• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU Parliament ponders plan to let Indiviual Brits opt-in to keep their EU citizenship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave Brits stay losing and salty!

They're even admitting that this would be an advantage, and not showing any advantage of leaving EU.

This would be brilliant, and I'd sign up for it in a heart beat, even if it meant giving up my British citizenship.

Just because a bunch of ignorant and all too often xenophobic arseholes want to give themselves a buckshot facial doesn't mean the EU should just turn their backs in all those Brits that were happy being a part of the EU and want to remain as a citizen in the wider European community.

I simply can't afford to leave Britain before it leaves the EU, and elderly relatives would prevent me from doing so even if I could. The EU leaving me an olive branch I can use to rejoin them down the road when I'm able, would be the only good thing in this entire fucking disaster of a national suicide pact I and half the British people have been forced into.

Rikkun

Let's hold a referendum in the other EU countries

Yes.
I'm still waiting for them to actually come and say yo we're leaving, move your ass UK.

I'd be ok to give the opportunity of citizenship to those who voted remain.
Did you vote leave as a joke? Did you not leave home because it was a rainy day? You can stay there m8 thanks.

As much as I would opt into this, and would gladly give up my UK citizenship to do so, not going to happen. What's more likely is that this will open up a debate on how half our country is getting fucked over and hopefully will result in some kind of recognition that we don't all want to leave. What's much more likely is a easy permanent residence visa scheme and a quicker path to citizenship exclusively for 18-35's so the bulk of Leave voters don't benefit (you don't want the benefits of the EU? then you don't get it, sounds fair). The resulting brain drain would greatly benefit the EU. Unfortunately I can't leave the UK before the UK leaves the EU because of my job situation.

And lol at Leavers calling for "unity". Any chance of that died when you want to take away our rights.

avaya

People who voted leave are not my countrymen. They are my enemy. People who voted Trump are not my allies. They are my enemy. I will do all I can to hamper to progress of my enemy, for they have done everything they can to defeat me.

This is how I feel. Nothing will ever change this. They are collectively vermin to me.

Faddy

Banned
The UK govt will be against this because it will hugely simplify the EU taking away the City of London as a financial centre as British workers in the sector will be able to freely move and work when jobs are relocated to Europe.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What is the process for a person living in London that wants to immigrate to Germany and get a job there and live there permanently?

Valkyria

Banned
What is the process for a person living in London that wants to immigrate to Germany and get a job there and live there permanently?
Right now, take a plane a sign up in the unemployment office. You are already like a German citizen.

Not for me. I can't simply move to another country because of my health and I bet there are many like me.
Sorry to hear that, I didn't want to imply that it's an easy thing for everyone to do.

I don't like how self-centred the whole discussion around the EU is from most leavers and remainers and want to remind people that they can probably keep their EU citizenship if they are willing to make other sacrifices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom