• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Examples of when a gif has sold you on a game

zsynqx

knack-recovered92o2n.gif

This gif made me sell a game, hate that piece of shit Knack.

Didn't stop me to be sold on gifs and I'm glad I did, while story and music is arguably bad the gameplay, especially Skell traversal made this completely worth the purchase.

It's really not that bad. The gameplay is definitely more of a focus than the story though.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can invest the time necessary to unlock Skells, which I think can take around
20 hours
? If I'm listening to the music the entire game, and I don't like it, my experience is greatly affected and my enjoyment is lessened. I like a number of songs I've listened to, but I'm not sure I could get by some parts of Black Tar's lyrics after the 200 listen.

Sorry. :( I can't justify being into a Xenoblade sequel that doesn't live up to two of that game's pillars (story and music). I really hope Takahashi means it when he says the next game will be more story focused.

aravuus

3058386-gif001.gif

I mean... I was sold already, but I could watch this for quite a while.

This fucking game, just hope the menus and animations, as stylish as they are, won't get cumbersome after hours with the game. e: or is that circle on the bottom left there like a skip button? Cause that'd be perfect

But yeah, this and other P5 gifs would've sold me if the game needed any more selling

pa22word

Maybe I'm getting old and bitter, but I honestly can't think of a single time I saw a gif and said "wow, I must buy this game now". Trailer maybe, but a gif? Games are generally much too complicated to be boiled down to a 10 second flash, and if they can be they're probably something I don't want to play anyways.

Got you baby

PrestigiousTheseBumblebee.gif

To me that sums up all the problems of titanfall in one gif. All that movement and speed marred by ads and a shitty health system slowing it to a crawl. Shame, really.

Lusankya

This fucking game, just hope the menus and animations, as stylish as they are, won't get cumbersome after hours with the game. e: or is that circle on the bottom left there like a skip button? Cause that'd be perfect

But yeah, this and other P5 gifs would've sold me if the game needed any more selling

Yeah, you can skip/fast forward this stuff. Also this is the long victory celebration scene.

There is also a short victory scene:

Fwutumm.gif

Opa-Pa

I remember seeing a couple of Downwel gifs on Destructoid and without even reading what the game was about, I KNEW I had to buy it.

And I was right.

Why did this sell you on the game?

Edit: I think I'm missing out on a joke

That was Polygon's first look at DOOM. The person playing was absolutely horrid at it, so obligatory gifs were made...lol. Slow as molasses, when the game is meant be played like someone lit a fire under your ass. Not exactly the best way to showcase your highly hyped "rip and tear" first-person shooter.

Hnnng at the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance gif. I need to replay that game again!

jdstorm

Banned
Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can invest the time necessary to unlock Skells, which I think can take around
20 hours
? If I'm listening to the music the entire game, and I don't like it, my experience is greatly affected and my enjoyment is lessened. I like a number of songs I've listened to, but I'm not sure I could get by some parts of Black Tar's lyrics after the 200 listen.

Sorry. :( I can't justify being into a Xenoblade sequel that doesn't live up to two of that game's pillars (story and music). I really hope Takahashi means it when he says the next game will be more story focused.

Some people got skells in 20 or so hours so looking up a guide should get you there quickly.

Downwell:

WX74zrw.gif

This one in particular stood out since the other .gifs I saw didn't even highlight the combo-driven nature of the game.

Pix the Cat:

pixthecatx1qe9.gif

Assault Android Cactus:

filamentjhs82.gif

SomTervo

Just Cause 3

The saddest thing it that I was sold on the game and then was so disappointed by the console performance that I could never finish it.

Wait

We can ride cattle?

*boots game up again*

Yeah, fucking bummer about console performance. All their QA budget was clearly blown on Mad Max which performs beautifully.

Not a gif (no internet back then) but I bought the original Sonic the Hedgehog as soon as it came out based on a single 1" screenshot in an issue of EGM.

No regrets.

Top Bottom