• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] Bloodborne Alpha Test

JimPanzer

woah guys, I better keep quiet. just keep in mind that this wouldn't be the first souls game with serious framerate issues.

"not an expert on that stuff", yet this won't stop you from doomsaying on room for improvent six months out from release. OK.

damn, I would love to see them fix it. I'm a huge souls fan, just a bit worried. btw. it's 4 months till release,

Vitor711

Who says that the game is running constant 15 fps?

A few people have claimed it dips that low but there's no way to know for sure until someone like DF does an analysis and I don't think they're invited to the Alpha, nor would they be allowed to do so.

Nesther

I
General gameplay seems to be around mid-20s.

Yeah, no. Been mostly messing around a bit and didn't get far, and even at the bonfire area with a lot of enemies gathering around, the framerate is incredible. Coming from Dark Souls 2 on PS3 to this is so refreshing.

I'm not going to put an exact number to it, but it's above 30fps.

Ferr986

Yeah, no. Been mostly messing around a bit and didn't get far, and even at the bonfire area with a lot of enemies gathering around, the framerate is incredible. Coming from Dark Souls 2 on PS3 to this is so refreshing.

I'm not going to put an exact number to it, but it's above 30fps.

Game is capped at 30. (unless this alpha has unlocked framerate, final build was announced to be capped at 30 though).

The framerate can get pretty rough but it is just an alpha so that can be fixed before release. I do worry that stupid people will see it and it will never lose the "lol shit fps" stigma, though...

Ferr986

If this is 30fps then Dark Souls 2 was running at 15 or something. It's a lot more responsive.

I guess it was because Dark Souls 2 had unlocked framerate, so it was constantly moving up and down the 30s, making it feel more jarring (especially on PS3, 360 framerate seemed better).

Sepi stream is awesome. He is taking his time running around, so you can hear a lot of the sound ambience. Surprised on the variety of sounds the enemies does when they're not aggroed.

I guess it was because Dark Souls 2 had unlocked framerate, so it was constantly moving up and down the 30s, making it feel more jarring (especially on PS3, 360 framerate seemed better).

Sepi stream is awesome. He is taking his time running around, so you can hear a lot of the sound ambience. Surprised on the variety of sounds the enemies does when they're not aggroed.

Link to stream please? :)

Vitor711

It's real nice that it feels like some of the enemies in the world have a purpose, and are not just there to be killed. Seeing them patrol, check on locked doors and stuff, is pretty cool.

Multiplayer confuses me. Apparently you just ring one of two bells? And then are chosen/have a companion summoned instantly? It's cool, but it's quite a departure from the signs previously.

Two different bells, one for being summoned and the other one to summon others it seems.

OK, guess I haven't found those yet. The bridge boss destroyed me, I used up all my blood vials and couldn't heal because I kept pressing triangle trying to two hand my weapon like in Souls but that's the heal button in this game lol.

Nesther

OK, guess I haven't found those yet. The bridge boss destroyed me, I used up all my blood vials and couldn't heal because I kept pressing triangle trying to two hand my weapon like in Souls but that's the heal button in this game lol.

Touchpad right should let you view your "inventory". Then choose between lulling or or small resonant bell.

Mafusto

Instead of getting an Alpha invite for Bloodborne I signed up for, I get a beta invite for DB:Xenoverse I did not sign up for. Bless the Sony Overlords and their unfathomable knowledge.

Impressions from the ALPHA

very beautifull
Steady framerate ( i really don't know what problem others had ) .
Very surprised by how smooth co-op was

Got a littleproblem with some physics on defeated corpses but nothin unnatural.
Difficulty is fun . defintly NOt a walk in the park
IA behavior was simple atr times but very intresting when you meet groups
Overall Great for what i played... Much MUCH easier to clear groups on ennemies in co-op rather than alone.

Loving the animation where you check your cape ... LOVING IT

Bravo123

Neo Member
Is there an ending to the alpha?
I've killed every enemy including the boss on the bridge and I can't find where to go next.
There's multiple locked doors and items you cant pickup.

Is there more you can do?

V-Gief

Is there an ending to the alpha?
I've killed every enemy including the boss on the bridge and I can't find where to go next.
There's multiple locked doors and items you cant pickup.

Is there more you can do?
I was in the same position, so I started as one of the other 'classes' and tried out the different weapons. No idea if there is anything else to do after you beat the cleric beast.

Nattan

Damn, game crashed in the middle of the boss fight. Music in the boss fight was superb.

Seems very promising overall. Framerate dips a lot in certain places, but it didn't bother me as much as I feared. Good-looking environment and lighting. Combat is satisfying and the bloodstains are looking good. Still need to experience the co-op.

aravuus

Oh christ, I wish there was a way to disable all chats by default on twitch. Sepi's streams chat is full of "neogay" comments, bitter and immature but I just can't help but read every one lmao

Anyway, the game is looking fucking incredible

e: the spider is fucking terrifying

Top Bottom