besides, I don't think that's the problem. There seems to be an issue with some of the effects or animations in game that are dropping the framerate down to a 30 cap.

TheTux

I can't get a decent framerate and according to MSI Afterburner this game doesn't even use 40% of my GPU. What the hell is this garbage? Square, publicly apologize and make a patch or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Seriously though, patch the game damn it!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Durante, I can't thank you enough. You don't have to do this, but you do anyway. You are truly the savior of bad ports.

Also, congrats on the new tag!

Eyothrie

I decided to lock the framerate to 30 since the drops from 60 were too distracting. Game is gorgeous downsampled from 4K to 1080p.

Thanks, Durante!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Anyone have any luck with the texture dumps? I work all of the weekend starting tomorrow so I'd like to get the font out of the way at least.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I decided to lock the framerate to 30 since the drops from 60 were too distracting. Game is gorgeous downsampled from 4K to 1080p.

Thanks, Durante!
What did you use to cap it?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I feel bad for you PC guys. SE knew it was going to be a shit port, and they weren't going to take the time or effort to fix it up before release, no wonder it was so cheap, directly proportional to the amount of time spent on porting the 360 code and putting some higher quality cutscenes in place of the 360's vid files..

Glad that Durante is on the case as usual.

Top Bottom