• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Leaked PS4 Slim is legit (bootup video)

Norci7

We'll have to see, it usually doesn't happen. I believe the Xbox One S shows the original console on the update screens, the PS Vita Slim still showed the first model during the introduction video, and so forth.

The Xbox One S shows the new console after the initial update though.

Hmmm, Sony threaten legal action maybe?

13d2jHlSlxklVe.gif

My first impression is that it looks like they shaved some off the top of the original PS4 and flattened it. I can't say that it looks particularly attractive, I might go as far as to say it looks ugly to me at first blush. I hope that the Neo is easier on the eyes.

Despite every complaint about the look of this, to be able to make a PS4 even slimmer than it already is, it's actually a great achievement in itself

I don't know why they didn't think of legal before all of this lol.

Sure they did. Sure they didn't care. They got it out there and waited for the takedown request (not sure what legal basis there actually is to get them to take it down lol, but they don't want to make an enemy I guess).

Well played. Not a Eurogamer fan, but pleased they went through with it.

And now we know it's real, and real ugly.

THE:MILKMAN

I guess legal advice means somebody realized it's clearly stolen goods and it might be a) illegal b) bad karma .

Everyone involved in this has been really naive to be honest. I can't see any way they were obtained legally and that means the guy that bought it could be done for receiving stolen goods.

On another topic...what is the consensus on price? I'm thinking £199 given the 500GB Xbox One S with Fifa 17 is £250 and has 4K Bluray.

thefro

Yeah, clearly this got swiped from a Sony distribution warehouse or container ship since I don't think a store would break street date this early.

I love that this was bought on Gumtree. I hope the guys that went to pick it up took security with them. You get all sorts of weirdos and scammers on there, hah.

I don't like the look of this slim one, prefer the OG. And that they removed some ports. Here's to hoping the Neo looks good.

Is there a PS4 general community thread? I have a question about my system that has been bothering me for a while. Every time I shut down my system completely and boot it back up, it ALWAYS tells me I didn't shut it down correctly and does the scan disk thing.

If you shut it down by pressing down the power button, you didn't do it correctly.

Think along the lines of shutting down a PC. You have to do it via the menu, not the power button.

KingBroly

Banned
Nah Sony is fine with stuff like this they understand there jobs. Only UBI and Zenimax usually do blacklist.

Sony blacklisted Kotaku before. Then they immediately backtracked on it when Kotaku called them out on it. I think it was the original PS3 price cut.

jstripes

Banned
You'd think these people would know better. It's not even out for official release yet.

I doubt they're in any real form of trouble. Reporting on a leak isn't illegal. They probably got a takedown request, and immediately complied. At worst I see them getting blacklisted by PR for a few months.

Now if they were like Gawker and refused, then the lawyers would be working on something that stings a bit more.

The people who are in real trouble though are the ones who let these slip out of the channel. That's gotta be locked down tight with NDAs.

EagleEyes

That is not a very attractive console at all. Just looks a little too cheap for my liking. I can't believe they spaced the usb ports that far apart. They could have at least put one of the usb connections on the back. Plus I can't believe they got rid of the digital optical output on the back, :(

I think they were technically lost in the first phat revision along with hardware emulation of ps2 titles.

Yes. My UK launch day 60gb PS3 lacked hardware emulation, but did have the SD, CF and Memory Stick card readers under the flap next to the disk slot. That was a nice feature that got ditched in favour of cost savings.

ClearData

Despite every complaint about the look of this, to be able to make a PS4 even slimmer than it already is, it's actually a great achievement in itself

I agree with you there. The engineers at Sony are wizards and I am sure having an integrated power supply and a smaller and more power efficient console is no small technical feat. I am merely speaking to what the visual appeal of the console is to me. It seems I am not alone in this thread in not being in love with it. I am sure there are others who do like it and that is fine too.

Man that thing is hideous. From how nice the ps4 regular looks this thing is absolutely nasty looking. Also if it doesn't have a 4K bluray this thing better be significantly cheaper than the XboxS that is priced at $299.

It's not worse than the last PS3 revision, but it's the worst looking console released over the past 10 or so years other than that.

That is not a very attractive console at all. Just looks a little too cheap for my liking. I can't believe they spaced the usb ports that far apart. They could have at least put one of the usb connections on the back. Plus I can't believe they got rid of the digital optical output on the back, :(

If the hideousness didn't seal the deal, this did.

Shiggy

My antivirus blocked an attack from that site you used. I am not accusing you of anything but I want to let people know if they are going to try to watch that video.

Only used that site because Dailymotion won't let me update my password. Based on Google Safe Browsing and AVG, the site is good to go though. Any suggestion for a different (and potentially more safe) video portal?

ClearData

Only used that site because Dailymotion won't let me update my password. Based on Google Safe Browsing and AVG, the site is good to go though. Any suggestion for a different (and potentially more safe) video portal?

Other than YouTube and Dailymotion I am not too familiar with video upload sites. But thank you for checking the security data. Maybe someone just planted something in the ads because Norton definitely blocked an intrusion attempt when I hit play.

Shiggy

Other than YouTube and Dailymotion I am not too familiar with video upload sites. But thank you for checking the security data. Maybe someone just planted something in the ads because Norton definitely blocked an intrusion attempt when I hit play.

Another user just said the same as you. So I deleted the link. I have an ad blocker though, so perhaps that's why I didn't notice anything.

gamerMan

Dang Sony copying Microsoft, though that thing is so ugly. I hope Sony goes all out and copies the Scorpio's 7 teraflops.

Top Bottom