• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision GAF

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Absolute travesty. The best actual song finished dead last, and the difference in votes for Israel between the juries and the public was quite something.

Let's do it again next year!

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Again, another year, another fucking rigged Eurovision by the goddamn jury.

Switzerland was ok'ish, should've been in the top 15. But top 1? Fuck no.

Croatia was robbed. It was the best. Estonia too, second best.
Listening to his victory singing, yeah I don't get it.

RaduN

First off, who doesn't sing in english in a show like this, can fuck off imo. Especially if you sing in some fucking bulgarian, romanian (my native) or nordic or some other piece of shit language.
2nd, this kid from Swiss has a very good voice and sang the song exceptionally. The song is shit though. I gues that skirt sealed the deal or something.

Latvia had the best song in the contest, easily. And Hitman sang it flawlessly too, and without some fucking explosions in the background.

But the peasants want a sex show and kitsch, not music, so there you go.

tommib

First off, who doesn't sing in english in a show like this, can fuck off imo. Especially if you sing in some fucking bulgarian, romanian (my native) or nordic or some other piece of shit language.
Will Ferrell Comedy GIF by Red Giant

2nd, this kid from Swiss has a very good voice and sang the song exceptionally. The song is shit though. I gues that skirt sealed the deal or something.

Latvia had the best song in the contest, easily. And Hitman sang it flawlessly too, and without some fucking explosions in the background.

But the peasants want a sex show and kitsch, not music, so there you go.

I want more power tools on stage

Latvian Marcel Pavel is technically gifted but it's not 1973 anymore

FatallyYours

Gold Member
Wasn't a fan of Croatia, felt very crowd pleaser anthem in a stadium.

I thought France was good, but overall very mid show.
I fully admit I'm a rocker, so anything even with a hint of rock in it I'm biased towards, hence me liking half of Irelands song and Norway too

But, should be proud that Isreal makes some decent songs, and they produce some top notch sexy humans. Last few shows you've sent out some top quality ladies and gents, and the *decent minded* population of Europe likes you

Where as the UK.... 🙃

FatallyYours

Gold Member
Who is we?
We is the UK, but looking at it, the sentance could be most of Europe these days, half of us are being dick heads to each other

We need a proper big fight again to get us all together. Preferably not in France this time. I hear Ukraines lovely this time of year 💪🏻😅

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I fully admit I'm a rocker, so anything even with a hint of rock in it I'm biased towards, hence me liking half of Irelands song and Norway too

But, should be proud that Isreal makes some decent songs, and they produce some top notch sexy humans. Last few shows you've sent out some top quality ladies and gents, and the *decent minded* population of Europe likes you

Where as the UK.... 🙃

Dick Jones

Gold Member
We're just going to get the usual sob story in the British media about it, with people telling him it's okay and how great he tried.

I fancy calling up and just telling him he's shit and can't sing.
I was surprised he didn't learn from the difficulties that surfaced in the semi-final free shot. The choreography was fine but the sound was well off. The nul points was for being off musically, the other artists might have had shit songs but they mainly sounded better.

The question is how will Britain take it. They thought the 2003 nul point was for the Iraq war but it was for Jemini being vocally challenged.

FatallyYours

Gold Member
We're just going to get the usual sob story in the British media about it, with people telling him it's okay and how great he tried.

I fancy calling up and just telling him he's shit and can't sing.
Like a child who brings a picture home from school, and the cat is the size of the house , it's fucking shit mate, its going in the bin and youre never allowed to draw (or sing) again 😆

I think he was concentrating on trying to hit his marks with the routine, and forgot to sing well? Had a really weak voice. We got pity votes from the judges, the public showed us what they thought. A big pile of UK shit. Again 🙄

Peggies

Gold Member
We is the UK, but looking at it, the sentance could be most of Europe these days, half of us are being dick heads to each other

We need a proper big fight again to get us all together. Preferably not in France this time. I hear Ukraines lovely this time of year 💪🏻😅
Haha true! Everyone hates everyone here at the moment. Nothing a good old war can't fix.

I thought you might bei Austrian too. We have no friends either 😞.

Artoris

Gold Member
Again, another year, another fucking rigged Eurovision by the goddamn jury.

Switzerland was ok'ish, should've been in the top 15. But top 1? Fuck no.

Croatia was robbed. It was the best. Estonia too, second best.
'Again, another year, another fucking rigged Eurovision by the goddamn jury.'
No this one was rigged like no other we are in very uncertain times now.
or is this the last cusp of woke

Last edited:

Tams

Like a child who brings a picture home from school, and the cat is the size of the house , it's fucking shit mate, its going in the bin and youre never allowed to draw (or sing) again 😆

I think he was concentrating on trying to hit his marks with the routine, and forgot to sing well? Had a really weak voice. We got pity votes from the judges, the public showed us what they thought. A big pile of UK shit. Again 🙄

It's the endless drivel of 'Why didn't the UK do well?', 'What can the UK do to win?', 'Where did it go wrong for the UK?', etc.

And in not a single one of them, year after year (apart from when we do well - like Sam Ryder), thry are either too scared or too stupid to say it's because our entry was just plain shit, with poor musical skills and drama no one wants.

Artoris

Gold Member
It's the endless drivel of 'Why didn't the UK do well?', 'What can the UK do to win?', 'Where did it go wrong for the UK?', etc.

And in not a single one of them, year after year (apart from when we do well - like Sam Ryder), thry are either too scared or too stupid to say it's because our entry was just plain shit, with poor musical skills and drama no one wants.
if it makes you happy: it was all shit

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Holland banned from the final.

Fuck the dutch
Once i invited a dutch guy at a party.
He took a shit in my kitchen sink while eating a stroopwaffle.

He planted tulips in my toilet.
Made cheese out of my dog.
And tried to smoke weed using my curtains as a wrapping paper.

Do not trust the dutch
They will appear as floating heads occassionally.

I am calling it

Too bad you called out the wrong one, deviant. You WILL like a non-binary act. YOU WILL.

What i never find not entertaining is how the UK year in year out pays top Euro to be in the final, only to strand with so very little points.

The UK has sent Engelbert Fookin Humperdinck. You can't go wrong after Engelbert Fookin Humperdinck.

Top Bottom