• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational hosted by TBS

DKL

Not highlighting Punk's return super counterpoke... I feel like that was the most important thing in the match since it indicated that he wasn't going to be a choke artist.

vulva

Chun'Li's chance.

I mean, garbage is a bit much when we consider the performance we just saw. Not every single character that got nerfed from S1 to S2 is suddenly garbage.

I think the only chars that got dumpstered in s2 (implying they weren't already bad) were chun, ryu and nash. Alex and Fang changes were a bit ??????? too

Some of the other nerfed chars are still pretty viable though.

FluxWaveZ

I think the only chars that got dumpstered in s2 (implying they weren't already bad) were chun, ryu and nash. Alex and Fang changes were a bit ??????? too

Some of the other nerfed chars are still pretty viable though.

R. Mika was one of the characters that got nerfed the most. She was the poster girl for "bullshit" back then, though, so people like to say she was "normalized." Still, that doesn't change the fact that she was one of the most substantially nerfed characters in the S1 to S2 transition, but the notable 3 who kept her are still doing well (while everyone else isn't, but...).

It's just that I feel that, if one's character was the top of the game in one season and suddenly they're not anymore, people just want to say that they're garbage and go on to main another top tier instead of accepting that they might just not have the same kind of tools to abuse anymore, but can still adapt.

How is TBS going to keep a muzzle on Zhi? I've heard this guy make Holocaust jokes, sperm jokes, blowjob jokes, etc. on stream before.

Oh and bukkake jokes. He really, really loves bukkake jokes.

DKL

How is TBS going to keep a muzzle on Zhi? I've heard this guy make Holocaust jokes, sperm jokes, blowjob jokes, etc. on stream before.

He's currently only channeling things that people deep in the FGC lore can understand.

Knows how to deal with the moneybags, clearly.

CSGO had Thorin and RLewis on the desk, and Sadokist on casting. I don't think Zhi will be an issue. They'll probably keep him reigned in a bit when they're on TBS, but that isn't all the time, obviously. At worst they sub him out lol.

vulva

R. Mika was one of the characters that got nerfed the most. She was the poster girl for "bullshit" back then, though, so people like to say she was "normalized." Still, that doesn't change the fact that she was one of the most substantially nerfed characters in the S1 to S2 transition, but the notable 3 who kept her are still doing well (while everyone else isn't, but...).

It's just that I feel that, if one's character was the top of the game in one season and suddenly they're not anymore, people just want to say that they're garbage and go on to main another top tier instead of accepting that they might just not have the same kind of tools to abuse anymore, but can still adapt.

I get you, and I definitely agree to an extent. I don't want to keep hammering on Chun, but if you go back to when the changes were first put in I was very optimistic about her and was sure I could make her work. I think my issue is with people who just write a character off right away. Like Mika is obviously nowhere close to where she once was, but people are still making her work.

FluxWaveZ

She's pretty nervous, it seems. Obvious drops since her first match, and she doesn't look in control when the camera pans to her.

Sayad

Who's the better active Chun player now?
GO1 for one, but to be honest, I've yet to see Ricki win a single set since CC and this is his second round robin! So really, any top level Chun, Mov, Nuki, that guy who won an exclusive Chun color...

Chun'Li's chance.

I mean, garbage is a bit much when we consider the performance we just saw. Not every single character that got nerfed from S1 to S2 is suddenly garbage.

Not at all, I still love Urien... but Ken is just not reliable to me.

Edit: Damn, Riki... 😕 (Can't say I'm not happy about chun nerf tho 😁)

Edzi

No one believes in Gootecks

Not even Gootecks. Wasn't he on twitter the other day saying he wants to switch to pad because it's superior/easier to win with? Dude is the very definition of a scrub, always looking for something to blame for his losses.

vulva

GO1 for one, but to be honest, I've yet to see Ricki win a single set since CC and this is his second round robin! So really, any top level Chun, Mov, Nuki, that guy who won an exclusive Chun color...

You mean Guile1?

Or Inuki?

MOVuki?

They all left chun bro

Numb

Not even Gootecks. Wasn't he on twitter the other day saying he wants to switch to pad because it's superior/easier to win with? Dude is the very definition of a scrub, always looking for something to blame for his losses.

CC money doesn't need to get good

-----

Someone ban Zhi from ever being on mic
My resistance of him ran out years ago

He's even messing with hit boxes.

Top Bottom