• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge Magazine Review Scores | Issue #397

IMG_0912.thumb.jpeg.e8e0fdda9635889befca58d85614df16.jpeg

Reviews:
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 - 9
  • Rise of the Ronin - 6
  • Children of the Sun - 7
  • Harold Halibut - 5
  • Open Roads - 5
  • Bulwark: Falconeer Chronicles - 6
  • Pepper Grinder - 6
  • Shiren The Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island - 9
  • Alone in the Dark- 4
  • Mars After Midnight - 8
  • Princess Peach: Showtime! - 7
Source

Deft Beck

Considering the popularity in rogue-lite and -like titles of late, the situation is doubly sad.
It doesn't help that the series never saw a Western release until 2008. Even the Unemployed Ninja series beat the original DS release to the punch in the West by one year.

It took until the Vita Shire entry and the recent port to PC for the series to get any attention.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I like Dragons Dogma 2 but it's not a 9 or even a 8
I love Dragon's Dogma 2 and I agree, it's more like a 7 by the state it's in. ...9 is ridiculous. It could easily be a 10 with more devs and more time in the oven.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

Dragon's Dogma 2 - 9
Rise of the Ronin - 6
Alone in the Dark- 4

giphy.gif

Well It's a 9.5 for me and apparently a 9 for Edge
...opinions,how do they work...

Can't speak for the other ones as I haven't played them but so far,after 145+ hours DD2 is my GOTY,there hasn't been a world as immersive and rewarding in exploration and combat since Elden Ring.

(BG3 would probably be up there with world immersiveness and rewarding the player's inquisitiveness as well but haven't played it yet.)

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Tell me more…someone says best RPG of a year, it definitely raises my interest

Edit - Oh, only on Switch? That’s a bummer.

I'm guessing it will find its' way to Steam just like just like Tower of Fortune and Dice of Fate did.

...and shame on you for not having the best gaming platform for the past 7 years.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Well It's a 9.5 for me and apparently a 9 for Edge
...opinions,how do they work...
I know
Opinions, they're like assholes
Everyone has one and they all stink.
But still the game has a wonderful crafted world and fantastic character creation.
But the the mission structure and bad animation during conversations, the lack of traverse options and enemy variations make for a game that could do with some very obvious improvements which no one no matter how much they love the game can deny.
A 9 is definitely not what it deserves but what it could achieve if it was better.
I ain't hating on the game, it's just lacking in areas you wouldn't expect and that's an opinion many have because it true.
If it's a 9.5 for you then great, you wasn't expecting much from a GAME, let alone Dragons Dogma 2.
And that's okay 👍

gotta agree. I was really hesitant to get the game, thinking it was just more of the same, &, while it turns out I was right, I've still ended up having a great time with it. but, yeah: much more a solid mid-range game, imo...

cash_longfellow

Gold Member

I'm guessing it will find its' way to Steam just like just like Tower of Fortune and Dice of Fate did.

...and shame on you for not having the best gaming platform for the past 7 years.

I’ll grab it on Steam for sure. I had a Switch, but I let my ex-fiancé take it when we split. I have no interest in getting one again (at least until Switch 2), because it reminds me of her.

As a response to your tiny, passive aggressive addition to your post. Thanks though for letting me know.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I would not score dd2 more than a 7 at the moment and from the footage i saw, ronin is definitely not a 6.

Justin9mm

I haven't played Rise of the Ronin but I have a hard time believing it's only a 6.
Well I'm like 15 hours in and it's like a 7-8 for me but Edge is known for being a bit harsher on their scoring so 6 is no surprise to me considering my personal experience with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom