• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer Expo - Battlefield 4 on Xbox One impressions

Counter knifing shouldn't exist. It should only block/parry at best. Knifing means you had the upper hand. It shouldn't mean that the other guy gets a chance to kill you.

Sky78

Banned
Counter knifing shouldn't exist. It should only block/parry at best. Knifing means you had the upper hand. It shouldn't mean that the other guy gets a chance to kill you.

I agree. Maybe give a very small window for a highly timed input after a block (like active reload but even harder to hit) to counter knife. But having it so easy to do is OP.

Kydd BlaZe

Fuuuuuuu

I really don't want to play this on PC (mostly because I prefer using the 360 pad for all of my PC games), but I might have no choice.

Daffy Duck

What did people expect X1 to be better?

It will be interesting to see the difference between the PS3/360 versions compared to the One & PS4 versions.

That will get to show us how much has actually been done for the new consoles.

Wasn't expecting it to be better than PC, that would just be stupid.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It's really weird that texture quality is such a problem on both consoles apparently with the amount of RAM both have inside them. :-/
Maybe it's not that there's too little ram, rather, it takes too long to fill that memory?

Fonz72

So is he saying it looks and plays like BF3 on PC? Cause that is what I am getting from the Tweets.

I am more worried about how it plays on a controller with so many people and large environments. I all ways had issues with sniping in BFBC2.

I can only wish the sniping would return to BC2 style! I loved sniping in that game, but I abhor sniping in BF3.

DericLee

Banned
Gemüsepizza;83789717 said:
I guess it's simply because 32 demo stations don't need as much space as 64 demo stations.

I was going to point this out.

Setting up 64 stations would be a huge hassle.

Laughing_Man__

Neo Member
Nah it is gaf. If a game has 100 positive reviews and one negative you always have people that go "Preorder cancelled!".

Do we have a "PREORDER CANCELLED" gif yet?

PICTURE!

BVGV64bCYAAGKZX.jpg

I can tell you from the Gamescom PS4 build that it ran well, but the texture quality of the environment was kinda poor. I expected more, but then I thought they might still be working on it. On the other hand who knows how much time they had to port this. That these consoles are clearly capable of more has already been shown of by other games.
Cross-gen porting and not optimized for PS4 or Xbone, I'm thinking. The next games can cross off PS3/XB360 support and there will be more experience with the 2 consoles. PC versions can brute force because of better hardware.

Xater

It will be interesting to see the difference between the PS3/360 versions compared to the One & PS4 versions.

That will get to show us how much has actually been done for the new consoles.

Wasn't expecting it to be better than PC, that would just be stupid.

Oh I can tell you that it is definitely superior to the current gen versions, assuming BF3 is any indication. It just didn't blow me away after having played the PC demo at the same event. To me it looks like they might not have had enough time for these ports, some other launch titles just look way better. (Killzone for example which is also running at 60fps)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im guessing we are stuck on another gen where no game takes advantage of AF = anisotropic filtering

thats one thing that really annoyed me with 360 and ps3 games

urge26

urgh.... decisions....

was planning on this being my one launch title for the PS4, but I know I'll have more friends playing it on the Xbox One. But then again there's my pc. GTX 580 SLI, wondering how it would run 1080p.

I am so far really disappointed with all the maps shown. Very bland to be honest. If it wasn't for the fact I ordered a bundle I probably would have cancelled the purchase of it.

"looks pretty good"

"looks very good"

"looks swish"

And multiple comments about solid framerate.

Why ignore the people saying good things?

What? You think it's because it's X1 impressions I chose only those? PS4 is practically same from impressions of muddy textures as well and not even 1080p. Console version of this game getting mixed views with 16v16 only demos... should I be impressed?

Top Bottom