• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB rates The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III and IV for PS5

New info:
Get ready to fight for the future of Erebonia! Magical Arts, unique Crafts, and powerful S-Crafts allow you to decimate your enemies, while masterful use of Brave Orders and Link Attacks give you the edge in battle. Brush up on your combat lessons and step into the fray with Rean and Class VII!

Trails of Cold Steel III / Trails of Cold Steel IV comes February 16, 2024 to PS5!

Older info:
The Entertainment Software Rating Board has rated PlayStation 5 versions of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV published by NIS America.
Both titles are currently available for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam. PlayStation 5 versions have not been announced.

Last edited:
Both Cold Steel III and IV run at 1800p 60fps on PS5 through backwards compatibility so I'm not really sure what these PS5 native versions will bring to the table. 🤔 That being said, these Trails games should be great to play on the new PS Portal :p

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
It's up for preorder!

Cute LGTV+ waifu

844395.jpg

Very nice for the people who might have had a hard time finding physical copies of these games, and those that just have to have every edition of their favorite games. I've been there, but these days I just bother finding one copy of a game I like on any system and move on, like I have TitS games on PSP, CS 1 & 2 on PS3, 3 & 4 & others on Switch. As long I have some version of the game I'm happy.

New trailer has dropped!

Get ready to fight for the future of Erebonia! Magical Arts, unique Crafts, and powerful S-Crafts allow you to decimate your enemies, while masterful use of Brave Orders and Link Attacks give you the edge in battle. Brush up on your combat lessons and step into the fray with Rean and Class VII!

Trails of Cold Steel III / Trails of Cold Steel IV comes February 16, 2024 to PS5!

At least there's something positive about being 20 games behind in a series, I'll immediately play the best version when I get to it in 15 years or so.
Might as well wait for the yet to be announced, but heavily hinted at Trails in the Sky ports/remasters for console.

Thief1987

Might as well wait for the yet to be announced, but heavily hinted at Trails in the Sky ports/remasters for console.

The may release it in Japan, but with western localisation being owned by XSeed it's very doubtful that we will ever see it here.

The may release it in Japan, but with western localisation being owned by XSeed it's very doubtful that we will ever see it here.
Yeah, I know about the localisation issues; maybe they can struck a deal to make it happen tho? Who knows, but I'll say that I'll be day 1 if they'll ever do a western re-release on Nintendo or PlayStation systems.

Skifi28

I screwed up the order by recently starting with the first cold steel as my entry point in the series, now you make me wonder if I should drop it for now and wait to play in the correct order.

I screwed up the order by recently starting with the first cold steel as my entry point in the series, now you make me wonder if I should drop it for now and wait to play in the correct order.
Why do gamers do this to themselves? Just play and enjoy the game, dude. I started with Cold Steel and you wouldn’t even know that it was an existing series.

Thief1987

You can play first two Cold Steel games, you won't lose anything because to that point they are basically standalone (beside the epilogue of CS2), only in the third CS game interconnections with the previous arcs start to appear.

Ahead of the launch of the Trails of Cold Steel III / Trails of Cold Steel IV native PlayStation 5 double pack later this month, publisher NIS America has listed all of the free included DLC purchasers can expect. Most of the DLC comprises cosmetics, though a few helpful item packs are also included.

Digital purchasers will automatically obtain all of this content, while physical owners will need to redeem the items from the PlayStation store.

Top Bottom