• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESA "Commends" Trump Administration (over the new STEM education initiative)

Trump is garbage, almost everything he does is obscene, but the administration could have done worse in this situation. Is that agreeable to you? I don't know how to make it more clear that I despise the man and the GOP and yet am capable of recognizing when they didn't make something worse than it already was. Clearly it's not even a drop in the bucket compared to the negative storm he wrought on our country, I just don't want to give in to the cathartic urge to condemn everything he and his administration does thoughtlessly. They give us plenty of actual reasons to hate them.

I mean if we have to recognize his administration doing the bare minimum while being surrounded by the other negative shit, I feel like that's too low a bar to even acknowledge.

Venfayth

I mean if we have to recognize his administration doing the bare minimum while being surrounded by the other negative shit, I feel like that's too low a bar to even acknowledge.

I'm not saying we need to acknowledge that they're doing something right.

Let's use Klepek's example of a broken clock being right twice a day. I'm saying there's no reason to use those two moments per day to demonize the clock being broken. There's just no point and it's intellectually dishonest. If a clock is broken you have so much to work with already.

That being said, Klepek's article raises some fair points about why the ESA praising Trump is also fairly intellectually dishonest and scummy, so I'm not going to defend them.

Top Bottom