• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA: "We'll get to talk about [BioWare's new IP] in the not too distant future"

Woo-Fu

Banned
I wonder if it's going to be a MOBA.

Unlikely, their idea of gameplay gets dumbed down even further with each title they release. Don't think they could handle a MOBA, or even competitive multiplayer of any type.

Oh wait, did I say dumbed down? Sorry, I meant "streamlined" and "made more accessible."

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Since they are waiting for Titanfall 2 & Battlefield 1 to release before showing anything substantial about Mass Effect Andromeda, I'm guessing we won't see this new IP until the 2nd half of 2017.

yuraya

I would guess its a Star Wars card game to compete with Hearthstone, Gwent and that Elder Scrolls thing. Or maybe a Dragon Age card game. Whatever it is it will probably be f2p. EA been talking a lot about competitive/casual esports or wtvr. Something like that would be exactly what they need for Origin and consoles.

Patryn

New IP ?

EA plz, give us some solid information on the already announced for over a year Mass Effect game first. We don't even have a release date or a single actual gameplay video (bar the few seconds from the various vidoc style vids).

The rumor is that EA didn't want to get in the way of Titanfall 2 or Battlefield 1, and they are thinking of doing a Fallout 4 style reveal, where the game will be out mere months after the blowout.

Smart money has N7 day circled on the calendar that we get the full info dump on Andromeda, with a release in March 2017.

I would guess its a Star Wars card game to compete with Hearthstone, Gwent and that Elder Scrolls thing. Or maybe a Dragon Age card game. Whatever it is it will probably be f2p. EA been talking a lot about competitive/casual esports or wtvr. Something like that would be exactly what they need for Origin and consoles.

Bioware had a F2P game in development named Shadow Realms. It was cancelled.

All indications are that this is a new game on par with Mass Effect or Dragon Age. At the very least it's a totally new IP not connected to any existing franchise (so no Star Wars, Mass Effect or Dragon Age).

They've also been working on it for years. Casey Hudson, former lead of Mass Effect, had a major hand in creating it before he left the company.

That concept video we got didn't scream card game to me.

Phamit

David Gaider and Casey Hudson worked on this game before, its also developed at BioWare Edmonton so a card game seems unlikely

royox

Release ME:Andromeda and start working in DA:4 before talking about new IP's!!!!!! I just beat the last DLC of Inquisition and I NEED more!!!!!

It'll be either a MOBA or be a "hero" shooter (AKA online multiplayer shooter to the general public) with the option to bang one of the other players through seducing them via dialogue options. Revolutionary!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
BioWare hinted in the E3 Star Wars video that they were making another Star Wars project, so I'm guessing that is Star Wars Destiny as opposed to the Mass Effect team's game.

Well they've got to be working on something. Most of them certainly aren't working on SWTOR.

I wonder if it's going to be a MOBA.
No.
LOL no.

Mediking

Ironically enough... I kinda want Bioware to become like the Zelda team and just focus on Mass Effect. Just focus on one series.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
We're still waiting to hear more about Mass Effect 4 as well EA, let alone an IP we don't know of that's ways off.

Tovarisc

Maybe don't start to tease and talk about upcoming BioWare IP when even next Mass Effect is still totally under wraps.

Maybe don't start to tease and talk about upcoming BioWare IP when even next Mass Effect is still totally under wraps.
He's not really 'teasing' it. The interview was mostly revolving around the discussion of new IP and what EA's future holds. He was asked and simply said they do have new IP coming down the pipe and mentioned Bioware as an example.

Ushay

I'm hoping they have a spiritual successor to KOTOR in the works alongside the action/adventure Star Wars project they have.

As for new IP, no idea which direction they could go. Maybe revisit something heavily mythology based like Jade Empire was. As long as its a good, solid RPG I'm happy. Bioware are very good when they do things right.

Nevyr

Banned
So difficult to be excited for anything they do, hard to forgive the SWToR which was such a disappointment, the engine is so awful.

Story and such was overall fine and would still be playing, but with technical difficulties like that, I have little faith and find it very difficult to support.

Salarians

David Gaider and Casey Hudson worked on this game before, its also developed at BioWare Edmonton so a card game seems unlikely
Yeah, having two of their lead setting/story people work on it implies it's another Mass Effect/Dragon Age tier of game.

TheChaos

So what happens when everyone is inevitably wrong this and it comes out on time. Is it gonna be in bad taste to point you guys out or?

C'mon dude, in your heart of hearts do you really this this game is coming out in March? Especially with Bioware's history of delaying games?

diaspora

Oh my sweet summer child. Andromeda isn't coming in March. We might get the remasters by March.
You know the game is done right? Playable from start to finish IIRC. Just polish now and the marketing to hit during N7 to avoid conflicting with Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1. Unless you think EA lied to investors.

Ploid 3.0

Please don't hold Dragon Age 4 back. I'm already coping with letting Mass Effect be the next game. How big is Bioware anyway?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Please don't hold Dragon Age 4 back. I'm already coping with letting Mass Effect be the next game. How big is Bioware anyway?
Gigantic, but I can't image a universe where they're releasing more than one game this large per fiscal year, so I imagine the fastest scenario for their future line-up would be:
2017: Mass Effect
2018: New IP
2019: Dragon Age 4
2020: Star Wars Online Thingy

diaspora

Gigantic, but I can't image a universe where they're releasing more than one game this large per fiscal year, so I imagine the fastest scenario for their future line-up would be:
2017: Mass Effect
2018: New IP
2019: Dragon Age 4
2020: Star Wars Online Thingy

That's best case scenario TBH. I'd anticipate intervals of no less than 18 months myself. EA seems more than willing to let Bioware take their time.

Some Nobody

C'mon dude, in your heart of hearts do you really this this game is coming out in March? Especially with Bioware's history of delaying games?

March IS the delay. Was originally holiday 2016.

No.
LOL no.

Lol. You gonna leave us hanging or you trying to avoid Bioware's ninjas? Even the smallest stuff would be appreciated at this point. This can't be another space game, can it?

Lol. You gonna leave us hanging or you trying to avoid Bioware's ninjas? Even the smallest stuff would be appreciated at this point. This can't be another space game, can it?
giphy.gif

Keasar

Another RPG series that comes out in a trilogy and ends with a disappointment on the third? It has been a pattern so far. :p

Top Bottom