• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever met a celebrity and were dissapointed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had an argument with Chico in a pub before,

Talked with Darren Gough in Blackpool before (was an awesome guy),

Matthew Hoggard in a museum was friendly,

Jimmy Carr on the street shot me a dirty look,

talked with Dynamo the magician and had him do a trick on me (down to earth fella),

Finally when I was young, just me and my dad went on a private stadium tour of Old Trafford by Sir Bobby Charlton. That's how I got supporting Manchester United.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I kind of want to party with Todd.

blakep267

Not too many bad experiences.

- I met dikembe mutumbo once. Biggest person I've ever seen. And he kinda walked slow which was kinda strange. Reminded me of a colossus from SOTC

- met Bill Cosby a number of times. Fantastic person. Aside from well the other stuff

- Jazzy Jeff and Lupe Fiasco did a concert at my college and I worked it and helped out. Jeff had weird demands for his dressing room. A bowl full of bubbleyum, some kfc fruit platters, juices etc

Afterwards some others and myself went to hang out with Lupe. Played some street fighter 4. He was a bit of an arrogant person

The second story is my favorite. It wasn't a very busy night, so our manager told us that someone was going to be cut early and if anyone wanted to volunteer that would be great. Usually at our club getting cut early meant you just stayed anyways because it was a club that none of us would have ever gotten into other than the fact that we worked there, plus you get to drink for free. So Todd volunteers to get cut and does in fact hang around.

A few hours later he comes back up the stairs and approaches me at the bar and says "Some douchebag downstairs just tried to tell me that he was Ed Harris the actor." We had heard that Ed Harris might be coming but nobody has seen him yet. I ask Todd to point out the gentleman in question when he came up the stairs... which he does. I then tell Todd that the guy is in fact Ed Harris the actor. Todd was immediately and clearly VERY embarassed. I said "Oh no, what did you do?" and this is the story I got. (Keep in mind Todd has been drinking free drinks for hours)

"So I'm standing there at the urinal taking a piss and this old guy walks up beside me. I said 'Hey man, how's it going?' and he said he was fine. Then I said 'Oh my god, there is so many hot girls in here tonight!' and he said 'Yeah, I guess so.' And then I said 'I heard Ed Harris the actor is going to be here tonight' at which point the guy looks right at me for the first time and says 'I am Ed Harris'. I laughed and basically told the guy to fuck off because he looks like every single other horny old guy that comes in here every weekend."

I bet you most celebrities don't have that type of interaction very frequently.

Holy fuck, that's amazing.

LakeEarth

- Jazzy Jeff and Lupe Fiasco did a concert at my college and I worked it and helped out. Jeff had weird demands for his dressing room. A bowl full of bubbleyum, some off, fruit platters, juices etc
Some performers like to request odd things as a quick way to make sure things are getting done. Van Halen asked for a bowl of M&Ms backstage with all brown ones removed because if they didn't do that, then the contract wasn't properly read and something else much more important was likely missed.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Some performers like to request odd things as a quick way to make sure things are getting done. Van Halen asked for a bowl of M&Ms backstage with all brown ones removed because if they didn't do that, then the contract wasn't properly read and something else much more important was likely missed.

p5RZBgb.jpg

Mahnmut

Met Jay Z in a super fancy shop in Paris (Colette). We were looking at the same (overpriced) jacked. Said "hi" ask him to take a picture but he refused kindly. He was with 4 huge bodyguards who gave me the death stare when I pulled my phone just to see the time.

Met Ricky Gervais in NYC, he was with his wife Jane Fallon. Ask her if she could take a picture of me and Ricky. They were really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom