• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA holding live conf on PS4 today at Morgan Stanley tech conf [Up: Summary in OP]

baphomet

He didn't say anything about going to 69.99 people. He was talking about current gen games costing 69.99 when released and going down to 59.99. Then they said they hadn't set prices for next gen yet.

I hope they do try to sell games at $69 and it backfires horribly.

He didn't say anything about going to 69.99 people. He was talking about current gen games costing 69.99 when released and going down to 59.99. Then they said they hadn't set prices for next gen yet.

When were current gen games $69? Was that something they tried early on and it didn't fly? I don't recall ever seeing anything that high.

Biggzy

With certain posters/journos talking about MS cutting next gen exclusive deals they had people thinking that EA would be exclusive to MS and that Madden/FIFA would be MS exclusive for next gen because they weren't there for the unveiling. Nice to know that just like the special sauce stuff it turned out to be a load of bollocks.

It was always a load of bollocks. EA love to get their titles on as many platforms as possible.

JCizzle

I don't follow - what current gen games have cost $69.99 since what, N64 days?

PrimeRib_

What current gen game costs $69.99?
He was referring to launch, as this was said right after the increase to dev costs.

He did say (I think) that you typically see it raise by about $10 at the start of a cycle and then go down - he then gave this generation as an example. He then said he expected it to happen this gen too.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
He said at the start of this gen, games titles were $69, later falling to $59 and that he expected the same to happen for Gen 4's launch.

(Gen 4 being EA code for PS4 / XB720)

ari

Banned
Lol at price tags. Fuck.

Good to hear a confirmation about both consoles being on par with each other.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
He gave an example where he said that games this generation started at 69 and went back to 59.

What fucking game was $70 in the US at launch at any point during this gen?

I should mention that Rajat joined EA in 2011 so he probably didn't actually follow the games industry in 2005/2006.

Can't imagine different price points across the two platforms.

Would be quite the shitstorm.

My big bucket of popcorn was justified.

dvolovets

He said at the start of this gen, games titles were $69, later falling to $59 and that he expected the same to happen for Gen 4's launch.

(Gen 4 being EA code for PS4 / XB720)

Yeah, except that never actually happened. Great. :( I hope he misspoke...

Bulzeeb

$60 it is a bit pricey but affordable for some good games, $70 on the other hand... I guess I am definitely going PC/Wii U next gen

Rapstah

For example, he says, the gameplay data you upload to EA servers (Remember that checkbox?) will customise what they offer you commercially. FIFA ads for FIFA players, etc.

It was always a load of bollocks. EA love to get their titles on as many platforms as possible.

Tell that to Nintendo... ;)

I knew of course, but the same names keep popping up with seemingly bad PS4 news and good Durango news and then it gets shot down officially, but they continue to FUD threads.

Talamius

Steam, iOS, and Android work because the average cost of a new game isn't $60. People are not going to buy $69 games en masse.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
For example, he says, the gameplay data you upload to EA servers (Remember that checkbox?) will customise what they offer you commercially. FIFA ads for FIFA players, etc.

The backend for all of this is actually what he was specifically hired to lead, so I suspect you'll hear a lot about this here.

Top Bottom