• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Aomber

It's out

Seven Lions - Freesol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbNC8x4tVVo

so good

So, creatively speaking this is one of the stronger songs Seven Lions has had recently for sure. I think it definitely strikes a bit more home for him than something kinda cheesy like "Higher Love", and in that regard, I hope he keeps doing something a little more signatureish like this in the future.

That being said, and it kills me to say this... The engineering is brutal to listen to. The break is mostly low to mid end, then at 1:15 he just suddenly drops these absurdly sharp supersaws and snares that just hit the wrong frequencies for my ears. It's really unfortunate that the mixing decisions get in the way of an otherwise enjoyable song, what sucks is these aren't unfamiliar sounds to Seven Lions and he usually controls them appropriately - this was definitely not the case here. I usually can look past somewhat poor mixing but there are cases when it makes a song difficult to listen to altogether.

Aomber

Porter Robinson & Madeon will play the Coachella Mainstage in the evening, and seeing as the mainstage is always streamed... ;)

17759920_1487740714617847_5485823528402019603_n.jpg

mr stroke

Porter Robinson & Madeon will play the Coachella Mainstage in the evening, and seeing as the mainstage is always streamed... ;)

17759920_1487740714617847_5485823528402019603_n.jpg

Really surprised by this one, assumed they would play in the Sahara tent. Good for those guys. But sorry Porter, ill be at Hans Zimmer & Marcel Dettman :p

Aomber

Really surprised by this one, assumed they would play in the Sahara tent. Good for those guys. But sorry Porter, ill be at Hans Zimmer & Marcel Dettman :p

Oh Hans Zimmer is playing at that time? Yeah I can't blame you for going to that instead that'll be epic, I think I remember you saying you've seen them play before too.

I hope that stage is streamed looks like Justice will be on after Hans as well.

Ashhong

When he posted Freesol, he said "there is a lot more coming soon"

Sounds like this is the first song from his next EP.

So what you're saying is you have never heard this song. Damn. Really hope it is indeed one of his songs and not some random song I'll never hear again

1hr for Porteon, should be pretty nice. Guess I'll stream it

cdyhybrid

Well, guess I'm not going to ABGT250. Presale opens in 50 minutes and half my group pulled out last night. The one remaining guy is going to look for another group to join instead.

At least there will be a stream =\

Aomber

Well, guess I'm not going to ABGT250. Presale opens in 50 minutes and half my group pulled out last night. The one remaining guy is going to look for another group to join instead.

At least there will be a stream =
Sorry to hear mate. Been there before, getting canceled on is the worst. At least you hadn't booked anything yet - I had to lose out on cost of a flight and ticket to a festival one year

Ashhong

At least there will be a stream =

Damn that sucks...My group all got our tickets, terrace camping and plane tickets today :x

Damn Angello. Not too shabby of a set for Coachella. Waiting for Dillon to close tonight. Still can't believe Marshmello is closing the first weekend in terms of EDM.

Not the best or cleanest Steve Angello set I've ever heard but the man still delivered.

Some classic Size tracks mixed with Wild Youth and new album ID's. That's how you do It.

mr stroke

Riche Hawtins live CLOSER show was incredible, layering multiple sounds and creating build ups was mind melting. WOW. I don't think anything is going to top it this weekend.

Aomber

I missed the first night of Coachella cause I was too drunk and I'm at infected mushroom right now, opener is doing pretty good

Anyway mysteryland 2017 USA was cancelled, go check their FB for confirmation. Really unfortunate, they made poor business decisions and it's also a sign of the state of SFX as mentioned before

It's honestly kind of refreshing to hear mostly Big Room/Electro House from Garrix lately. Seems like his hype for Future Bass, at least for sets, are dying down :p

Aomber

Gaga released a new single following her Coachella performance

Lady Gaga - The Cure (Audio)

I'm gonna be the one to say it - this is clearly a follow up to the "sub ideal" commercial success of Joanne. This song is not good, it's a DJ Snake, Chainsmokers hybrid cash grab, and I don't know why DJ White Shadow felt the need to produce something so cookie cutter for Gaga when he's produced some fantastic singles for her in the past, such as Applause and Born This Way. On the Gaga side of things, it's a solid vocal performance, but that's it, just solid. Lyrically it doesn't mean anything to me which is disappointing coming from somebody who is more generally a fantastic songwriter, and the actual vocal performance isn't anything to write home about, especially riding off of Joanne which had some of her best performances ever.

I blame the Pop audience for not understanding Joanne and leading her to come out with a song like this. Million Reasons and Perfect Illusion had some success, but it was fairly moderate for Gaga. I don't understand how A-YO has only 27 million plays on Spotify, that was EASILY one of the best pop songs of last year. Hell if we want an even more direct comparison, John Wayne was down the line of this new single and just a better song in ever aspect.

mr stroke

Justice just shredded Coachella tonight. Wow. One of my favorite sets of the weekend, Riche Hawtin still number one. But damn if that wasn't a close second. (and Lady Gaga was pretty fantastic)

Aomber

Justice just shredded Coachella tonight. Wow. One of my favorite sets of the weekend, Riche Hawtin still number one. But damn if that wasn't a close second. (and Lady Gaga was pretty fantastic)

Yessss! I didn't get a chance to see Hawtin online, hoping find an upload of the full video set at some point. Justice and Gaga were fantastic though :D

Sunday night I also caught Tycho and Lorde, Hans Zimmer was next level, dude has so many damn classic movie scores he's a huge inspiration, watched him and Porter/Madeon at the same time. I was only disappointed by one thing about the Lorde show though, she kept saying "I've got some surprises for you guys!" and I knew Flume was at Coachella and I was like fucking bring him on stage and drop a big hit single from the two of them. That would have been fantastic but you can't have it all :( I still love that Tennis Court remix so much.

Sai-kun

Banned

seeing justice live makes me question what the fuck they were thinking when they put out their latest garbage heap of an album

like, where was this version of justice when they were producing the album

Aomber

seeing justice live makes me question what the fuck they were thinking when they put out their latest garbage heap of an album

like, where was this version of justice when they were producing the album
Like, I wouldn't go as far as saying garbage, but I know what you mean, I think a large part of the problem was the vocals. That felt like a step backwards, and it felt like they were creating the production around those vocals which held that back as well :/

Aomber

Some of you might have heard that some songs from Porter's unreleased library were leaked, I don't wanna link too much to that stuff but I just came across this track and it's really nice. Better than Shelter to be honest, has a really nice groove to it with the vocal samples and piano, and the chords are really nice. It feels like vocals were meant to be on this but obviously it was never completed.

Porter Robinson & Madeon - Praise For That

Get ready for some fire new Skrillex tracks, he was pumping demos so loud in his car in Hollywood that he got handcuffed

https://twitter.com/ColbyLKline/status/854914987919237120

Aomber

Gorillaz - Andromeda (ZHU Remix)

EDIT: Eh, I didn't like that chorus sample at first, but I'm starting to get into it a bit more, it's not my favorite but it's alright. Only thing I don't like is Zhu's vocals as usual, but other than that it's a solid track, one of the better ones he's put out recently. Good stuff.

I think the Bonobo remix is a bit more consistent though

Gorillaz - Andromeda (Bonobo Remix)

There's also a remix that just came out by Purple Disco Machine, a little slow paced but a pretty nice vibe nevertheless if you're looking for some classic disco feelings

Gorillaz - Andromeda (Purple Disco Machine Remix)

Aomber

Zedd did an interview on the Zach Sang show. Always love Zach's interview style, would recommend checking out his other interviews as well

Also I might know of something Zedd related being released in the very near future ^_^

Zedd | Full Interview - Zach Sang Show

EDIT: There's a really interesting discussion about 25 minutes in about Pop music, how people's attention spans have gotten so short, and people dictate what "Pop" means now a day. They're saying that Pop can and should be anything, that Pop literally means Popular music, which should be any genre. I get behind that 100%, there's so much music that gets samey because that's what a lot of people have deemed as Pop instead of just putting a song out there and letting the world decide what's a good, popular song.

subwilde

AND here's a new track from yours truly 🙈🙈 there's only a few producers who truly got me into this art back when I started six years ago. Zedd's one of those guys and it's nice that my best track yet is a remix of him, enjoy!

I was on the fence at first but the breakdown sold me. That staccato string was like a smack in the face...the good kind, if you know what I mean ;)

Top Bottom