• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA DICE Environment Artist Recreates Bloodborne’s Environment In Unreal Engine 4

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Everything
No it really doesn't. "Shaders are overused and a lack of upperclass art direction" What? Some aspects straight up look better.

Am I the only one who thought the chromatic aberration was a good idea and added a certain depth to the environments? I don't think the game would have looked as good without it.

Back OT, that's some impressive work. the guy is obviously very talented.

Wish they'd announce the sequel. Perfect scenario would be for them to announce it, then say it will be out in a couple months.
It looks better without it. Chromatic aberration does the exact opposite of add depth, especially the way it was used in BB. It even had a side effect where the aliasing was worse than it should've been.

The screenshots caught my eye but the video was simply delightful. I watched it in fullscreen mode and it was almost like being there <3 it made me salivate for VR support of some sort. I'd give something to be able to tour the entire game world of Bloodborne in VR. It'd be incredible.

Like others have said, the only thing I missed atmosphere-wise is some sort of fog. I'm sure that'd make the scene moody and ethereal enough without the need for chromatic aberration (which honestly is not that terrible, I don't understand why it gets so much hatred 'round these parts).

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I can agree to missing fog, particle effects, etc. But in my opinion, CA adds absolutely nothing to the game whatsoever and removing it only seems to help judging by those marketing shots.

i guess. i personally don't think it changes much. it's not like tone mapping which has an obvious and immediate impact on the visual tone.

Dahbomb

BB kinda went ham with the CA but the new image kinda over does it with the sharpness especially in the ethereal Hunters Dream. Would like to see more works from other environments in the game.

Top Bottom