• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eiji Aonuma: “No one explicitly said that that was Link.”

Qasiel

the cloak....

IYO.jpg

Reminds me of Twinrova...

How about this:

The game takes place after Skyward Sword but before the establishment of the royal family. You play as multiple characters: Link has superior sword skills and Zelda has superior archery and magic. Items are used in different ways depending on the character.

That would make sense, but after watching the trailer a few more times, I agree with others that it looks nothing like Zelda.

I'm on #TeamAryll.

The annoying thing about Nintendo having to show this stuff early, is that we know absolutely nothing and they're going to keep it that way until E3 2015(Or some random Direct between now and then)

I know people would have been upset(I would have been a bit bummed myself)but I'd rather they have saved this for 2015 so we could get a gameplay trailer with story elements, and a round table later in the day.
:p

Freeman

Banned
Much better if its a girl, its a clever twist, the series is called Zelda so there is room for changes in the formula.

If that is a male Link they need to go back to drawing board, that is excessively feminine.

Just a thought, but even with all our crazy theories, I bet Link wearing blue is nothing more than simply the fact that you can see him better in a greenery setting, like Mario's design in the original Super Mario!

Ninten-troll!

Randomizer

Ah fuck Aonuma just when people were starting to finally accept that it was Link you pull this troll move. Still on #TeamLink over here.

Mortemis

Banned
Holy shit. The thought of it not being Link didn't really come to me and I ignored all of those Zelda spews, but I can get behind that not being Link. Don't troll me Eiji!

I seriously doubt that is Zelda, I just can't see it.

Sawneeks

Banned
I will bet money that this game is set in the Wind Waker world shortly before that world is flooded in the 'Era Without a Hero' and this new character, whoever he/she is, is trying to save the world but will ultimately fail and the world is flooded. Hence why this might not be Link, as that time period had no 'Hero of Time', and why some things look really Wind Waker-y. Would also explain the vast open world and the mountains as Wind Waker also had a HUGE world and the tops of the mountains became the new islands.

i could also be pulling this out of my ass and i'm WAY off but i'm sticking with it until otherwise stated!

Heroman

Banned
Just a thought, but even with all our crazy theories, I bet Link wearing blue is nothing more than simply the fact that you can see him better in a greenery setting, like Mario's design in the original Super Mario!

Ninten-troll!

That dumb, they are never gonna change one of there most popluar characters.

Cartman86

Banned
No reason Link or Zelda can't switch Genders. Would be cool if it was a female Link. Kind of weird that every hero born in every generation has to be male anyways.

EDIT: Not gonna happen though. Farthest they would go would be a daughter with a different name or Zelda herself. Would probably think it's too confusing for the brand or something stupid like that.

CronoShot

The game is Zelda saving Link, but you still play as Link.

So you're just stuck in a dungeon for 20 hours.

Zelda's a master at getting through dungeons though. In Skyward Sword she just waltzes right through them without any items or equipment, and somehow locks all the doors behind her.

I will bet money that this game is set in the Wind Waker world shortly before that world is flooded in the 'Era Without a Hero' and this new character, whoever he/she is, is trying to save the world but will ultimately fail and the world is flooded. Hence why this might not be Link, as that time period had no 'Hero of Time', and why some things look really Wind Waker-y. Would also explain the vast open world and the mountains as Wind Waker also had a HUGE world and the tops of the mountains became the new islands.

i could also be pulling this out of my ass and i'm WAY off but i'm sticking with it until otherwise stated!

BAH GOD. I remember playing Wind Waker and thinking what happened and why there was no hero. She probably tries to save the hero and fails and the gods have to flood it, they flood it with her help though

Mory Dunz

Much better if its a girl, its a clever twist, the series is called Zelda so there is room for changes in the formula.

If that is a male Link they need to go back to drawing board, that is excessively feminine.
How would being a girl change the formula if Link's a blank slate, like most people say. The game would be pretty much the same. Unlike a major change such as the ALBW item system or something.

The one thing I hope it's not is character creation. That'd feel so....bland to me.
But I'm pretty sure it won't be that so we'll see.

Will be funny if its still Link at the end becuase the dissapoitment is going to be massive I see.
I dont mind either way, girl link, boy link or any other character would be good.

Balb

The lack of a grunting noise when the main character impales the enemy makes me believe that it could be Zelda. Having a grunt would have been a giveaway of the character's gender.

Put me in the character looks like a girl group.

First thing that hit me unlike even Hyrule Warriors and watch quite a bit of anime.

Hope it's actually a version of Link we can play and Zelda's appearance is still to come.

Top Bottom