• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU: Wario Land Shake Dimension/Shake It! coming to Wii U eShop

maxcriden

Coming this Thursday, April 7th.

tumblr_lrj84iBQqC1qk26dzo1_500.gif

Wario Land: The Shake Dimension (Nintendo, Wii DL) - €19.99/£17.99
Hit the treasure trail and embark on a rescue mission with a difference in Wario Land: The Shake Dimension. When the innocent Queen Merelda is captured, only a hero with determination, strength and courage will be able to rescue her. Enter Wario. He certainly has what it takes to save the day, but not because he cares about the fate of the Queen – he’s only in it for the money!

Legend has it that Queen Merelda’s captor, the ruthless pirate Shake King, is in possession of a wallet that comes with an infinite supply of cash. With his mind on the money, Wario sets out to free the lady in waiting and reap the rewards.

I hope we get it in NA soon, along with Kirby's Epic Yarn. I'd like to turn our physical copy* into a digital copy.

*Speaking of which, we've had the game in our backlog for a year or two but haven't played it. We rented it years ago and couldn't get into it, but picked it up on the cheap because we wanted to give it another shot. Playing KEY made us want to play more Good Feel games. Plus it has gorgeous art and animation. If you've played the game, how did you like it?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Wasn't for me.

Great looking game but the "race to the finish" mechanic at the end made me way too anxious.

Nbz

Easily one of the best platformers I've ever played. If you haven't tried it before, this is a must buy

Eolz

I really like this one. 2nd favorite behind Wario Land
Even if the VB one is great too.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Easily one of the best platformers I've ever played. If you haven't tried it before, this is a must buy

This right here. Unbelievable game. Great animation, controls, and gameplay.

I remember getting pretty far in this game. Did the final boss suck or something? Maybe I quit there. I don't remember it being that hard though.

LewieP

I'd love another one of these with an evolution of this art style, although I'd also like to see Good Feel try and do a clay game, and Wario Land would be as good a series as any to try that with.

I don't think he'd suit Yarn or Wool though.

Intel_89

It's a great game if you bother to do every mission, if you just go through the game casually you might not enjoy it as much. Still, great game from the Kirby Epic Yarn folks.

Kneefoil

Nice! I already have a copy of the game, so I'm likely not going to get it, but here's hoping it does well enough to make Nintendo consider developing another Wario Land.

I know that's a pipe dream, but all Wario Lands I've played have been really enjoyable, so I'd love to see more of them in the near future - especially if they can keep the sprite animations look as gorgeous as they do in this game. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if they started using 3D models instead of sprites in future Wario Land games.

Didn't know about this, but yeah
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shigeharu_Umezaki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good-Feel

For those who don't know, their most recent tile is Yoshi's Wooly World, so you can expect the same level of collecting in this.

Etsunobu Ebisu was the director of Goemon series too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etsunobu_Ebisu

Definitely makes me want to check it out since I'm a Goemon nut and enjoyed pretty much all of the Wario games I've played up until now.

Fandangox

Never got to play this. This and Trauma Center are my Wii U eshop potential gets, aside from Metroid Prime Trilogy which I already got.

jonno394

Would love to but digitally, but feel the price of these wii games in wii u is far too high.

Game was good fun and looked amazing in Action. Can't remeber why I stopped playing though, think I got xenoblade and forgot everything else existed.

Top Bottom