• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB: Super Mario Galaxy rated for Wii U VC

mrmickfran

Japan has a lot of things no other region gets or takes forever to get. Wonder how that works. Do these things sell better over there?
It doesn't go by the highest selling. It goes by NoA's mercy :p

Even if it was by highest selling, Japan would've gotten NSMB Wii long before Galaxy.

gogogow

With Kimishima saying they will continue supporting the Wii U, i'm surprised why Nintendo don't just remaster their Wii/GC games for the Wii U? That would be relatively cheap compared to new IPs, sequels etc. SMG1&2 HD collection, Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles HD should've happened last year, Punch Out, Waverace, 1080 snowboarding, F-Zero GX HD etc.

Effect

Come on, what do i gotta do to get Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn on there.
Seriously. I don't understand why NoA is so far behind and why they don't just upload more games. Especially the ones they published. I'm dying to get my hands on Radiant Dawn at an affordable price. Same with Battalion Wars.

ChaosXVI

Huh...back when the whole Wii game download thing started last winter I recall expecting SMG1 to receive some sort of remaster treatment just due to Galaxy 2 coming out for the eShop first. But then it never happened, and now it most definitely isn't going to, at least not on Wii U.

Personally I'm still waiting for Metroid Prime Trilogy HD for NX...probably never gonna happen.

Madao

so, NoA didn't even submit it in advance? they're just submitting now?

some of these games will hit in 2017 at this rate. good thing all the good stuff the other regions are getting is games i already have.

I'm assuming there was some sort of technical reason as to why it has been taking so long to get the early Wii games.

there's zero reasons outside NoA being complete shit with the schedule. japan has had SMG1 on Wii U VC since May.

CassSept

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Also also I know you could map it to a button, but mapping the spin jump to the Wii Remote was brilliant and I feel like I'm missing something every time I hit a shoulder button to spin jump in a lesser game.

I feel you man, using Wii Remote for spin jump just feels so good. Every time I fired up SMG2 I'd start it by using triple jump, spin jump and headbutt for homing attack to start up the level selection map. Functionally it's no different than entering the menu to select a level from the list, but it's touches like that that make a game greater for me.

Motion control was useless for sword controls in TP and outright detrimental for DKCR, but it worked great for SMG games.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Haven't played this since 07. Let's do it.

Unfortunately, this makes an HD remaster more unlikely.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
They should put up both at the same time but I get that they want to whet the whistle of people first then drop SMG2 to maximize on the sales.

I really really want a HD remaster of the original..

Dunno if I should buy this, and get disappointed how the graphics look on my 44 inches led tv instead of the old Sony CRT I used to have hooked up to the Wii.

Davey Cakes

Using the Wii remote to spin isn't great.

Using the NUNCHUK to spin is fantastic, though. It's a really natural integration of motion into gameplay. Feels perfect. Love it.

I feel alien for enjoying all the motion and pointer controls in the Mario Galaxy games. The bubble stages, manta ray stages, and ball-rolling stages were all terrifically fun for me. And, I enjoy collecting star bits with the pointer, as well as using "sling pods" and other such things. These were all nice additions that changed up the game at the right moments.

Ridley327

so, NoA didn't even submit it in advance? they're just submitting now?

some of these games will hit in 2017 at this rate. good thing all the good stuff the other regions are getting is games i already have.

there's zero reasons outside NoA being complete shit with the schedule. japan has had SMG1 on Wii U VC since May.
FWIW, NoA typically submits ratings for VC titles days before they're released, so I'm expecting this will be their big title for the week.

Top Bottom