• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever been attacked on the street?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
PhoenixDark said:
When I was nine I lived in Detroit, and our block was pretty bad. A bunch of bad kids lived a few houses down from me, and my dad always told me not to go over there. But every day during the summer I'd ride past their house on my bike. One day one of them blocked my way and said I needed to stop harassing their little sister

Creep: stay away from my sista
Me: Huh? I don't know what you're talking about, I'm just riding my bicycle
Creep: you do too ya dirty ass nicca
Me: Excuse me?
Creep: Mess with her again and imma fuck you up son

I had seen their sister a couple times but had never talked to her or given her any looks. And being the dumbass that I was, I decided to ride my bike past their house the next day. And the next day. Each time they'd yell stuff at me, and eventually I'd start yelling back. My little brother (who was 5 at the time) told my parents that I was riding past the "bad house", so I got in trouble and was told not to ride that way again.

So what did I do the next day? I got on my bike and started riding down that way. This time my little brother followed me on his tricycle, yelling "Re Re daddy said no!" I ignored him and came up to the house, but this time a couple of the kids from the house ran in front of me and grabbed my bike. They threw it on the ground then started pushing me

Creep: nigga what I say?
Me: Leave me alone, it's not your street
Creep: this is MY block son
Me: I don't see your ugly face on it
Creep: Oh hell naw

I was wearing a helmet, and one of them grabbed me by the strap and slammed me right into the sidewalk. At that point my brother started crying and telling them to leave me alone, and I told him to run home and get my dad.

Little brother: *crying*
Me: MARTIN GO GET DAD
Little brother: *crying*
Me: GO GET HIM

They dragged me onto the curve, threw my bike in the street, and started slamming my head into the ground; my helmet blunted most of the blows, but it still hurt. Eventually my brother sped off, but 5 minutes later I was still getting my ass beat with no help in sight. Cars were just driving by, and no neighbors were out. Finally they pulled my helmet off and slapped me with it, then their sister came out and laughed at me as I lay on the ground crying; I've had trouble with women ever since

When I got home my brother was hiding under the bed crying. :(

Damn PD sorry to hear that happened, were you anrgy at your brother for not being able to reach your father in time?

notsol337

marked forever
I got picked on by a group of 5 people on the bus home from school once (public transport = ew) and they decided to follow me home, but I guess a 14 year old is pretty intimidating when he comes back outside with a pump action shotgun, racks the slide, and says "Who's first"?

Never seen people run like that before!

Ronok

ghst said:
A few times, worst was when a gang (6 guys maybe) jumped me outside an empty train station in Camden. They cornered me inside the station, I managed to break out to street level but they had a couple waiting at the entrance who grabbed me. Kept saying shit about how they were gonna cut me, and if i give them all my stuff it might not be as bad. In the fucking chaos and panic there was a moment when only one was holding my arm - and i was next to a main road - so i saw my chance and shoved a receipt into his other hand, said "that's a twenty thats all i've got" and in the second he looked down at it i broke his grip and ran straight into the middle of a busy four lane road, running for my fucking life until i caught up with a bus and just jumped on.

And just tonight, some cunt lifted my Ipod from my bag while it was in the cloakroom. There are some real fucking scum in London.

Kowak said:
I have cousins who live in Queens Cresent, Kentish Town. Thats a rough area. My cousin was arrested a couple years back for kicking some dudes head in on CCTV.

Rest of Queens Cresent/Camden gaf

I love just a bit north of Camden town in Belsize Park, it's pretty nice up here and the further up it's million £ mansion time.

I always find it shocking how fast the area changes once you leave camden and belsize park, it's pretty fucked up.

Anyway, ever sinse I was little shittyness has been spreading up from around camden and queens cresent and it's slowly circling Belsize. lol

I like on a counsil estate here which has it's level of fucked up ness. Luckily I know most the people who cause trouble around here so I'm never likely to have trouble until I walk any direction but north.

Anyway, I don't know how you manage in Queens Cresent especially. Every time I've been down there at night shit is happening. First time I went to my friends new place there there was a women screaming about how someones been shot. My friend nearly got raped about a week in. We were being followed by a group of people until we ducked into her house. My god.

Strangely most of my trouble has come about around Finchely Rd though, that place is shit in term of safety compared to when I was younger. O2 centre is like a beacon for people getting mugged. I know atleast 15 people who have around the back of there. v.v;

Strangely I've never had problems going unpleasent areas in South London. :-/

ScientificNinja said:
Consider yourself lucky. My cousin was attacked as he was leaving Epping station at about 5.30pm. A Triad kid swung a machete at his head. Apparently it was part of an initiation test. My cousin blocked it, and the blade went so deep that it got lodged in the bone. When the cops caught the guy (about 20 minutes later, apparently), they found another guy who was kidnapped in the trunk of the car.

Urgh similar thing happened to someone from my class in secondry school. Swang the machete down on his head and he was lucky it wasn't too bad.

Fuzzery

SpacLock said:
Page_1-1.gif
:lol :lol Brilliant

i was attacked in an alley once... when i was like 14.. and got cut with a knife when i was running away :p.. lol that sounds kinda lame... but there was like 5 of them.. with knives... and 3 of us and a meat shield... basically we threw my friend at the 5 hoodlums and booked it... :p

Az987

all good things
dustytruly said:
i was attacked in an alley once... when i was like 14.. and got cut with a knife when i was running away :p.. lol that sounds kinda lame... but there was like 5 of them.. with knives... and 3 of us and a meat shield... basically we threw my friend at the 5 hoodlums and booked it... :p

and sadly meat boy didnt make it

Redd

dustytruly said:

That's very wrong. Hopefully you feel a little bad about what you did to one of your friends just to save your own skin.

RumFore

Banned
When I was younger a group of older black teens stopped me in the street and asked for a quarter. I said ok and they saw $5 and ask for that. They then rummaged through my book bag and stole my sisters camera which ironically I took that day without her permission. Finally they took a some lotion they found in my bag and squirted it all over my uniform. Wonderful.

Few years later I just came out of Footaction with some brand new sneakers. Got on the bus and group of like 6 black teens followed me off the bus and asked me for the bag. I ran like hell and ducked into some ice cream shop and throw the shoes in back of the shop and asked them to call the cops. Withing seconds undercover was there and drove me around picking them out. I actually went to court over it and my parents were more mad at me for having to go to court than thieves robbing me.

More recently some black dude rode up on a bike and snatched my chain. Never wanted to kill someone so much in my life but the coward was off before I could even fully react. Black kids love robbing me. I'm a lot older now and think I can handle trouble but I said fuck it years ago and don't even wear a watch anymore or carry a wallet.:lol

weepy

RumFore said:
When I was younger a group of older black teens stopped me in the street and asked for a quarter. I said ok and they saw $5 and ask for that. They then rummaged through my book bag and stole my sisters camera which ironically I took that day without her permission. Finally they took a some lotion they found in my bag and squirted it all over my uniform. Wonderful.

Few years later I just came out of Footaction with some brand new sneakers. Got on the bus and group of like 6 black teens followed me off the bus and asked me for the bag. I ran like hell and ducked into some ice cream shop and throw the shoes in back of the shop and asked them to call the cops. Withing seconds undercover was there and drove me around picking them out. I actually went to court over it and my parents were more mad at me for having to go to court than thieves robbing me.

More recently some black dude rode up on a bike and snatched my chain. Never wanted to kill someone so much in my life but the coward was off before I could even fully react. Black kids love robbing me. I'm a lot older now and think I can handle trouble but I said fuck it years ago and don't even wear a watch anymore or carry a wallet.:lol

...do black people like you at all? j/k but honestly I don't see how someone could be a mark for that many robbery attempts.

Az987

all good things
Oh oh I just remembered

I was in baltimore, at the inner harbour with my girlfriend and her girl. We were sitting inside the mall by these steps when 2 black dudes grabbed my girlfriends hair as they were walking down the steps. Now my girlfriend was black and im white so maybe they didnt know I was with her, I dunno.

Anyway my girlfriend yelled fuck you as they walked towards they exit and they flicked us off without turning. Then I yelled fuck you, big mistake, as soon as they heard that they both ran up with one getting into my face. Judging by his breath this mean looking dude (had scars, looked like hed been in alot of fights and old, i was like 18 at the time) was pretty drunk. For a good 5 minutes we both just stared right back at eachother, almost touching faces. they were pretty much cussing me out but I didnt say anything back, just starred at them, I wasnt backing down.

After a while they were like u a bitch, u aint gon' do shit, and proceeded to leave. Me being the dumbass and hot head I am, pulled out a stun gun and let it off into the air. Dumb ass move I know, they then ran back in my face saying WTF u gon do with that, come outside bitch ill show u something. Now i maybe kind of dumb for doing that but there was no way I was gonna go outside with 2 guys who looked liked they were straight outta the wire and get stabbed or shot.

then the weirdest thing happened, The dude said to me, "this ya girl?" and I was like yea, and he said "ok ok i can respect that, u just sticking up for shortie", then he shook my hand and left.

I felt so good about standing up for my girl and not backing down and actually getting respect for it but u know what, My girlfriend fucking bitched me out big time, like really yelled at me, I couldnt understand why either, all I was doing was sticking up for her.

Scribble

Lol, so many UK posts in this thread.

I live in London, and I was nearly attacked when I was in secondary school. I was outside after school, talking to my friends, and I briefly, and I literally mean briefly, made eye contact with this guy. He then walked up to me and said "Why're you looking at me for? Say sorry." I said "No", and his friend tried to make me jump, but I didn't (Although I probably didn't jump because I was shitting myself). The first guy then said "say sorry, or I'll stab you," and he showed me his knife on the sly. His OTHER friend tried to stop him, but he wanted me to apologise to him.

Nearly the whole school was watching this happen at that point, and no teachers were around. I apologised, and he went away.

This was the guy:

rasvhe.jpg

And, a few years later, I see this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6623071.stm

Kowak

Banned
Scribble said:
Lol, so many UK posts in this thread.

I live in London, and I was nearly attacked when I was in secondary school. I was outside after school, talking to my friends, and I briefly, and I literally mean briefly, made eye contact with this guy. He then walked up to me and said "Why're you looking at me for? Say sorry." I said "No", and his friend tried to make me jump, but I didn't (Although I probably didn't jump because I was shitting myself). The first guy then said "say sorry, or I'll stab you," and he showed me his knife on the sly. His OTHER friend tried to stop him, but he wanted me to apologise to him.

Nearly the whole school was watching this happen at that point, and no teachers were around. I apologised, and he went away.

This was the guy:

rasvhe.jpg

And, a few years later, I see this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6623071.stm

shit that is fucked up.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Az987 said:
I was in baltimore, at the inner harbour with my girlfriend and her girl. We were sitting inside the mall by these steps when 2 black dudes grabbed my girlfriends hair as they were walking down the steps. Now my girlfriend was black and im white so maybe they didnt know I was with her, I dunno.

Anyway my girlfriend yelled fuck you as they walked towards they exit and they flicked us off without turning. Then I yelled fuck you, big mistake, as soon as they heard that they both ran up with one getting into my face. Judging by his breath this mean looking dude (had scars, looked like hed been in alot of fights and old, i was like 18 at the time) was pretty drunk. For a good 5 minutes we both just stared right back at eachother, almost touching faces. they were pretty much cussing me out but I didnt say anything back, just starred at them, I wasnt backing down.

After a while they were like u a bitch, u aint gon' do shit, and proceeded to leave. Me being the dumbass and hot head I am, pulled out a stun gun and let it off into the air. Dumb ass move I know, they then ran back in my face saying WTF u gon do with that, come outside bitch ill show u something. Now i maybe kind of dumb for doing that but there was no way I was gonna go outside with 2 guys who looked liked they were straight outta the wire and get stabbed or shot.

then the weirdest thing happened, The dude said to me, "this ya girl?" and I was like yea, and he said "ok ok i can respect that, u just sticking up for shortie", then he shook my hand and left.

I felt so good about standing up for my girl and not backing down and actually getting respect for it but u know what, My girlfriend fucking bitched me out big time, like really yelled at me, I couldnt understand why either, all I was doing was sticking up for her.

This is my all time fave episode. When McNulty gets drunk at the end it is sad.

RumFore

Banned
weepy said:
...do black people like you at all? j/k but honestly I don't see how someone could be a mark for that many robbery attempts.

I guess its my luck/fault that black people keep robbing me.:lol

Ronok

TheMan said:
The US isn't a perfect country but this must be said:

What the FUCK is wrong with the UK??

lol The worst of the US, as far as I can tell, is by far worse then the worst in the UK. I'm thinking us Londoners/UKers are just being more vocal about it or the majority of US GAF lives in happy land. lol

I thought I was going to get attacked once.

I was living in an area that was literally right across a little bridge from one of the not-so-good areas of town. Anyways, I'm walking down the street, alone, around midnight. In the distance, I see some guy walking down the street with a hoodie pulled down over his face and his hands in his pockets. I crossed the street, then he did, too. I was near my house by this point, so I just kept walking.

Sure enough, the guy walked up to me and asked me if I could spare any money. I said I didn't have my wallet on me (lie) and then he told me he ran out of gas and asked me where the nearest gas station was. Unfortunately for him, it was like 2 miles away. After that, he tried to sell me some chain to pay for gas money, so I ended up giving him the $1.27 that I had in my pants for this sweet gold chain with a Mercedes symbol on it. I sold that bling on eBay for $30.

No, I'm just kidding about buying the chain, but he did offer it to me and I did give him some coins and walked away.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I haven't been attacked yet. I guess luckily since I live in the Bronx.

I think a lot of problems can be avoided by just simple street smarts.

Costanza said:
Racist term.. he'll probably get banned.

he should get banned. the fact that he didnt complete the word is evidence enough he's not black. the only people saying "niggs" is someone who shouldnt be saying shit at all.

Kaeru

Banned
It's all about not showing weakness really.
I grew up in a kinda tough neighbourhood(well as tough as it can get in Stockholm Sweden).

Anyways I learned never to back off, If I saw a crowd that I knew was trouble I would intentionally look at them and walk by them fairly close. They never said anything, and if they did it was when I had already walked past them, and only an idiot would respond to that.
Have been robbed maybe 3-4 times, never lost anything of value.

One time we were out a couple of friend, was 15 years old at the time.
It was late, maybe 2-3am and we were outside a store just hanging and talking to some girls.
One girl spit at my friends jacket, and he proceeded to run after her and kicked her legs so she fell down. Me and my other friend tried to help her, and we were pissed at what our friend did. Few seconds later a guy, 30 years old or something, comes and starts beating my friend up.
I just lost it(was pretty drunk) and ran towards them and smacked the guy in the face. He kinda fell, and then rose up an punched me 2 times, on in the face and one hook that landed on my ear. I started to bleed everywhere, and then the guy kinda took off.
Stupid dumbshit as we were, we had a knife on us. I took the knife and started to run after him(thinking to myself what the hell am I doing?).
As I approached the guy he screamed to me "I have a metal pipe come over here you fucker".

Then I probably made the best descision in my life: I RAN AS HELL.

Looking back I mean it was dumb as fuck for trying to play hardcore and shit, but since then I have never ended up in a fight again(well nothing that I couldn't handle at least).

Chris B

Got attacked when I was like 12 from a bunch of older teens, randomly in the street, in, get this, Llandudno of all places.

(UK)

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
cloudwalking said:
i haven't been attacked, but i have been followed a handful of times, once when i was driving, even. nothing ever came of it though, i either got home or ducked into a store before the person could approach me in any way.

i have to cross through the main station here to get to school, and once a couple months ago when i was walking back, i noticed this guy giving me weird looks and staring at me. even though it was broad daylight and there were people around, this guy was blatantly following me and he wanted me to know it. i thought he might attempt to follow me home if i didn't try to lose him in the station, so i ducked into a jewelry store for kids where he made a stakeout right outside the door and stared at me for another 10 minutes before finally giving up.

at one point he got in front of me on the escalator and tried to talk to me -- i didn't catch what he'd said because it was loud and my german is pretty bad. this guy was like creepo-supreme though. one of those people who has that serial-killer stare.

Probably a cannibal.

That sucks tho.

TIP: Just take a cab if you ever feel like the road's not secure. Better paying for that then ending in trouble.

Nooreo

Fuck yeah man when i was in 5th grade i was like what 10 -11 at the time. I was walking with my freinds. and so i was going to one of their places to play the new PS2 :O!. so im walking and these 2 dudes walking quick like they came out of the movie "4 brothers" i couldnt help but notice and i glanced at them for 1-2 secs and one of them was like a 20 year old and the other was a 16 year old. they cross the street looking both sides comming up to me.

The 20 year old was this Spanish dude and so was the 16 year old the 20 year old freiking put me on a head lock i was crying. in broad day light. The 16 year old is like

"WHO THA FUCK U THINK U ARE LOOKIN AT US LIKE DAT"

im still crying and the 20 year old dude is like "SAY 5 THINGS ABOUT US FUCKIN BITCH!"

i said 5 things but forgot what,lol i remember i said "You smell nice" and people were walking by and didn't do shit man i mean like 5 people walked by :|. My friends didn't do anything because they were afraid of the 20 year old dude they were just feeling bad for me. And they shoved my to the ground and left. I left home with tears and didnt get to play ps2 :(. I wish i could go back as my future self and kick some ass.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Reminds me of the story Roger Ebert likes to tell:

I am reminded of my friend McHugh, who was shown a gun by a guy in a bar. "Why do you carry that?" McHugh asked him. "I live in a dangerous neighborhood," the guy said. "It would be safer," McHugh told him, "if you moved."

Nooreo

Wellington said:
I haven't been attacked yet. I guess luckily since I live in the Bronx.

I think a lot of problems can be avoided by just simple street smarts.
Man i live in queens :|. This place...not so much.. i hear bronx is just as troublesome

I attacked a man in an airport once.

He threatened to hit this little blonde girl working the lost baggage counter, and my dad and I took him down. I broke his watch pinning his arm to the ground with my knee and tore out some of his hair trying to keep hold of his greasy head, as his 6'8 300 pound roid rage induced body struggled and shit while the police took their time getting there. Best part was the job interview I had 2 days later and I had to lie when they asked about all the bruises and cuts on my knuckles "Rock climbing is my hobby".

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
funkmasterb said:
Best part was the job interview I had 2 days later and I had to lie when they asked about all the bruises and cuts on my knuckles "Rock climbing is my hobby".

Bah, why lie? How is rock climbing better than, "oh this guy was about to hit this girl, so I went in and saved her?"

chubigans said:
Bah, why lie? How is rock climbing better than, "oh this guy was about to hit this girl, so I went in and saved her?"

What's the 1st rule of fight club Chubigans?!

Also, fighting (no matter the provocation) isn't exactly an attractive skillset.

Nooreo

Kaeru said:
It's all about not showing weakness really.
I grew up in a kinda tough neighbourhood(well as tough as it can get in Stockholm Sweden).

Anyways I learned never to back off, If I saw a crowd that I knew was trouble I would intentionally look at them and walk by them fairly close. They never said anything, and if they did it was when I had already walked past them, and only an idiot would respond to that.
Have been robbed maybe 3-4 times, never lost anything of value.

One time we were out a couple of friend, was 15 years old at the time.
It was late, maybe 2-3am and we were outside a store just hanging and talking to some girls.
One girl spit at my friends jacket, and he proceeded to run after her and kicked her legs so she fell down. Me and my other friend tried to help her, and we were pissed at what our friend did. Few seconds later a guy, 30 years old or something, comes and starts beating my friend up.
I just lost it(was pretty drunk) and ran towards them and smacked the guy in the face. He kinda fell, and then rose up an punched me 2 times, on in the face and one hook that landed on my ear. I started to bleed everywhere, and then the guy kinda took off.
Stupid dumbshit as we were, we had a knife on us. I took the knife and started to run after him(thinking to myself what the hell am I doing?).
As I approached the guy he screamed to me "I have a metal pipe come over here you fucker".

Then I probably made the best descision in my life: I RAN AS HELL.

Looking back I mean it was dumb as fuck for trying to play hardcore and shit, but since then I have never ended up in a fight again(well nothing that I couldn't handle at least).

Reminds me of a story that happened to 2 of my friends,I left home and they were still hanging outside in the usual spot. It was like 2 am and they were both 17. So they hear some lady screaming,running out of her building and some dude he fucking chases her and shes bleeding and stuff so he tackles her down and lands about 2-3 punches on her

LUCKILY my friends actually did something about it unlike 90% of the people. That live in my area. they both beat the crap out of the dude who was a woman beater and the lady got up and their like "Are you okay?" shes crying and said "yes" the cops came and arrested the guy. And they told me the story the next day i was pissed as hell since i missed out FUCK im still pissed. and now i posted the story on neogaf (This happened like 2 years ago)

About 3 years ago when I was 18:

It was New Years Eve and I decided to walk to my friends place at around 4am since it was only a 20 minute walk and I was sure there would still be people about (coming from a park where everybody had gathered). As I start walking home these 3 skinheads were following me. I walked down some peculiar side streets (not dead ends) that eventually led back onto the road I was walking on, to make sure they were following me and that I wasn't just being paranoid. When I realised they were still following me a fucking ran and heard 'FUCKIN GET HIM!'. A beer bottle smashed by my feet and as far as I could tell they were all running after me. As I turned another corner I decided to jump into some bushes in the front of somebody's house. Then I heard the third guy come around from the direction I was running. When the guys (who I now realised were only two of them, while the other went around) who were following me came, they said they saw me go into this street, and he said he never saw anything. I'm pretty much shitting my pants, because from where I was they must have been like 2 meters away. They start looking behind gates and behind cars and stuff. Now, the absolute worst part is that none of this really happened and you only learnt that as the tension in my little fabrication was peaking. How unfortunate for you.

Jesus fucking christ, I'll never EVER do that again.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Scullibundo said:
About 3 years ago when I was 18:

It was New Years Eve and I decided to walk to my friends place at around 4am since it was only a 20 minute walk and I was sure there would still be people about (coming from a park where everybody had gathered). As I start walking home these 3 skinheads were following me. I walked down some peculiar side streets (not dead ends) that eventually led back onto the road I was walking on, to make sure they were following me and that I wasn't just being paranoid. When I realised they were still following me a fucking ran and heard 'FUCKIN GET HIM!'. A beer bottle smashed by my feet and as far as I could tell they were all running after me. As I turned another corner I decided to jump into some bushes in the front of somebody's house. Then I heard the third guy come around from the direction I was running. When the guys (who I now realised were only two of them, while the other went around) who were following me came, they said they saw me go into this street, and he said he never saw anything. I'm pretty much shitting my pants, because from where I was they must have been like 2 meters away. They start looking behind gates and behind cars and stuff. Now, the absolute worst part is that none of this really happened and you only learnt that as the tension in my little fabrication was peaking. How unfortunate for you.

Jesus fucking christ, I'll never EVER do that again.

I especially like your well spaced moral at the end. It helps draw it all out.

weepy

RumFore said:
I guess its my luck/fault that black people keep robbing me.:lol

Tell me this: Are you really skinny and/or wear glasses? Generally some folks go after weak looking individuals...no offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom