• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN Plus June offerings: Kingdoms of Amalur, Rayman Origins Vita & Demon's Souls

Tizoc

Neat, I'll finally get to play ICO.

Kingdoms of Amalur looks skippable and I got Demon's Souls years ago. I imported it from the US because it hadn't been announced for Europe at the time, those were the dark days.

Wait...does the PAL version of Demon's Souls have a different trophy list?

IIRC, yes since the game was released by a different publisher per region, it has separate trophy lists.

Sulaco

On the sony web store, when I click on Playstation Plus (top left) it says 1 year's plus is €34.99 (see middle of the page) but when I click it, it says 49.99. Glitch? Or possible special offer price incoming?

nLhSme6.jpg

5th June: Rayman Origins
29th May: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Yessssssssssssss. I wanted to buy KoA for so long, i am glad it´s on plus. What´s the consensus on the game? The other goodies are cherries on top.

Arthea

great! although may be Sony can add in some package of free time too?
I still haven't finished any May's game :(

Glorious. Three more games off my to-buy list. Only downside is that I bought Rayman Origins day one, but oh well. It's a great game, definitely one of the highlights of the launch lineup.

Number45

Glorious. Three more games off my to-buy list. Only downside is that I bought Rayman Origins day one, but oh well. It's a great game, definitely one of the highlights of the launch lineup.
I bought it in the Amazon "£5.96" shenanigans and sold it at a profit months later. Before PS+ so I don't have the save backed up, but my daughters will enjoy playing it through for themselves. :)

Might need to start housekeeping finally though. 32GB master race am cry. :'(

Wozman23

It's months like this that make me question my ancestors' decisions to leave Europe.

I don't understand why there's such a huge disparity stateside. We finally just got Knytt Underground, which I already bought. You'd think with Microsoft doing so well in the US, they'd try to put up more of a fight. Or maybe they've admitted defeat.

I already own Demon's and SotC. Good for people who haven't played these masterpieces yet. I have to wait until July for new stuff.

Duster

According to the combined totals on How Long To Beat this months PS3 games should take about 120 hours to complete.
That would be about 4 hours a day if your wanted to finish them all in June.

Kingdoms of amalur is a loooot of fun and lasts 100's of hours. The whole area is huge. A bit like skyrim but with a different graphical look.

Except by the time you get to 100 hours, you'll be bored of the lame world, crappy side quests and incredibly boring recycled dungeons. It's a decent game but that's about it. It's no Dragon's Dogma.

Definitely recommend people give Kingdoms of Amalur a try, it's "free" so you may as well.

It's a great game and I had a ton of fun with it.

Good games overall this month, it's a shame that I own most of them though.

Leezard

While I play Dragon's Dogma at the moment, I've wanted Amalur for some time. I thought there were no hope for it on PSN+.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Pretty sweet update, I always wanted to try Kingdoms of Amalur but just never got round to picking up a cheap copy. At this point I don't think I have any Vita games that haven't been on PS+, which is making it hard to pick any more up, lol.

Dawg

Except by the time you get to 100 hours, you'll be bored of the lame world, crappy side quests and incredibly boring recycled dungeons. It's a decent game but that's about it. It's no Dragon's Dogma.

I like long games, but these single player rpg's are getting too long if you want 100% :p I like a long game every now and then with a lot of content, but most of them extend the timer to 50-100 hours through boring recycled dungeons, quests and collectibles.

Currently playing through Darksiders 2. Seems to be much longer to the first. Like some dungeons feel too long. Most of these games are fun the first 20 hours, but then it gets tiresome.

blade85

Neo Member

But its....free?

Worth a play though ( I agree, I do enjoy dragons dogma more...)

Arthea

According to the combined totals on How Long To Beat this months PS3 games should take about 120 hours to complete.
That would be about 4 hours a day if your wanted to finish them all in June.

so... 4 months for 1 month games again. My backlog! *sobs*

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Stupid question (that I don't know where to post, but since it's about PS+...):

Let's say I don't have any credit card info on my PSN account (true), and I add 20€ of credit through a PSN Card.
I want to buy a 3 month PS+ subscription, can I do this even without entering credit card info?

I'm asking because Sony mailed me a free code for 30 days of PS+, but it doesn't work and I've been told that it's because I don't have credit card info on my account. And since there are, like, 6 games I want to play next month, for free, I was thinking about getting 3 month of PS+.

Rolf NB

What is this kingdoms of Amalur? I have never heard of it.
"The precursor game to our big MMO" that killed Big Huge Games. Single-player western fantasy RPG romp, semi open world. It's kind of nice.

The demo should still be up on PSN store, so just check it out. The subtitle is "Reckoning" btw.

Tizoc

Stupid question (that I don't know where to post, but since it's about PS+...):

Let's say I don't have any credit card info on my PSN account (true), and I add 20€ of credit through a PSN Card.
I want to buy a 3 month PS+ subscription, can I do this even without entering credit card info?

I'm asking because Sony mailed me a free code for 30 days of PS+, but it doesn't work and I've been told that it's because I don't have credit card info on my account. And since there are, like, 6 games I want to play next month, for free, I was thinking about getting 3 month of PS+.

Yup if you buy 3 months of Plus via PSN Store you won't need a credit card.

PaulLFC

I bought it in the Amazon "£5.96" shenanigans and sold it at a profit months later. Before PS+ so I don't have the save backed up, but my daughters will enjoy playing it through for themselves. :)

Might need to start housekeeping finally though. 32GB master race am cry. :'(
Ha, I did that, bought Dungeon Hunter, Asphalt and Lumines for that price too. Dungeon Hunter and Asphalt were awful, so I traded them in and got enough credit to pay for Wipeout 2048. Bargain :)

I got an email from Sony with a 30day Plus code on it.

If I use it, is there ANYTHING I get to keep after the trial period? (other than anything I get a discount on).

Oh, ok. I just wondered cos it says in big letters about a "complimentary copy of DoA5", but makes no mention of any restrictions... bit misleading.

Top Bottom