• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM Holiday Issue 2007 Reviews & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Searched and couldn't find anything... Unless it's so old I missed it =(

Reviews
[Wii] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - 6.0/7.0/6.0
[Wii] Geometry Wars: Galaxies - 8.5/7.0/8.5
[Wii] Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - 9.0/9.0/8.5
[PS3/360] Need for Speed: ProStreet - 8.5/7.5/7.0
[PS3/360] Tony Hawk's Proving Ground - 5.5/6.5/7.5
[Wii/PS2] Manhunt 2 - 4.0/5.0/7.0
[PS3/360] Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 9.5/8.5/9.5
[360] Blacksite: Area 51 - 6.0/5.0/6.0
[360] Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - 7.5/7.0/7.0
[PS3] Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 8.5/8.5/8.5
[360] Naruto: Rise of a Ninja - 6.5/8.0/5.5
[360] Timeshift - 5.5/5.5/6.0
[360] Mass Effect - 9.0/9.5/9.0
[NDS] Contra 4 - 7.5/8.0/8.0
[NDS] Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends - 7.5/7.5/7.5
[NDS] Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - 8.0/7.5/6.0
[PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus - 7.5/7.0/7.5

Rumours
- 2K back on working on Bioshock for PS3
- EA developing EA Sports Gameshow for XBL Marketplace as well as PC
- Konami making another Metal Gear game for PSP
- EA making game on upcoming live action GI Joe movie
- THQ updaing N64 version of No Mercy with new roster using WiiWare
- Sega making another real Sonic game
- EA making a new Road Rash game

Dali

Missed the other thread, but I'd like to express my disapproval of EA making a GI Joe based on the movie. I suppose this mean it will have a realistic style to it and have nothing to do with the GI Joe of yesteryear. I hope they are just releasing a GI Joe game (based on anything good that has to do with the IP, whether it be comics and crossovers to the original cartoon... just not the damn live-action movie!) to coincide with the movie's release, instead of a game based on the movie.

edit: You're getting a lot of shit for a duplicate thread, but your title is better and parts of your opening post are better. I remember seeing the other thread title, but I didn't click because it didn't interest me. I wouldn't have even had the impetus to type my comment because the OP doesn't make it clear that the game is based on the upcoming live-action movie.

GhaleonEB

RumFore said:
Sucks when everything from EGM is on the boards weeks before you get your issue. Got mine yesterday.
Not being able to search for three character strings can be frustrating. I've tried to find old threads with NPD, EGM, 1up and IGN but couldn't because of it.

Dali said:
Missed the other thread, but I'd like to express my disapproval of EA making a GI Joe based on the movie. I suppose this mean it will have a realistic style to it and have nothing to do with the GI Joe of yesteryear. I hope they are just releasing a GI Joe game (based on anything good that has to do with the IP, whether it be comics and crossovers to the original cartoon... just not the damn live-action movie!) to coincide with the movie's release, instead of a game based on the movie.

edit: You're getting a lot of shit for a duplicate thread, but your title is better and parts of your opening post are better. I remember seeing the other thread title, but I didn't click because it didn't interest me. I wouldn't have even had the impetus to type my comment because the OP doesn't make it clear that the game is based on the upcoming live-action movie.

The GI joe movie is most likely going to be a blockbuster in the style of transformers. A game based on it is an inevitability.

The old Joe got plenty of games for it's time anyway..at least 1 for atari, 2 for NES, and an inexplicably good arcade shooter that came out after the cartoon was done it's original run. If you want to experience the show in videogame form, hunt that one down on MAME or something.

I'm just hoping the movie 1.) isn't crap and 2.) EA puts together a decent game, period. It doesn't HAVE to ape the 80s cartoon, because that show had it's time in the sun already.

Chrono

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Not being able to search for three character strings can be frustrating. I've tried to find old threads with NPD, EGM, 1up and IGN but couldn't because of it.

Use quotes - "EGM" instead of EGM.

Chrono said:
Use quotes - "EGM" instead of EGM.

someone should put that in the Faq or something. I've wondered how to do three character searches myself a few times, and that would have come in handy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom