• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of don't trust anyone

Who will win the next game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Ottoman proving once again that he's a Terminator, a learning computer.

40 years spent to earn three provinces, which are promptly razed. Now that's worth it.
You can't put a price on destroying the Ottomans.

Sadly Genoa imploded and most of the Crimean and all of the Anatolian lands they had were lost. But at least the Ottomans have 30 loans.

Kabouter

I missed what his long term plan was though, is he not going to reform government? How would he keep up in tech? Burning surely isn't going to suffice for that, plus horde unity would be a huge problem eventually.

He doesn't have a long-term plan for that game, he just wants to play Aq. He'll probably stop when he feels it's too easy for him to beat up various enemies.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a world championship of EU4 going or what is happening here?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Sorry for bad quality but taken from paradox stream

COLUMBUS WAS RIGHT!
baTUbDd.jpg

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
AAR: Sardinia-Piemonte

Lost heavily the coalition war when too many other nations bailed out, so had to give up Lucca, Modena, Corsica and one of Naples provinces to Tuscany, and then release Ragusa as a free nation, which was a pretty sucky start. We then finished integrating Croatia, made war against Bosnia for Bosnia, which we used to create Serbia, and then took two more catalonian cores from Aragon. Catalonia was then integrated. In the end we finally returned peace to Siena which we lost way back in our first coalition war, did the same to Ragusa, and gave Serbia the three Montenegrian provinces they had stole from them. So while I went into the last couple of rounds with an ambition of strengthening my position in Italy, I am only getting weaker there, while advancing in the balkans and Iberia.

Provinces lost: Lucca, Modena, Corsica, Ragusa, Regio Calabria (from Naples)
Provinces gained: Ragusa, Siena
Provinces gained for vassals: Girona and one more for Catalonia, Hum, Montenegro, Bosnia and one for more Serbia
Vassals integrated: Croatia, Catalonia

Uzzy

Brandenburg AAR:

You play 482 hours of something and you think that maybe you understand the game, then you realise you don't understand shit.

So the game started with Sweden finishing the war with Denmark, and in the process giving me back the province of Luneburg. For what must be the tenth time, that province traded hands.

Saxony and Pomerania then decided that now was a great time to attack me. I feared the worst, knowing that my Swedish allies had in the past sat at home going bork bork bork rather than helping, but my fears were misplaced. The Swedish-Lithuania Commonwealth came to my aid, smashing the Saxons and the Pomeranians, allowing me to humiliate them both, break their alliances, grab money and reparations and recover my cores, Anhalt, Potsdam and Kolberg. Finally, some progress! Getting up to three figures in development even.

I then sat around waiting for the Bohemian king to die, so I'd win the electoral vote. I had four electors onside, he had three. Then the Hansa struck against Verden, one of my electors, and annexed them. No matter, Gelre was given the electorate and was fairly friendly, so I sent a diplomat over to politely explain how awesome I was, and eventually they decided to vote for me. So things were back on track.

Until the Hansa joined in a war against Gelre, and Gelre ended up being annexed by Utrecht. The seventh electoral spot was given to Oldenburg. Who liked Cleves for the Emperorship. Suddenly the votes were 3 to Bohemia, 2 to me and 2 to Cleves. So my diplomats frantically worked to improve relations with both Oldenburg and Cleves, and were about to convince them when Bohemia's king died and his 22 year old heir ascended to the imperial throne.

He died in January 1591. Had he hung on until August of that year, I'd have gotten the votes. I almost smashed my keyboard in frustration.

Then I discovered that like Jon Snow, I know nothing. A war broke out between one of my allies and Cologne, and I got called in to defend them. Naturally I accepted and started beating on Pomerania, who had joined in on the opposing side. Cologne marched through the Berlin wall to attack my army and stackwipe me.

Seriously, explain this. I have no clue. Zones of Control? What are they?

Oh, and the Teutons finally fell to the Reformed faith and formed Prussia in the process, magically taking my province of Neumark. For some reason. Worse than that, they stole my waifu.

Provinces Gained: Luneburg, Anhalt, Potsdam, Kolberg.

Kabouter

Few things are quite so scary as lucky Ming, I experienced this playing as Malaya a few games back. In my case, they were westernized on top of that lol

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm happy that mamluks are stealing the spotlight. Because the last 2 sessions has been mediocre at best.

Falling behind in mil tech sucks.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I tested this in single player and as long as you don't own Neumark anyone can go through Berlin. I guess zone of control only applies to owned provinces.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I tested this in single player and as long as you don't own Neumark anyone can go through Berlin. I guess zone of control only applies to owned provinces.

Correct, although I believe that's changing in the next patch.

Uzzy

I owned Neumark though. It was only when Prussia formed that I magically lost it for no reason.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Mamluks AAR

I started the session by expanding South-East, taking Marehan as a Vassal, inheriting their war against Kaffa, and expanding them a bit further south into Mutapa. Then I helped Persia reclaim all the Persian cores that Timur the Lame had shamelessly stolen from them. I ended the session by undertaking a pretty big and conclusive war against the Ottomans, Sind and Morocco, where the Ottoman Army were completely destroyed, and in which Constantinople and it's neighboring provinces were transferred to the slightly more pius Sunnis of the Levant. A pretty glorious session for the Mamluks, even though I messed up the peace deal a bit (wanted to finish it before session was over, and we running overtime), which had me running at 137% OE for a few minutes before I could sell two provinces to Karaman. :p

Next session I'll have to work on integrating some vassals, and expand and set up the Constantinople trade node, it will probably be worth rearranging trade from Aleppo and Alexandria to it once I relocate my trade capital.

It was also fun to see glorious Marehan invading China in the Ming-Japanese war!

Morfeo

Brandenburg AAR:

You play 482 hours of something and you think that maybe you understand the game, then you realise you don't understand shit.

So the game started with Sweden finishing the war with Denmark, and in the process giving me back the province of Luneburg. For what must be the tenth time, that province traded hands.

Saxony and Pomerania then decided that now was a great time to attack me. I feared the worst, knowing that my Swedish allies had in the past sat at home going bork bork bork rather than helping, but my fears were misplaced. The Swedish-Lithuania Commonwealth came to my aid, smashing the Saxons and the Pomeranians, allowing me to humiliate them both, break their alliances, grab money and reparations and recover my cores, Anhalt, Potsdam and Kolberg. Finally, some progress! Getting up to three figures in development even.

I then sat around waiting for the Bohemian king to die, so I'd win the electoral vote. I had four electors onside, he had three. Then the Hansa struck against Verden, one of my electors, and annexed them. No matter, Gelre was given the electorate and was fairly friendly, so I sent a diplomat over to politely explain how awesome I was, and eventually they decided to vote for me. So things were back on track.

Until the Hansa joined in a war against Gelre, and Gelre ended up being annexed by Utrecht. The seventh electoral spot was given to Oldenburg. Who liked Cleves for the Emperorship. Suddenly the votes were 3 to Bohemia, 2 to me and 2 to Cleves. So my diplomats frantically worked to improve relations with both Oldenburg and Cleves, and were about to convince them when Bohemia's king died and his 22 year old heir ascended to the imperial throne.

He died in January 1591. Had he hung on until August of that year, I'd have gotten the votes. I almost smashed my keyboard in frustration.

Then I discovered that like Jon Snow, I know nothing. A war broke out between one of my allies and Cologne, and I got called in to defend them. Naturally I accepted and started beating on Pomerania, who had joined in on the opposing side. Cologne marched through the Berlin wall to attack my army and stackwipe me.

Oh, and the Teutons finally fell to the Reformed faith and formed Prussia in the process, magically taking my province of Neumark. For some reason. Worse than that, they stole my waifu.

Provinces Gained: Luneburg, Anhalt, Potsdam, Kolberg.

I really feel bad for you Uzzy, your game is going even worse then mine lol, and it seems luck is never on your side.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I had an event fire that I've never seen before. My Regency Council ended prematurely on an Heir death (I think?), and I got a new ruler (6-4-0).

A short while afterwards (almost immediately) I got an event, which I think was linked in description to some sort of Islamic School or something), that boosted his military skill to 2.

Does anybody know what that event was?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Also, I had an event fire that I've never seen before. My Regency Council ended prematurely on an Heir death (I think?), and I got a new ruler (6-4-0).

A short while afterwards (almost immediately) I got an event, which I think was linked in description to some sort of Islamic School or something), that boosted his military skill to 2.

Does anybody know what that event was?

No but I've had something similar in my single player game.

Uzzy

I really feel bad for you Uzzy, your game is going even worse then mine lol, and it seems luck is never on your side.

It's all good! It's teaching me a lot about paitence.

Also, I think I figured out what's wrong with Neumark. A few sessions ago, Burgundy was beating on Pomerania and forced them to return their core province of Neumark, to the Teutons. However, Red didn't intend for that to happen, he intended for the province to be returned to me.

So I think at this point, Robo edited the save to give me Neumark. But what if the game still thinks Neumark is owned by the Teutons? In that case, then enemy armies would be able to walk past Berlin, and the province would change when the Teutons tag switched to Prussia.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So I think at this point, Robo edited the save to give me Neumark. But what if the game still thinks Neumark is owned by the Teutons? In that case, then enemy armies would be able to walk past Berlin, and the province would change when the Teutons tag switched to Prussia.

Yes, Red asked me to do this, since it was a mistake, and I didn't see anyone objecting to it. I tried my best, having never edited a save file before. :p I searched for "Neumark" and changed "owner=TEU" to "owner=BRA"

Maybe that wasn't enough?

edit: ok, Kab just pm'd me how to do this properly in the in-game console, so I'll fix it before next round.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
1.14 is live now

I'd like to stay on 1.13 and continue this MP round until Christmas holiday (I think Dec 20 would be the last possible session on my end) if everyone is up for it.

what say ye?

Morfeo

I am ready to stay on the current if the new one makes our save unplayable. Do I need to do anything special to avoid upgrading though?

Also, I guess the game has progressed enough so that we should be able to start rating players and countries etc, and also revamp the system a bit for next round. What do you guys think?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I am ready to stay on the current if the new one makes our save unplayable. Do I need to do anything special to avoid upgrading though?

Also, I guess the game has progressed enough so that we should be able to start rating players and countries etc, and also revamp the system a bit for next round. What do you guys think?

Either turn off automatic update for EU4 or roll back to 1.13 in beta options if the game already updated

Fitz

Hopefully I'm just being an idiot, but it seems like they've fucked zone of control. Apparently this is the fastest route from Tikhivin to Beloozero, only other province that army is allowed to move to is Novgorod.

edit: ofc it's clear what's happening, Novgorod fort ZoC is what's causing the problems, but not being able to move from occupied land backward to my own province, away from the fort? Dodgy as hell.

edit edit: fuck, I can't play this until they stop the game un-pausing automatically after closing pop-ups that just paused the game.

They made it so that you cannot leave enemy forts' zones of control, yeah. I'll bring up your issue with DDRJake, though.

Edit: It's working as intended. Enemy ZOCs will affect your own provinces as well.

Fitz

Yeah, I get what's happening, in that I've entered the Novgorod fort ZoC, and thus can only move back where the army came from. But that I can't move the army away from the enemy fort into my own territory where there's no other forts involved, and instead have to take some weird route miles around feels horrible and not at all intuitive.

Not intuitive maybe, but it was done so that forts at borders have more meaning, essentially, and that you can't just skirt around them.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Should we try starting at 21pm tonight as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom