• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA UK giving free Burnout UB and tons of cheap games

Dambrosi

Banned
Ultimatum said:
nothing illegal about it... and it's not an error on EA's part. They've done this before with Medal of Honor: Airborne.
Aye, that's true. I knew there was a reason I refused to buy this on Steam :lol

Currently DL'ing Burnout and last year's giveaway without any problems. Odd, since I thought you couldn't download games over a year old on the EADM. I suppose they changed that? If so, cool. If not, hellidunno *shrugs*

RS4-

Anony said:
the demo is 2.9gb
the one from the ea manager is 5.9gb

guess the demo is missing stuff

Yeah was about to say, I'm curious about the size differences as well. Unless the demo is compressed that well.

Deadly

Can we actually buy stuff with the proxy though (is it still legal?)? Bad Company Vietnam is like 5 euros right now and I really want to pick it up at that price

Noshino

smurfx said:
hey if i uninstall the game later on can i install it again as long as i keep my account with ea download manager? is it like steam?

If your order contains downloadable software, you have 30 days to download your purchase. After you download we suggest you save a copy of the downloaded file on an external drive, CD, DVD, or some other storage medium in the event you have computer problems or the downloaded file becomes damaged or corrupt.

Yeah, I got this last night. Just a heads up, once you put in the activation code, it might say the code is already in use. This is fine, just look in the EADM game browser and BO should be there to install.

So, the thread title referenced other cheap games. What are they?

Dambrosi

Banned
Anony said:
the demo is 2.9gb
the one from the ea manager is 5.9gb

guess the demo is missing stuff
No, no, no. For some reason, the EADM's installation method requires double the disk space (apparently, the program downloads the installation files first, then installs the actual game to a separate location, then deletes the installation files afterwards, which seems like an ass-backwards way of doing things, but eh :lol You can even keep the installation files in a separate location to save re-downloading them if you wish, through the Options menu).

Wish this was on mac :( I dont have a PC powerful enough to run 3D games. And by 3D I mean 3D, not this fad-type 3D with the stereo-vision.

ezekial45

Banned
Sorry for being an idiot, but i just finished DL'ing the rar file for the demo. How the hell do i get this thing installed?

Erebus

The demo installation wizard gives you the option to install the full game if you enter a valid key.

No need for EADM confirmed. :D

biocat

DarkUSS said:
The demo installation wizard gives you the option to install the full game if you enter a valid key.

No need for EADM confirmed. :D

So the key is the one in the confirmation email?

This is great. Thanks a lot for the proxy links!

Diebuster

Is it possible to log-in with an existing US account? I'm not sure if I need a new UK account for this or if I just forgot my password.

biocat

Diebuster said:
Is it possible to log-in with an existing US account? I'm not sure if I need a new UK account for this or if I just forgot my password.
I did! Seems to work fine.

I just checked the EADM and my US games are sitting next to the UK version of Burnout. Works fine!

Salsa

oh thought the proxy wasnt going to work and it did!

thanks! :D missed this on Steam

although i gotta say i would pay 5 bucks to have all on the same place, but whatever :p

I've tried multiple times, but I'm always getting:

"Payment Authorisation Failed "

Dammit.

One of those demo unlocking keys would be appreciated if anyone has a spare.

shagg_187 said:
LOL! Benchod, kis nai kaha tha Pakistan Jaanay ko? :p

Yaar itna bhi bura nahi hai hamara mulk.

:(

Elixist

game is great fun so far kinda wish i just did the ea downloader thing tho as I cant get online, oh well ill figure it out later. thx again op and ea:D

Nabs

Elixist said:
game is great fun so far kinda wish i just did the ea downloader thing tho as I cant get online, oh well ill figure it out later. thx again op and ea:D
you probably need to download the update as well.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Threi said:
this game keeps crashing on startup :/
Happened to me, too. I'm running Win7 64bit. I set the compatibility on BurnoutLoader.exe to "Vista (Service Pack 2)" and it works great now. Give that a try if you're running Win7.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Got it thanks. Dont know if I will play it but its a great game. Easily put in over 100 hours on the ps3 version.

kanugo

Here's a noob question: if I go to a website using docoja, my IP is read in the website like an IP from UK, US or JP?

Threi

notag
VideoMan said:
Happened to me, too. I'm running Win7 64bit. I set the compatibility on BurnoutLoader.exe to "Vista (Service Pack 2)" and it works great now. Give that a try if you're running Win7.
that fixed it :)

classicdms

Neo Member
I needed to put in a billing address so I just found the address of the US Embassy in London. It worked.

Makes it easy to remember if ever necessary.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
So wait I just put in the unlock code somewhere after I download the demo?

Found it in the settings (oh no it says its USED already wtf!) :lol

-NM

Like someone said, once you "redeem" the code you click on the DL section and just download! LOL

TY EA, OP etc etc :lol

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
How the fuck do I patch this thing with EADM? :lol

-edit silly me, went to the games folder and found that burnout launcher shit that updates the game..

Top Bottom