• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN SALE - May - 240 items including RE , Deus ex, Stardew Valley & more

Bishop89

There are very little similarities between the two. Stardew Valley is excellent. Bought it full price on release and have no regrets.

so i ended up buying it.

Sunk 3 hours into it already o_O

Will buy re5 tomorrow and will probably double dip on re4 even though there is no reason to....

double dipping re5 too but i love that game and another plat lol

Minamu

Don't recall anything of note in the Digital Deluxe Edition (like with most games out there) and all of the post-release content is multiplayer-oriented, so it's easy to ignore the DLC too. Snapmap is actually fairly decent, plus they've improved some of the limitations that were originally in place for it like a limit on enemy count / resource budget.
I bought the DDE, just as well. Good to hear that the level editor has been improved. I'm super excited :D

Plum

Not sure whether to get Nier: Automata or not.

On one hand, it's cheap and I'd love to play it over the Summer, I also don't have a powerful PC at the moment (but will soon)
On the other hand, the performance issues in the Open-World sections on Pro worry me

Hmmm....

I've bought NeiR and am tempted by RE7 but just wondering are there loads of jump scares or is the horror element more subtle than that?

Ferr986

It's as Ubisoft as you'd expect from an open world Ubisoft game. Many are turned off by that idea. I know I am.

Only bought RE5 so far, I may get RE0 too, never finished that one during its GC release. Got to some bat (?) boss that grabs Rebecaa and all I kept hearing was 'BILLY!' and then stopped for some reason.

Ubisoft games wished it had Horizon combat.

Horizon bow combat and enemies are the best in an open world game since Dragon's Dogma. That's what's Horizon is about, not collectibles.

Bishop89

It's as Ubisoft as you'd expect from an open world Ubisoft game. Many are turned off by that idea. I know I am.

Only bought RE5 so far, I may get RE0 too, never finished that one during its GC release. Got to some bat (?) boss that grabs Rebecaa and all I kept hearing was 'BILLY!' and then stopped for some reason.
Have you played horizon?

Bento

Would Metal Gear Solid 5 be worth buying for someone that hasn't played a game in the series since 3? It's so goddamn cheap but I'm somewhat wary of it an being open world after having just finished the-not-so-excellent FFXV.

Freeman76

On one hand, it's cheap and I'd love to play it over the Summer, I also don't have a powerful PC at the moment (but will soon)
On the other hand, the performance issues in the Open-World sections on Pro worry me

Hmmm....

Its a superb game, really. I played through 4 times on PRO, the issues never bothered me once and I can be quite put-off by dodgy performance.

Soulja

Would Metal Gear Solid 5 be worth buying for someone that hasn't played a game in the series since 3? It's so goddamn cheap but I'm somewhat wary of it an being open world after having just finished the-not-so-excellent FFXV.

The game play is excellent but the story telling is very poor compared to previous mgs games.

Freeman76

Is superb, there is good reason it is so highly rated. Outside of GAF its practically universally acclaimed. The only real downside is the way Konami treated Kojima, but he is fine and his next game will probably sell millions anyway ;) Buy it dude!

Liamc723

Is superb, there is good reason it is so highly rated. Outside of GAF its practically universally acclaimed. The only real downside is the way Konami treated Kojima, but he is fine and his next game will probably sell millions anyway ;) Buy it dude!

I'm not getting into it in this thread, but you're absolutely wrong.

ramyeon

For what it's worth I thought the storytelling was fantastic, just very different from what people expect from Metal Gear.

SMG

And the forced filler towards the end, and the end, and the drab lifeless charters and poorly told story.
The open world stealth gameplay was good, but I like MGS for its attitude, style, OTT dramatics and V was bad for that.

For what it's worth I thought the storytelling was fantastic, just very different from what people expect from Metal Gear.

Finish mission > Teammate gets tortured by other teammate with me watching on > have victim with me next mission with it never being mentioned in anyway again.

RAWRferal

You cannot miss this game. Yeah the open world is completely unnecessary, but it's easily the best game in the series in terms of gameplay - almost faultless in that regard.

You sir are very much in the minority on that.

ramyeon

You cannot miss this game. Yeah the open world is completely unnecessary, but it's easily the best game in the series in terms of gameplay - almost faultless in that regard.

You sir are very much in the minority on that.
On here, yeah. I enjoyed the tapes and how the story was delivered that way. Honestly the only thing I wish was different about the game is the cut content.

It's my game of the generation. Nothing else comes close in terms of mechanical depth and freedom to approach a task. Story is light by Metal Gear standards but its still far more engaging than a lot of games released this gen. The cutscenes are incredibly well presented.

All that and it's 60fps 1080p. £7.99 is a steal.

k1t4j

I just bought Warhammer: Vermintide and X-com2.

Warhammer is crashing... a lot... In menus, in lobbies, while joining a match, during a match... what the fuck?

I'm reinstalling it again to make sure nothing was corrupted while downloading, because the state of this game like this, is utterly ridiculous.

data

Warhammer is crashing... a lot... In menus, in lobbies, while joining a match, during a match... what the fuck?

I'm reinstalling it again to make sure nothing was corrupted while downloading, because the state of this game like this, is utterly ridiculous.

xcom 2 won't be that great of an experience either

Ive put a lot of hours into XCOM 2 and it's a great game marred by some technical issues. The loading times are an issue and I'm not sure why the fps is so bad. But it is fully playable from start to finish and I've not had many crashes.

Save after every mission though.

lazydom

Vermintide seems almost unplayable, had one good session with it, every other time I've played​ it crashes. Shame as it seems like a fun game

Hmmm....

I've watched a couple of Nier PC streams and it seems to crash and run into bugs (like random cutscene skipping) a hell of a lot more than I experienced on the Pro. Maybe it was just their configurations messing something up but it's something to keep in mind.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Mad Max is not good.. please avoid. It is the definition of tedium and averageness

It's got it's positives: The setting is used to great effect with a bleak atmosphere, the car combat is a lot of fun, the story is above average and it leads into Fury Road rather well.

The repetitive copy/paste open-world side content is as bad as they come though, aside from the main missions, there are about 5 different activities which you will be asked to do about 20-30 times each.

Yes, just make sure to play Ground Zeroes first.

MrCow

finally bought Stardew Valley. I've been playing it every night so far, it's great. I even inspired my girlfriend to pick up Harvest Moon in DS and play next to me.

Vermintide seems almost unplayable, had one good session with it, every other time I've played​ it crashes. Shame as it seems like a fun game

If the game is that bad is it worth contacting Sony to see if you can get a refund?

Mad Max is not good.. please avoid. It is the definition of tedium and averageness

On the contrary I really liked it. Mainly because the driving is loads of fun and I liked the environment, even if it was a bit too large at times. I thought the handling was excellent and the vehicle upgrades really satisfying, although it's annoying how some are locked behind side missions. Vehicle combat is really fun too, although mainly later in the game when you've got tons of upgrades and you're more powerful. I liked the on-foot stuff too, although found it pretty difficult later in the game and they throw a bit too many enemies at you in some areas. On the whole though I really liked it (the plot was nonsense and easily ignorable), I loved the environment and I'd say it's worth a tenner if whoever's interested likes the look of the footage on YouTube.

Yes, just make sure to play Ground Zeroes first.

I did play Ground Zeroes but I didn't really like it and I didn't pay any attention to the plot (mainly because I didn't know any of the characters who seemed to be so important due to not playing Peace Walker). Should I refresh myself with the plot from YouTube before I play MGSV?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I did play Ground Zeroes but I didn't really like it and I didn't pay any attention to the plot (mainly because I didn't know any of the characters who seemed to be so important due to not playing Peace Walker). Should I refresh myself with the plot from YouTube before I play MGSV?

I would recommend you watch a recap of Peace Walker at least before you play MGSV, if you are not gonna play GZ again then watch a recap of that too. You can enjoy MGSV without these, as it is a lot of fun, but 30 mins or so of recaps will go a long way.

Btw are you saying that you didn't like GZ or didn't like the plot/characters? If you didn't enjoy playing GZ then you probably won't enjoy MGSV either. It's much bigger in scope but the basic gameplay is the same, mechanically they are identical.

giphy.gif

xrnzaaas

I enjoyed Mad Max very much despite major technical problems on the PS4 (which should now be mostly fixed). It's not a game that can surprise with something new after 10 or 20 hours, but it's still a lot of fun.

Intel_89

Mad Max pissed me off because I went for the "pointless" platinum and the game glitched on me making it impossible to achieve after sinking about 60+ hours and being really close to actually doing it.
The game is alright though, I liked the driving physics and car upgrading aspects, fighting was OK, missions were eh.

I would recommend you watch a recap of Peace Walker at least before you play MGSV, if you are not gonna play GZ again then watch a recap of that too. You can enjoy MGSV without these, as it is a lot of fun, but 30 mins or so of recaps will go a long way.

Btw are you saying that you didn't like GZ or didn't like the plot/characters? If you didn't enjoy playing GZ then you probably won't enjoy MGSV either. It's much bigger in scope but the basic gameplay is the same, mechanically they are identical.

Nah, the gameplay was fine; I just didn't like the plot or the structure. I'm aware of everyone's criticisms of MGSV, and I'm more interested in playing it to muck about with its gameplay options!

Mad Max pissed me off because I went for the "pointless" platinum and the game glitched on me making it impossible to achieve after sinking about 60+ hours and being really close to actually doing it.
The game is alright though, I liked the driving physics and car upgrading aspects, fighting was OK, missions were eh.

I hit a glitch after probably 20-25 hours in the third territory (Pinkeye, I think?) and couldn't go into some tunnel to collect a vehicle. Tried searching all around, tried going above ground, around the back etc, but I could not access the area I needed to. I'd had a good time with the game overall and wasn't unhappy about leaving it there. I would never go for the Plat though as there's too many side activities and pointless stuff for my tastes.

Osla

Neo Member
I'm looking at forma8, which seems right up my alley. But maybe I should wait for the Switch port, even though it hasn't been officially announced yet.

Any experiences on Vita? Does it have cross-save with PS4?

Freeman76

Nah, the gameplay was fine; I just didn't like the plot or the structure. I'm aware of everyone's criticisms of MGSV, and I'm more interested in playing it to muck about with its gameplay options!

I hit a glitch after probably 20-25 hours in the third territory (Pinkeye, I think?) and couldn't go into some tunnel to collect a vehicle. Tried searching all around, tried going above ground, around the back etc, but I could not access the area I needed to. I'd had a good time with the game overall and wasn't unhappy about leaving it there. I would never go for the Plat though as there's too many side activities and pointless stuff for my tastes.

MGS5 is just a really fun game man. Dont worry about playing anything beforehand, just jump in and fuck around with the systems, its a great sandbox with loads to do.

Intel_89

I was collecting items in camps I think, there are like 300 of them, when I got to the last 20 I started counting them on the world map and realized that for whatever reason I was 2 or 3 short of the exact total. Checked online and this is a known issue that was left unpatched. :|

Top Bottom