• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulating N64 blur for perfectionists

theclaw135

Banned
What are my options if I'm fervently pedantic and want to emulate the N64's video output most authentic to the actual hardware? That means the original texture filtering, anti-aliasing, draw distance, ideally down to the last pixel any other artifacts such as dot crawl which were impossible to avoid on a retail console (nothing crisper like RGB or component was ever supported in an official, unaltered unit).

I'd say either the actual hardware on a CRT, or....playing those N64 PC decompiliations out there like Mario 64 PC and OoT PC....forgot what they're called specifically but these 2 methods could allow you to experience them in their purest forms

cireza

To get blur, simply plug the console (or emulate it) on a modern HD TV.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'd say either the actual hardware on a CRT, or....playing those N64 PC decompiliations out there like Mario 64 PC and OoT PC....forgot what they're called specifically but these 2 methods could allow you to experience them in their purest forms

Those decompilations are pretty much the opposite of what it sounds like OP wants to achieve.

Top Bottom