• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN - Halloween Sale - Prey, RE7, Outlast 2 and more (200+ items)

Surfside

Banned
Buy Prey, folks. Fantastic game.
We need more intelligently designed games like that, not less.

I agree, it's a special game. Even in year where we are floodet with amazing games like this. If you have any love for Immersive Sims like System Shock, then this is a must buy. It has the best designed space station, i have seen unil yet, even beating the Sevastopol from Alien Isolation. It also has a very good story and a varied cast of characters, many with their own secrets that wait for you to uncover them.
This is my Game of the Year.

Also saw Alien Isolation on sale. Think i'm gonna rebuy it. It's one of the best horror games of the last few years. The only other ones that could reach its heights were Soma (and Prey, if you count that as horror) for me, for completely different reasons though.
If you can stomach a game where you will never feel safe, even for a sec, and with tension always remaining high. Then i think you will enjoy this one.

oni-link

Just looking around right now it seems to be £20 or slightly over so it does seem slightly more expensive at retail.

And it took me 120 hours, its a real long game.
But I highly recommened it one of the best games I have ever played.

Nice

I was going to get this but my Gf just heavily hinted she's getting it for my birthday next week so maybe I'll hold fire for a few days

That means I can get something else along side the Wolfenstein games though :p

Nice

I was going to get this but my Gf just heavily hinted she's getting it for my birthday next week so maybe I'll hold fire for a few days

That means I can get something else along side the Wolfenstein games though :p

Do you have the PSVR? I know you have the Pro. If so then grab RE7 if you've not got it already, the game is awesome in VR.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
How is the latest version of Resident Evil 4? I heard it's 1080/60?

It's based on the recent PC version, so yes its 1080/60. It's missing some effects from the Gamecube vversion, but it's still the best console version IMO.

brawly

Mortal Kombat X
Divinity
TEW
Alien Isolation

These are in my cart. Is the Complete Collection of Isolation any good?

tzare

Bought Fatal Fury archives vol.2

Always tempted to buy Witcher but i guess not my kind of game despite the praise.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Just finished a Witcher replay after the Pro patch. Looking forward to getting stuck into the expansions for the first time.

Bought Alien Isolation and What Remains of Edith Finch.

You don't know it yet, but this is the best decision you will ever make.

It depends on how big a fan you are of the original movie. The meat of the collection is two short (but difficult) sections based on it. I love the movie but still think it's skipable.

brawly

I went with MKX and Divinity, since those two are both out of my usual genres.

Already played through TEW on PC and upon further research Isolation is a bit too much stealth for me.

Raitaro

How is the Nonary Games (999 + VLR) on PS4? I really wanted the Vita version (is that still coming?).

Would like to know this as well. Always been interested in these games but the save bug in (I believe) the second game on 3DS kept me from jumping in.

labx

Banned
Damn I misread the title and tought it was for US. One can only hope that US make a super super mega sale like this.

Anung

Un Rama
Got £27 in Sony moneys so I'm tempted to pick up The Observer. Is 15 quid a fair price for that game?

Definelty picking up Layers of Fear for that price.

Just finished a Witcher replay after the Pro patch. Looking forward to getting stuck into the expansions for the first time.

You don't know it yet, but this is the best decision you will ever make.

It depends on how big a fan you are of the original movie. The meat of the collection is two short (but difficult) sections based on it. I love the movie but still think it's skipable.

Already played a little bit of it on Xbox on release, never got round to playing it properly due to health reasons. Was delighted with the movie quality style, looking forward to finishing it.

I posted this many times here in neogaf and this what I posted in the PS Blog:

Thank you for this sale but I really have a serious suggestion for you when you do sales: whenever you do sales for games that have complete editions and season passes, especially the games you gave for free through PS Plus, please don’t forget to make discounts on the DLCs and season passes too. I take for example Lords Of The Fallen: What does that mean the main game on sale is 4 € and fuill game is 5 € while Season Pass is 16 €??? This goes for all games you gave through PS PLus like Just Cause 3 and many more. If you aren’t going to give the full games, at least let us get the DLCs and Season Passes discounted when you do sales. It feels like a sentence for getting free games through PS Plus because we are left with incomplete games and we can’t get their full versions either (that is why I don’t play incomplete games you gave each month because I can’t buy their DLCs later because they cost many times more than the full game discounted). So those with no PS Plus subscription have the real advanntage in sales while those with PS Plus are feel punished. This doesn’t stop here. Whenever you offer a free-weekend or full game trial of game, the system thinks you already own the game and you can’t buy it in discounts or packs. I really hope you reconsider such limitations (more like handicaps) in the store and the suggestions I made. Thanks.

Where can I post this to a more formal place so Sony takes notes and finally ends this suffering?

What are the chances The Witcher 3 will get the same price cut in the near future like in Winter sale or anything? GOTY version never got below 25 € before and now it finally fell to 20 € maybe beacuse it's the franchise 10th anniversary? Are we going to see such price cut again or even lower or this is the only time the game will reach that price?
For example, I was waiting for DOOM Deluxe Edition to hit 25 € on sale in Spring and I was tempted to get it but I waited. Then the DLCs got included to the main game and it was discounted to 15 € and I waited. Now it's 12 € for the whole pack (from 105 € few months ago).
What do you think about Witcher 3? Is it good to wait like for Doom? I got MGS5:GZ and TPP plus all DLCS but then few months later Sony gave both GZ and TPP for free.

I've heard a lot of good things about Divinity Original Sin 2, is the first one worth getting on PS4? I could dive in for less than £10.

What are the chances The Witcher 3 will get the same price cut in the near future like in Winter sale or anything? GOTY version never got below 25 € before and now it finally fell to 20 € maybe beacuse it's the franchise 10th anniversary? Are we going to see such price cut again or even lower or this is the only time the game will reach that price?
For example, I was waiting for DOOM Deluxe Edition to hit 25 € on sale in Spring and I was tempted to get it but I waited. Then the DLCs got included to the main game and it was discounted to 15 € and I waited. Now it's 12 € for the whole pack (from 105 € few months ago).
What do you think about Witcher 3? Is it good to wait like for Doom? I got MGS5:GZ and TPP plus all DLCS but then few months later Sony gave both GZ and TPP for free.

Lol, just bought Witcher 3 GOTY for 20€ here in Munich (Saturn).

Also want to know this before hitting the proceed button :)

I really loved Alien Isolation but the main game is pretty substantial at about 15+ hours (I think it took me more like 18), and by the time I was done I didn't want to play any more even though I had the Nostromo DLC where you can play as Ripley, Dallas or Parker. In my opinion the full game gives you so much content (a little too much if anything) that the DLC is unnecessary.

I know Evil Within 2 on PS4 is excellent and we are waiting for proper PS4 Pro patch.
How is the first Evil Within on PS4 ? Still not playable even with Boost Mode on PS4 Pro? Is it worth getting on PS4 Pro with boosy mode from this sale?

What's the difference between the Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition and the Dmc4Se Demon Hunter Bundle?

The bundle comes with a load of the currency used to buy skills (so you can basically play with all the abilities for a character from the start), and early unlock for stuff like Bloody Palace, as well as extra costumes, like DMC3 Lady.

It's not essential stuff, but I'd go for it if you can afford it/have enough change on PSN.

weekev

Banned
Tempted by Witcher 3, looks like a great price. Game just doesn't appeal to me for some reason but I know its a GAF darling.

I bought Nonary Games Collection and Dead by Daylight Special Edition. £32 total. For the former I've already played Virtue's Lasr Reward on 3DS and have been wanting to play 999 for many years (it was never released in the UK on DS) and whilst I nearly spat out my drink when I saw the initial £55 price they wanted at first, £20 is good value if 999 is as good as most say it is. I loved VLR so I'm optimistic. Have also (mostly) avoided spoilers aside from the inevitable extra knowledge I have from already completing the sequel (well sequel of a sort anyway).

For the latter I think I'll like it from what I've seen, but I have a question about the DLC. I think I'm right in that there are paid DLC characters, but have I got any of those as part of the special edition? And if not should I get them?

Thanks!

TP-DK

I know Evil Within 2 on PS4 is excellent and we are waiting for proper PS4 Pro patch.
How is the first Evil Within on PS4 ? Still not playable even with Boost Mode on PS4 Pro? Is it worth getting on PS4 Pro with boosy mode from this sale?

It pretty much runs fine with boost mode, though there still is one chapter where the frame rate drops often.

Hostile_18

Banned
Been a PlayStation 2 classic is Code Veronica X actually a worse version that the 360/PS3 version they released a few years back?

Doom and The Evil Within for €19.98.

Bargain.

Doom is the best deal I have ever seen on PS Store (maybe on any store). Like I said before, going from 105 € few months ago to just 12 €.

I really hope they will support PS4 Pro since they will support XB O X and there is a great margin of improvements, especially if the game already runs in 1080p at 60 FPS.

Any news about that matter?

Bishop89

Doom is the best deal I have ever seen on PS Store (maybe on any store). Like I said before, going from 105 € few months ago to just 12 €.

I really hope they will support PS4 Pro since they will support XB O X and there is a great margin of improvements, especially if the game already runs in 1080p at 60 FPS.

Any news about that matter?
I love how Bethesda games go cheap real quick.
Wish it was the same for some of the other publishers...

Top Bottom