• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha |OT| Settle in, Trailblazin' is afoot.

Ashodin

lx52Vha.png

What is Landmark?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjvYIV4B5jg

Jeremy Soule EQN Theme (not full theme) with Landmark shots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93nCk2g_ZIw

EverQuest Next Landmark is the first step to a new MMO sandbox future, where the world is built and maintained by the player base. In Landmark, you can destroy the train using advanced voxels, find resources, collect them, then build your base/house on your own plot of land. The world can be dug into: there's over one mile of depth built into the game, and each "tier" of land is locked by only what you can dig up yourself with your tools. These tools can be upgraded over the course of play.

11981.jpg

With their innovative new tools, you can move things and place them exactly as the developers would when building the game. Using their state of the art building tools, craft a magnificent castle, or a delving dungeon lair, or whatever your dreams of building are. Just not limited to block by block.

12001.jpg

Not ready in the Alpha yet, but there will be risk vs. reward elements (ie. Enemies) to fight that will try to take your assets and homes away from you. Delve into forgotten ruins, find a rare resource that no one has ever seen, and build something magnificent out of it.

12041.jpg

Fancy yourself a textile artist? Well, if you craft stuff that looks like it fits within EQN's "style" and "lore", you might see it in game from the SOE makers themselves! Or, when you are able to sell your creations through the store, you can make money off people that buy them and use them on their own.

WHEN IS ALPHA/BETA?!: Tonight, January 31

LIVESTREAM: (4PM PST 1/31) http://t.co/wFRPTXrSQg

ALPHA REQUIREMENTS

Minimum System Requirements:

OS – Windows 7 64 bit
Processor – Intel i5 Quad Core or higher / AMD Phenom II X4 or higher
Memory – 4GB RAM
Hard Drive – 20GB Free
Video Memory – 1,024 MB RAM
Video Card – nVidia GeForce GTX 275 series or higher / AMD HD 4890 or higher
Sound Card – DirectX compatible
Internet – Broadband (3Mbit/sec or higher)

Recommended System Requirements:

OS – Windows 7 64 bit
Processor – Intel i5 Quad Core or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
Memory – 8GB RAM
Had Drive – 20GB Free
Video Memory – 1,024 MB RAM
Video Card – nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
Sound Card – DirectX compatible
Internet – Broadband (10Mbit/sec or higher)

HOW DO I BUY THIS NAO
https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack
XEWd3z6.jpg

Founder's Pack Overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoZYWjBbxi0

RESOURCES
Qov6HW1.jpg

GAF ALPHA LIST: (If there's guilds, I'll make one) (regularly updated)

GAF NAME - IGN NAME

Ashodin - Ashodin
Zefah
Somnia
Ferny
TharpDaddy
Iadien
Nataku
Spazznid - xspazznidx or spazznid
Dega
NeededSleep
Tempy
Damaniel
acksman
Vyrance
vilmer_
Whompa
Versifier
-NeoTB1-
Raticus
FiraB
Vilam
Stealthxhawk
Effect

Ouch. Not sure my PC can take it. What if I can’t play?

SOE has promised to give you a refund. You’ll need to contact customer service.

SPREADSHEET:

Spreadsheet.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Add me to the Alpha list, please!

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
There is an NDA, don't get yourself banned. =p

Don't leak info, don't post screenshots, videos, stream, etc.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
As a heads up there is in fact an NDA. We won't be able to publicly discuss on here.

I actually wasn't aware of that. Didn't even cross my mind since they are selling access. Seems like a dumb decision on SOE's part, but I'll keep my discussion to the alpha forums.

NDA for a paid Alpha/Beta is the most stupid thing ever...

Seriously. I'd understand if it were invite-only. There's no way they are going to be able to control this effectively without getting awful PR for banning people who paid $100 to get in.

Einbroch

Banned
THIS IS TONIGHT?

I need this.

And you can discuss NDA stuff here. The mod staff has said it's not their job to enforce another company's NDA, unless something has changed since Titanfall.

Ferny

THIS IS TONIGHT?

I need this.

And you can discuss NDA stuff here. The mod staff has said it's not their job to enforce another company's NDA, unless something has changed since Titanfall.

You CAN discuss NDA stuff here, does not mean people should. Up to them if they want to.

Iadien

Really liking the EQN theme. Can't wait to hear the full version.

_woLf

Two questions:

1. Is character customization in this alpha, or will all males and females look the exact same?

2. Should I really fork over $60 for a few items and early access? How much later do people think the beta would start?

Iadien

so it's out tonight i thought it was in feb/march?

Feb 28 was always "at the latest", for Alpha.

1. Is character customization in this alpha, or will all males and females look the exact same?

There probably won't be much customization, but I have no idea, we haven't heard much on that.

2. Should I really fork over $60 for a few items and early access? How much later do people think the beta would start?

That's really up to you. Closed beta will start March 31, at the latest.

Somnia

I bet it goes live after the live stream.

Don't forget the client will be small apparently as there's a lot of streaming.

whyman

Two questions:

2. Yes. Atleast a month, march 31st latest i think.

Top Bottom