• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB leaks PlayStation Suite/Android versions of Syphon Filter: DM, Daxter, and flOw

Gaspode_T

Nintendo and Sony would bankrupt me if they ever released backlog with some recognition for the time it takes to replay old games...basically for someone with finite time and a backlog, it would take a heck of a lot for me to sit there and play through a game like Syphon Filter or Daxter if it's not an HD remake w/ trophies. I just bought Strangers Wrath, so the full treatment definitely is the best but even just simple 'unlocks' like being able to display the games in your PS Home would have been a great idea...it's fruit hanging so low it's touching the ground

I heard a rumour just now that Sony are putting out an actual PlayStation phone this year. The rumour says it will use the Vita SoC and come with more RAM and be completely compatible with Vita games and will have the same form factor as the Xperia Play, but slightly larger (around 4.5"). The phone is also, apparently going to be available in non PS branding as well and will be Sony's flagship device going into the holiday season this year.

Just remember this is a rumour and not for certain, but it makes a lot of sense to me. The Vita SoC at 28nm will fit into an oversized phone (Tegra 3 is 40nm quad core, but LG and HTC are putting it into a phone before May this year) and wit PSSuite looking ready to launch Sony will want to push Vita on more than one front, making a phone version is a good way to push it. The age of the dedicated handheld is coming to an end, Sony seem to have recognised this with PSSuite, so it makes a lot of sense for them to push a phone version of their handheld.

I would buy it if they released it. Hell, I would get it as an upgrade from Vodafone when it comes due in early 2013. That's what Sony lose out on without a phone SKU for Vita, people have to actually buy it.

The reason Sony bought out SE is probably because they want to do a Vita SKU. It makes no sense otherwise. think they will try to launch the Vita SKU phone this year with an unveil at E3 if they can. They have until Fall to convince me (and come to Sprint), otherwise I'm buying an iphone most likely.

On the other note, I thought playstation suite was dead, wasn't it supposed to launch last year?

And pray, what kind of dark sorcery will they use to ensure the battery life even borders on acceptable for a dual smartphone/gaming device?

The same batteries that are in regular Android phones? At 28nm the same Vita SoC will draw 50% less power and given the fixed nature of the platform Sony won't need to increase performance and lose those power savings.

The reason Sony bought out SE is probably because they want to do a Vita SKU. It makes no sense otherwise. think they will try to launch the Vita SKU phone this year with an unveil at E3 if they can. They have until Fall to convince me (and come to Sprint), otherwise I'm buying an iphone most likely.

On the other note, I thought playstation suite was dead, wasn't it supposed to launch last year?

I haven't heard real details of carriers or anything like that, but expect it to be on AT&T or Verizon in the US. If it launches with LTE then it could be unlocked.

PSSuite is far from dead, it will begin to roll out to the public at the end of March or beginning of April.

I wonder if Sony is leading up to something...

- PlayStation Move Heroes released for PS3 (2011)
- Daxter appears in Invizimals: The Lost Tribes (2011)
- Jak & Daxter HD Collection announced for PS3 (2011)
- Daxter released on Android (2012)

A lot of movement for a dead franchise...
I would love this. Jak & Daxter is soooo much cooler than Uncharted. :)

Withnail

PS Suite is such a stupid name and the concept doesn't make any sense to me. Just release SCE games on Android/iOS. Done.

It's not only about SCE games though. Suite is basically Sony's App Store which will be available across phones, consoles, TVs, Blu-ray players etc. It's pretty ambitious. We'll have to wait and see if they can deliver.

I agree the name isn't great.

PSSuite is far from dead, it will begin to roll out to the public at the end of March or beginning of April.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear it will be released in March or April? I've tried to get some info regarding a release date but could not find anything.

Top Bottom