• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING rated by ESRB (Praise The Sun!)

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

ELDEN RING​

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.

Platforms
Windows PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series

M.svg

Blood and Gore
Language
Suggestive Themes
Violence

Rating Summary

This is an action role-playing game in which players assume the role of a character trying to retrieve a magical ring and become the Elden Lord. From a third-person perspective, players explore environments, collect items, and battle various enemies (e.g., knights, fantastical creatures) in melee combat. Players use swords, spears, axes, arrows, and magic to enemies; combat is highlighted by cries of pain, splatters of blood, and impact sounds. The game includes depictions of gore: collectible items that include severed fingers and tongues; a boss character cutting off its arm; severed arms hanging from a ceiling. During the course of the game, a humanoid monster is depicted partially nude, with scales/scars covering its breast and pelvic regions. The word “shit” appears in the dialogue.

sun GIF

Dark Souls Gamer GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

Dark Souls Bare Fists GIF

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Poison is easier to handle than being cursed. Being hit by something that builds up curse, curse causing your stats to tank, and then having to find a cure for being cursed.

Skifi28

Even though I always said I'd save myself the embarrassment, I ended up playing Sekiro in anticipation. Just release it already

Mr Hyde

The hype for this game is unreal. I can't wait to play it. It looks absolutely fantastic. A game changer. A landmark title. It's like I'm 15 years old again and waiting to play Final Fantasy 7 for the first time. It's that big of a deal.

Kuranghi

If my flatmate hasn't bought a new PC by the time this comes out and I have to watch him playing his most anticipated game of all time on a laptop with a 970M, at sub-1080p resolution, medium settings with an average framerate of 46fps on a non-VRR display I'm going to beat him with a towel-wrapped soap as he sleeps:

That might seem terriblly horrible to some but computer games are serious business.

Or I could buy him the new PC while he sleeps, that could be a slightly nicer option.

Vognerful

If you don't play this on PC, you are buying half a game.

The life of such a game will get on PC will be probably for 5 years minimum.

Top Bottom