• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge Issue 328: The Edge Awards 2018 + review scores

Bullet Club

ZxRGq0r.jpg

Edge Issue 328 Review Scores

Just Cause 4 - 6
Ashen - 6
Darksiders III - 4
Gris - 7
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden - 8
Desert Child - 4
Beat Saber - 8
The Haunted Island, A Frog Detective Game - 7

The Edge Awards 2018

PlayStation GOTY:
  1. Tetris Effect
  2. Astro Bot
  3. God of War
Xbox GOTY:
  1. Forza Horizon 4
  2. Sea of Thieves
  3. Game Pass
Nintendo GOTY:
  1. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  2. Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion
  3. Octopath Traveller
PC GOTY:
  1. Return of the Obra Dinn
  2. Pillars of Eternity II
  3. Subnautica
VR GOTY:
  1. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
  2. Tetris Effect
  3. Persistence
Best Visual Design:
  1. Red Dead Redemption 2
  2. Return of the Obra Dinn
  3. Chuchel
Best Audio Design:
  1. Tetris Effect
  2. Return of the Obra Dinn
  3. Red Dead Redemption 2
Best Storytelling:
  1. Return of the Obra Dinn
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. The Banner Saga 3
Best Hardware:
  1. PSVR
  2. Xbox Adaptive Controller
  3. Nintendo Labo
Best Living Game:
  1. Fortnite
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Overwatch
Best Publisher:
  1. Sony Interactive Entertainment
  2. Nintendo
  3. Enhance Games
Best Studio:
  1. Epic Games
  2. Rockstar Games
  3. Sony Japan Studio
Overall GOTY:
  1. Red Dead Redemption 2
  2. Tetris Effect
  3. Return of the Obra Dinn
  4. Into The Breach
  5. Astro Bot
  6. Hollow Knight
  7. Monster Hunter World
  8. Smash Bros Ultimate
  9. Pillars of Eternity II: Deadline
  10. The Banner Saga 3
https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/308647-edge-328-kingdom-hearts-iii/&tab=comments

Last edited:
What is Best Living Game?

Shouldn't it be Best Battle Royale?

I didn't know we were adding expansions for GOTY, I feel that will cause problems down the line with games that add on content constantly.

Glad that Japan Studio is recognised though. :)

Outrunner

Xbox GOTY:
  1. Forza Horizon 4
  2. Sea of Thieves
  3. Game Pass

It's sad that they couldn't even list 3 games so they had to list a service instead. Also if Sea of Thieves is the second place... I mean... How bad can this year have been for Xbox?

Last edited:

bilderberg

Am i supposed to make GoW fun for myself? I'm at a loss for what people see in that game. Playing on the 2nd to hardest difficulty, I can get by just throwing the ax over and over again. The combat is trash.

It's sad that they couldn't even list 3 games so they had to list a service instead. Also if Sea of Thieves is the second place... I mean... How bad can this year have been for Xbox?

So you choose to be negative towards Xbox and not edge who could have certainly chosen another game. Typical.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Not having God Of War even in your top 10... that’s fucking brutal. As good as Hollow Knight is, didn’t it originally come out years ago? At the very least God Of War should replace it on that list

Buki1

PlayStation GOTY:
  1. Tetris Effect
  2. Astro Bot
VR GOTY:
  1. Astro Bot
  2. Tetris Effect
Overall GOTY:
2. Tetris Effect
5. Astro Bot

Very consistent. Maybe they should recount the points.

Fake

Ouch at the Darksiders score. No GoW in top 10? Errrrr.... Can I get a warn if I post 'ow the edge' in EDGE threads? I always get warn on the other forum.
At least some PSVR love.

danielberg

Neophyte
"look we are unique and special!"
Yeah no not really edge you are just as mainstream going after the obvious like everyone else.
I am pissed that DQ11 gets robbed because it got released so late and none these "professionals" bothered to sink any time into it.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I got Tetris Effect for $20 and I still have rarely felt this ripped off with a game purchase. It sucks. It's just fucking Tetris lol. And on top of that, the final stage in each group has this impossible speed bump half way through for no reason where you literally have to spam the slow time move to even get through it half the time.

And they think this is better than God of War? That's not original thinking. That's just stupid.

Fbh

Ouch, looks like they didn't really like GOW. Has anyone read the review? What didn't they like?
Also lol at game pass. It's a cool service and all but why is it in a list of games?. If Netflix has some cool shows and movies next year are they giving it GOTY?

While I really liked God of War and I haven't played Tetris Effect yet, this makes me smile out of appreciation of how utterly fantastic the Tetris Effect reveal trailer was. It was flat out beautiful and I'm Yours Forever is already in the upper echelon of gaming songs and I don't even like that kind of music.

Outrunner

So you choose to be negative towards Xbox and not edge who could have certainly chosen another game. Typical.

Why should I be negative about Edge, there is really not much to choose from on Xbox. But you can go ahead and name 3 exclusives released this year that would be candidates for GOTY.

Top Bottom