• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Nintendo Switch to get Pokémon Sun and Moon third version: Pokemon Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty sure people will buy it two times or just wait to get it on switch.

I think a lot of people will get it on Switch too but if 10 million units have been shipped on 3DS it feels like a lot of Pokemon fans will already have the game. We'll see though, they could really mix things up with camera control and exclusive third version extras.

13ruce

Banned
Brilliant, I've missed the old expanded and remixed third pokemon titles, and hopefully I'll be able to pick up a nice pokemon themed Switch in the next 12+ months.

Same finally a Pokemon game with some cool post game content again, i really hope the frontier comes back again.

valouris

Welp, it's over, Switch sales are going to be just fine compared to WiiU and GC. We'll see about compared to DS/3DS though.

Dystify

To those saying you'll skip it on 3DS and get the Switch version... You're gonna have to wait a whole year for that. I'll probably double dip.

After two generations of not having a third version they're bringing it back?
tbf, BW2 are basically enhanced third versions, the only real difference between BW2 and the hypothetical Grey is the completely new (as opposed to modified) story and the fact that there are two games, not one.

LordRaptor

I don't know what more evidence you could need that the Switch is a successor to the 3DS then, for those people still thinking this isn't their new portable line.

marmoka

Banned
Expected! I knew it!

First mainline Pokemon game in HD! For home console (and handheld or course). Finally Nintendo listened to fans and made the dream reality.

But I am not a Pokemon fan, so I shouldn't care that much. Or do I?

Clefargle

This will be key to the success of Switch. Can see this being a MASSIVE holiday title if done correctly. Expect 10m copies at minimum sold over lifetime. Will definitely set the switch up for success and create a massive initial install base. Great job on nintendo's part and now their figure of 20m in the first year sounds possible.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I wonder what is even left at this point. Even the pricing leaked. I guess OS reveal so we can see if that nikkei report about it running android was true.

There is a lot left to unveil - Virtual Console, Online/Account system in general, Share-Button options, more exclusive games like the Retro Project or in general japanese 3rdParty support.

These leaks are most. def. coming from Nintendo themselves to keep us talking about Switch until the event - but they arent leaking the mayor bombs before the event.

Strings

Are we seriously excited that they're going to give us basically the same game and miss launch?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

Great news, made the tough choice to skip the 3DS version and wait for this.

When this and or Zelda are ready I think I will jump in. Hopefully they're close to one another.

trugs26

I was debating whether I should get Pokemon Sun or wait for a potential Switch version. This article has solidified my decision to wait.

wrowa

Did all of the Nintendo Ninjas retire after Iwata passed away? It's crazy how leaky Nintendo has become in recent months. At this point I'm starting to doubt that Nintendo will be able to keep any surprises hidden until January.

trixx

To those saying you'll skip it on 3DS and get the Switch version... You're gonna have to wait a whole year for that. I'll probably double dip.

meh not even that hyped for it and barely have time. Plus xbone sales could hold me until then

MCD

If true I might finally go back to Pokémon. I tried numerous times with handheld systems just not for me anymore.

Switch + TV dock + Pokémon = SWEET.

NSESN

I don't want to be a company apologist but i don't like the timing of this leak. if they don't care about the success of the normal versions why not reveal this earlier, if they care, why reval it tobegin with?

Shahed

Being able to finally play Pokemon on a TV might make me jump back in the series again. Kind of passed on it since Crystal

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
tbf, BW2 are basically enhanced third versions, the only real difference between BW2 and the hypothetical Grey is the completely new (as opposed to modified) story and the fact that there are two games, not one.

Yes, but that made it far less of a fuck you to buyers of BW1.

Randomizer

Wow at everyone already saying they will skip the 3DS version now. Not a very good time to release this news, now was it Eurogamer?

Neoxon

People who said Pokemon Sun and Moon wouldn't come to Switch is going to eat their hats.
I thought this early on, but kinda moved back on it when I remembered what happened with Crystal (I'm surprised it didn't click in my memory, sooner).

Either way, I'm glad I held off on buying Sun/Moon now. I guess I can skip out on the n3DS Black Friday deal, too.

Neiteio

Pokémon Stars, eh? Bet it will have a new alternate form of
Necrozma
on the cover. New regional forms and Mega Evolutions, too.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Are we seriously excited that they're going to give us basically the same game and miss launch?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

How is this the sa.....ah nvm - this is another Splatoon/MK Switch are just ports situation when in fact they seem to be adding alot to these titles for the Switch release.

Then again even IF Stars was just the same game enough people would be hyped to get a mainline RPG in HD for the big screen. The fact that its Switch only and they are still working on it suggest that its will be more than just a quick port.

Wow at everyone already saying they will skip the 3DS version now. Not a very good time to release this news, now was it Eurogamer?

Everyone = a handful Gaffer when millions of people already purchased the game.

I get what you are saying but only the most hardcore people will even know or care about this news. Stars wont be out for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom