• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Abridged

ViciousDS

Banned
"all praise the ceiling car!"

Nothing beats the xbox one controller reveal two years ago though

"Controller doesn't look that exciting, UNLESS IT EXPLODESSSSSSSSSS!"

great stuff.....can't wait for the rest to upload

GKFinns

I love these. Matt Lees is hilarious and every year I eagerly anticipate these popping up. They are both fun AND serve as an excellent recap of the show in general.

FZZ

Banned
D1 is a Youtuber?

Fail to rap when he was clearly nervous coming up with a freestyle on stage?

The Nintendo one sucked...wasn't even funny.

Terrell

The Xbox car bit was pretty on point.
But I must admit, I miss the Bonnie Ross voice from the previous 2 years, it always made me howl. :(

Really enjoyed this, thanks very much indeed Mr. Lees. When I was watching the Xbox conference and Ceilingcar happened, OH MY GOD IT'S A CAR from the last Abridged immediately came to mind :) Guess they didn't watch your video.

Anyway, they're still the best E3 'recaps' out there and it feels like E3 is incomplete without them. Looking forward to the other ones.

"Andrew Wilson just before sex" ahaha

Man, problem with something like that would be that on a weekly basis, what really happens? Mostly these days Games Industry News is just awful tea-cup storms that leave me feeling bleak! ;)

True, maybe just as more of a "when shit goes down" thing then. Which I suppose is mostly these type of press conference guff anyway :p

Hesemonni

Banned
The old ones were better. These kinda drag on and he's trying too much :/ Like the guy and I'd like to see him do SE.

Sciz

And people said E3 was too tame to make fun of this year.

I totally get that. The shift in tone won't be for everyone, but I felt strongly that it was something I needed to do. The way I poke fun - in my mind, at least - is always in good faith, but I did find that the audience I started to attract wasn't one that I necessarily wanted - people who loved my videos because they seemed cynical, which isn't a trait I value or respect. I've also had a pretty horrendous year IRL, and that's definitely changed my outlook on everything - I'm no longer willing to add to the internet with anything that's simply more negative noise. Basically life tried to fuck me with the big stick, and now I'm an intolerable hippie-shaped prick.

Anyway! Pointless rambling done, but hopefully adds a bit of interesting context as to why things have changed this year.

Aw man, hope things take a turn for the better for you.

There's definitely something to be said for highlighting those rare bits of genuine sentiment and earnestness amongst all the canned speeches and PR, even if it lowers the laughs per minute a tad.

And people said E3 was too tame to make fun of this year.

Aw man, hope things take a turn for the better for you.

There's definitely something to be said for highlighting those rare bits of genuine sentiment and earnestness amongst all the canned speeches and PR, even if it lowers the laughs per minute a tad.

I figure one or two big laughs every three minutes is a pretty good ratio to settle for, but the internet is a BIG FICKLE DOG.

Carl

I totally get that. The shift in tone won't be for everyone, but I felt strongly that it was something I needed to do. The way I poke fun - in my mind, at least - is always in good faith, but I did find that the audience I started to attract wasn't one that I necessarily wanted - people who loved my videos because they seemed cynical, which isn't a trait I value or respect. I've also had a pretty horrendous year IRL, and that's definitely changed my outlook on everything - I'm no longer willing to add to the internet with anything that's simply more negative noise. Basically life tried to fuck me with the big stick, and now I'm an intolerable hippie-shaped prick.

Anyway! Pointless rambling done, but hopefully adds a bit of interesting context as to why things have changed this year.

Hey Matt, thanks for the reply/explanation. Totally understand, i see why the shift in tone was something you wanted to do. Still funny, still a great watch, will still watch the remaining videos. Keep up the great work (and enjoy the stag do)

kiguel182

I really like the new format. It has the best parts of the old one without feeling repetitive.

Bummer we'll have to wait another week for the rest but I'm sure they'll be worth it. Best part of E3.

p3n

1d0ddd44e8.jpg

This part in the EA video was just too good. I just can't...

was nintendo e3 thing like in the video? like for real or is the video that makes it look like that?

nintendo, amd and pc e3 were the only thing i didnt watch in those days

I've gotta say, Matt, I really like this new format.

"E3 Abridged: one-half commentary, one-half jokes, all-halves fun." Presenting them in such a concise format helps too, as sometimes people's views on these things can drag on unreasonably long without adding much to the conversation. I hope we see this format more in the future.

And the best is yet to come! For Honor's enthusiastic presenter; making memes with Aisha Tyler; your shockingly accurate prediction of Nintendo's show, whatever Square-Enix's conference was...it's been a good year for some light-hearted fun. :)

cerulily

Please tell me you have an edited supercut of all the tom Clancy shoot-bang games homogenizing into one hodge-podge of overly masculine American justice. that's genuinely the only thing I can remember about ubisoft off-hand.

He is basically Charlie Brooker light. This is basically an episode of E3 Wipe.

Not bad in the end :)

Was literally the same thing running through my head.

The exact style of commentary he does, with the additions of the cuts to him was literally Brooker-Wipe.

All he needs now is Philomena Cunk.

Of course none of this is a bad thing. I love how Brooker does it and Matt's pretty damn good himself.

He has written scripts for Charlie Brooker's shows.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
D1 is a Youtuber?

Fail to rap when he was clearly nervous coming up with a freestyle on stage?

The Nintendo one sucked...wasn't even funny.

Yes, I too enjoy light-hearted mockery up to the point when it's directed at someone that I like. Then it becomes unfair and unfunny.

Top Bottom