• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Shaddai director teases major game announcement within next two weeks

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Takeyasu Sawaki, director of the 2011-released El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, said he will make a “major” announcement within the next two weeks during a panel at Tokyo Sandbox 2017 this weekend.

“Within two weeks, I’m going to announce a new mythical concept,” Sawaki said. “It’s not indie, it’s major. Please look out for it. I’m pretty sure it will be covered by various media. It’s major, so I’m really not allowed to speak about it, but please look forward to it.”
Source: http://gematsu.com/2017/05/el-shaddai-director-teases-major-announcement-within-two-weeks

Ezalc

Please release the backgrounds of El Shaddai as HD gifs or something, they are too fucking gorgeous.

Also, more Angels in jeans please.

Finally, if this is a sequel to El Shaddai, please make it have a better battle system. The concept of stealing weapons was interesting but each only has like two attacks, it's boring as shit.

GHG

A PC port for El Shaddai would be cool too. Stuck back on old hardware now.

I came to see this. The assets would be amazing to see in high resolution all cleaned up.

One of the most artistic games in recent memory.

Sesha

Yes please. El Shaddai was interesting and had potential. It just needed tighter gameplay, combat especially. Whatever it is, I'm at least interested. But is he still with Ignition Tokyo? Does it even exist anymore?

I'm pretty sure I beat El Shaddai without ever understanding how the combat actually worked but god damn if it didn't consistently floor me artistically. Really excited to see what this is!

Kamek

El Shaddai was the first game I bought off GAF hype/recommendation. Beautiful game, albeit a little repetitive. I am interested to see what they come up with next.

salromano

El Shaddai was beautiful visually, but a huge letdown gameplay-wise for me. I'm down to try something new from him, though.

Man I never got around to posting that. I just remember Shane Bettenhausen totally sold me on it but I never got around to getting it. :(

Kremzeek

El Shaddai was a doozy of a beautiful game- I'm so glad I played it to experience the creators vision.

Actually Abzu gave me some El Shaddai vibes for some reason...

Holy crap! I just recently made a few gifs of this game for the "Mobius" and the "what game franchise do you think deserves another chance" threads. I've been jonesing for something similar ever since and wondering about the studio.

For those of you that have never seen this game for whatever reason...

MzcMNMn.gif

LHxmRIY.gif

XVwdoFo.gif

Kevtones

El Shaddai was incredibly boring. Visuals were outstanding but that game was a giant snore.

Hope for the best though...

extralite

I want to play El Shaddai in VR. Well, I'd like to play everything in VR but El Shaddai kind of stands out. I have it for PS3 but haven't played very far, because, too many games to play. But after Bound I want to experience more games with fantasy visuals like those two in VR.

PS3 games would be easy to port to PSVR too. Just keep all the assets as they are and render in stereo. Done.

I started SMT4A recently and am loving the stereo 3d. Loved it with the original SMT4 too. I hope the new SMT will have VR support on PS4.
Since P5 is a PS3 game at its core, couldn't they make it VR on PS4?

I guess it's too much to ask for Sawaki's new project to be VR. Still interested in it for the aesthetics, if it's anything like El Shaddai.

It was a very pretty game but in terms of gameplay I think it was kind of boring tbh.

Still want to see what he's been working on all this time.

Wasn't he the artist on the upcoming SRPG God Wars? I think it's either a sequel to that, or a new IP. I would be pleasantly surprised if it's a sequel to El Shaddai though, that game sure didn't set the charts on fire.

El Shaddai was the absolute bomb. There's still nothing else out there even close to mimicking it; it had a style and vibe all of its own. Bonkers game.

Since this new project is being described as a mythical new concept, I doubt it's a sequel or anything related to the IP.

Eolz

Oh, that's interesting.
El Shaddai was really broken, repetitive and flawed in terms of gameplay, but it was clearly unique and beautiful as well.
Wonder if it'll be similar.

Top Bottom