• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Shaddai director teases major game announcement within next two weeks

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I had no clue what I was doing or what was going on while playing El Shaddai. I would promptly pay 60 dollars for a PC port.

DemWalls

A PC port for El Shaddai would be cool too. Stuck back on old hardware now.

This.
When I decided to go PC only years ago, there were a few console games I was sorry to "leave behind" (Lords of Shadow, Brütal Legend...), but they all came out on PC eventually. I think El Shaddai is the only one left.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Really thought El Shaddai had a lot of potential but the combat was a bit too repetitive. But still, super cool game.

I'm intrigued by this announcement! Loved El Shaddai overall, hope Takeyasu Sawaki and co. can deliver another artistic masterpiece of a game and improve on the combat and platforming (if the project ends up being a sequel or spiritual successor to El Shaddai)

Zapages

I felt like 1/2 or 2/3s way through the game the story really accelerated... So it was a bit jarring.

Aside from that, the game was a visual treat and liked how you lost armor to show your lost of health.

Ahasverus

Oh my God, yes, YES. Will buy at full price.

El Shaddai has a special memory in my heart. As you know it, it's a really visually and gameplay relatedly weird. Well, I played it while I had a literal fever. Let me tell you, not even the highest high has given me the sense of "wonderful confusion" I had with that game in that state. Nothing made sense, but it was wonderful.

These guys make magic.

Despera

Banned
El Shaddai was one of the most unique and interesting looking games from last gen

2OYlfAK.gif

Combat was a bit too basic, but everything else was such a treat. Looking forward to this announcement. Hope the new game retains the trippy aesthetic :)

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I loved El Shaddai, so I'm definitely interested in whatever this is.

Speaking of which, El Shaddai is a game that really could use a re-release. Both the PS3 and 360 versions looked so low-res... can't even imagine what that shit would look like on PC.

MrT-Tar

I played through the game for the first time earlier this year and loved it. Didn't understand half of what was going on story wise, but I guess I didn't with the likes of Bayonetta either.

Opa-Pa

This is crazy as I wanted to try this game ever since it got announced but only got a copy last week.

Great timing!

El Shaddai visuals were definitely something else. Glad to have it on 360. A PC port would be nice.

Looking forward to the announcement.

Kevdo

It took me a bit to get into El Shaddai, and the combat started clicking for me once I started treating it more like a rhythm game than an action game.

And it remains one of the most snazzy-looking games I've played. I would double dip that, easy.

Lets see what he comes up with Next, for what it was i enjoyed EI :)

wasn't the biggest Fan of the Art style but it Grew on me :)

Kain

Just hire Platinum to handle the game itself but reuse the writing and art team. Done.

I really liked El Shaddai, it was a beautiful game with great lore that touched all the stuff I dig. The combat was ass after a while though. Would love a spiritual sequel.

Top Bottom