• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008 Microsoft Conference

le.phat

just chiming in to say that this E3 is turning out pretty fucking cool :D
Allthough the conferences were lukewarm at best, the abundance of HD trailers, screens, demo's, walkthroughs, unveilings and downloads is fuckawesome.

there's so much awesome stuff coming to the HD front! Mirror's edge, streetfighter, rage, flower, fat princess, fable 2, banjo & kazooie, resistance 2, motorstorm 2, Gears of war 2, Killzone 2, Prince of Persia, Fallout 3, Resident Evil 5, Infamous, MAG, Dead space, everything looks fucking gorgeous!

At first i was a bit nerveous as alot of people were expecting the paragrim shift from HD to wii to be fully noticable this E3, but my confidence in HD is stronger then ever. so fucking much to look forward toOOAOAARGH!!!

MechDX

Sorry if it has been asked but.....

Is the red controller Cliff B was using in the GoW2 demo caoming to retail? Wife saw it and wants one.:lol

stotch

Banned
MechDX said:
Sorry if it has been asked but.....

Is the red controller Cliff B was using in the GoW2 demo caoming to retail? Wife saw it and wants one.:lol

142whmh.jpg

Perfect gift for your wife.

Xenon

the disgruntled gamer said:
Is it just me, or has Bringing It Home been really weak so far, especially compared to the last few years?

Considering you actually have to look for the E3 media instead of it being on the ad on the front page, Id say yeah. Its been a half ass effort for sure. After I downloaded 5 clips, I could not find them on my drive. They ended up in a RE5 subfolder.

RBH

Xenon said:
Considering you actually have to look for the E3 media instead of it being on the ad on the front page, Id say yeah. Its been a half ass effort for sure. After I downloaded 5 clips, I could not find them on my drive. They ended up in a RE5 subfolder.
Same exact thing happened to me. I must've have spent 10 minutes just wondering what had happened to all of those videos. :lol

It's been a pretty disappointing "Bringing It Home" overall by MS.

Ponn

Banned
RBH said:
Same exact thing happened to me. I must've have spent 10 minutes just wondering what had happened to all of those videos. :lol

It's been a pretty disappointing "Bringing It Home" overall by MS.

I also hate how their was no conferences to download. Also the daily wrap ups and interviews are on that stupid E3 streaming page and not up for download.

I want more demos too.

DuckRacer

Ponn01 said:
I also hate how their was no conferences to download. Also the daily wrap ups and interviews are on that stupid E3 streaming page and not up for download.

I want more demos too.
Eh, I'd give them until tomorrow for the conference – they've done it for the last two E3s, and last TGS, etc. I don't think they're bailing at this point.

The lack of demos is a travesty though. Too Human is boring and I don't care about Tales of Vesperia. We didn't even get a new demo today.

mik

mik is unbeatable
the disgruntled gamer said:
Have you guys seen this? What your themes may look like on the new dashboard.

On the Gears of War one, is that a bad Photoshop job, or can you really see the reflections of objects you can't see? Nitpicky? Sure--but just wondering.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
TheKingOfSheep said:
So the coming fall will see some awesome games coming to 360.
And in August we still have the gamers convention in Leipzig. Who knows maybe MS will show all these titles that have been absent here. I mean Remedy is a Euro developer. It would be great if we get some news then.

But I don't really mind anymore because seeing the overload of titles shipping in the next months I think MS needs to save some stuff for next year.

Here's what I am buying for my 360 - please tell if I missed a must buy.

July
- SoulCalibur IV

August
- Don't know yet, is Spore coming for pc?

September
- Silent Hill Homecoming
- SW Force Unleashed

October
- Fable 2
- Banjo Kazooie - or is this another month?
- Fallout 3 - again this month or the next?

November
- Left for Dead
- Gears of War 2

This will keep me going for a long time. And then consider that in these months GTA 4 downloadable episodes should arrive. I mean come on. Isn't this OVERKILL?

But I like it.
I can only speak for myself, but I'm excited about Mercenaries 2 in August.

Joe

i think MS delayed bungie's unveiling because that was set up to be their ace in the sleeve when/if nintendo or sony announced something big. but since without new bungie shit they win e3 they might as well save it for a rainy day.

PhatSaqs said:

So it comes with a Play & Charge Kit and a rechargeable battery pack to boot, that's not bad. Some of the bullet points surprised me, are these new, or the way Microsoft always lists 360 controllers on their website?

* Limited Edition red finish, with newly designed black accents
* Bundled with a Play & Charge Cable and matching red rechargeable battery pack
* 2.4GHz wireless technology with 30-foot range
* Use up to four controllers simultaneously on one console
* Integrated headset port for Xbox Live play
* Adjustable vibration feedback for longer battery life
* New left and right shoulder buttons are designed for ease of use
* Use the Xbox 360 Guide button to keep track of your friends, access your games and media, or power on and off your Xbox 360 console

Adjustable rumble? Is that something currently accessible in the guide? Do they mean just on/off or varying degrees?

And new shoulder buttons too. Hm. I wonder how the D-Pad will be on it.

Edit: Nevermind. All the other controllers seem to list those same features. It must just be copy/paste.

Cdammen

Visit http://points.microsoft.com, select "Redeem a Microsoft Points prepaid or promotion code" link and enter one of the codes below to claim 100 MS Points:

H7CCX-VG79W-JBQ8D-6YC6C-3JP48
CXHYK-9K4JT-84MGY-CC733-8VHPJ

NOTE: These points expire on February 17th, 2009 and are only valid ONCE per (american) user. So two persons can get 100 MS Points each.

Didn't know where to post this... enjoy :)

(EDIT) And :lol @ Mama Robotnik. Fucking gold man!

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Ummm...I sold my 360 before the e3 announcements. Now I really regret it even though I sold it for a good reason. :(

Things that caught my eye in the conference were

- GOW2 it looked awesome
- FFXIII the megaton of the show
- Netflix is a nice addition
- LIPS and Primetime peaked my interest
- RE5, other RPG's from Square, Fable 2

It starting to look like they have an all around package of hardcore and casual games. In time though I will be picking up another 360.

DC R1D3R

Banned
SSGMUN10000 said:
It starting to look like they have an all around package of hardcore and casual games. In time though I will be picking up another 360.

Well, if you like playing Triple A games, it's pretty much a no-brainer.

Ponn

Banned
Free 100 point MS POINT codes. Can only be entered online at Microsofts online Points site, www.points.microsoft.com. You can only use one so don't even try to use multiple.

XKGK4-F69M4-WFWPY-8V4X8-34BCJ
XH8MD-B7CC6-VT8MF-T3FM2-8CHPJ
TMQ46-68Q9J-W6R7C-FJVCQ-MRBCJ
P826K-4Q6XF-R49FP-PXQB7-FGRWW
RXQY6-7YDRX-FTW39-8VDPC-YPM8W
VGWFR-8XCGJ-YF3V8-9WXBM-XFWJW
VTR2P-362FW-8KXVV-XPTMV-KY8JW
JCJDH-QKX2K-32XVX-WKF7M-G8JJW
F92H6-2T7QY-P7TT7-B6XFM-W8JJW
P9C7T-YCVCW-TF22C-7GDJK-XGB8W
BVRXB-VFVX6-7BHW8-VRQXG-K36R8

sangreal

Kulock said:
Adjustable rumble? Is that something currently accessible in the guide? Do they mean just on/off or varying degrees?

Yes, its always been there. There are a few levels you can set it to

Top Bottom