• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA is looking at putting in-game ads in AAA games — 'We'll be very thoughtful as we move into that,' says CEO

Rat Rage

Man, the CEOs of gaming companies are displaying their cognitive disabilities at full force this week

Most top managers either display psychopathic or sociopathic tendencies or are outright phychopaths or sociopaths.

This is precicely why a lot of them are only there for the short-term money and why it often looks like they are completely out of touch with their surroundings. And by out of touch with their suroundings I mean a very high disregard for "what is actually good for others" or "what is actually good long-term".

They only think about themselves and only have ONE goal - that is "making money for the company" - which actually is just an acronym for making money for themselves. They say and do ANYHING that is needed to achieve that goal.

Capitalism is their hotbed. It's a playground they thrive in. I'd argue, normal, morally sound and intrinsically "good" humans can't or don't want to partake in such despicable endeavours.

Most of these fucks don't actually know shit. They are great at pretending to know a lot and be of great value for their shareholders, but actually they aren't. Both Sony and escpecially Xbox / Mircrosoft have had terrible CEOs in the last 15 years or so and they are paying the price now.

Same with EA. Let them try to put in game ads into their games and see how that pans out.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF by PeacockTV

They've said this before

Verchod

I don't believe they mean advertising in the game world, I think this means actual adverts during or in-between sections of the game. This is awful, and many publishers would follow suit. As soon as one does it and gets away with it, they'll all do it.

I played the DC and had the Monster energy drinks still. I guess it was a timed promotion? Mine got replaced with the timefall farm brew anyway.
Probably, I've replayed some parts of the DC last year after snagging a cheap copy on clearance sale, and the Monster energy drinks were gone and replaced with the Bridges one.

Here's a timestamped video with a playthrough done 9 months ago (go to 1:41:57 if for some reason it doesn't work) where you can see them:

King Dazzar

I can see it now. We thought we'd make our games the ultimate cinematic experience. And just like for people who enjoy cinemas, we provide adverts before the main production begins. And we think its healthy to have intermissions too...

Last edited:
No issues with this at all. I seem to remember the Yakuza team doing the same for their Yakuza games in Japan on the PS3 or 4 and no outcry

Top Bottom