• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Existing Xbox One owners - are you still happy with your purchase?

RedStep

That's not true at all. There's thousands and thousands of games being released every year on many different platforms that'll never come to XO. If you think practically everything independent either is or will be released on XO, you need to take a more thorough look at what's actually being released..

Obviously that was referring to the console space. There are and will always be tons more on mobile and PC that will never come to home consoles.

As someone who was way more of a PS3 guy last gen, I've been much more of Xbox guy this time around. The X1's launch lineup of DR3, Ryse, and KI absolutely trounced the garbage PS4 had at launch in my eyes. I've also been more into X1's exclusives so far. The current X1 UI is much better than PS4's. The PS4's UI is like a shitty version of the XMB which is a real shame because the XMB was the best. If the PS4 UI was literally just the XMB again, completely unchanged I would've been 100% okay with that.

Also, for a long time now Sony's first party games have either been bad (to me at least) or have left me feeling indifferent about them. If not for P.T. and Bloodborne I would have sold my PS4 a long time ago. Horizon is the one exclusive game coming down the line that looks really interesting to me. PSVR is also pretty interesting to me and I have it preordered but I often think I would be better off upgrading my PC and getting a Vive. I currently have a destop PC with a 670 in it and a Asus gaming laptop with a 980m in it. My gaming laptop may be able to handle VR but it seems like a lot of the system tests I run have a hard time recognizing my system (which is a problem I always seem to have with gaming laptops).

Having said all that, yes, recent announcements have made me think that maybe I don't need an Xbox anymore. The biggest things keeping me from selling it is 360 BC, Rare Replay, and the Windows PC stuff still sucks ass. Microsoft fixing the UWP garbage would go a long way towards me buying more PC versions of their games. In short, I don't think either console has done a great job justifying their existence.

KORNdoggy

it's been disappointing since i got it last christmas. i played the exclusives that appealed to me, and haven't touched it since around mid jan? the announcement of scorpio hasn't really influenced my opinion on the matter. although knowing it's "exclusives" will appear on PC going forward...i'm much more likely to just build a decent PC

Great Guy

Traded in my (also underused) 360 for the One expecting a different result. I mainly use it as a cable tv passthrough and the Kinect to turn it all on. Really dislike the ui and unresponsive mess that it seems to be.

I have enjoyed goofing off on a few games on the xbox one, Gatt out of Hell, Ori, Sunset Overdrive, MCC (never played any Halos before, believe it or not). But then it quickly falls unused again for months more.

I think the biggest issue is that it plays 3rd wheel to my pc and ps4, so that isn't a knock against the system, just my poor purchase decisions. The xbox app on pc shows promise, I've streamed a few games from it and the Play Anywhere selection of games looks promising, but 99% chance i'll be playing them exclusively on the pc.

Intru

I bought both the PS4/Xbox One at launch and I have been kind of disappointed with both. I don't think I would buy them over again if I had the choice. Neither of them really ended up offering a line of exclusive titles that justified the purchase for me (I mainly play on PC). For this reason I don't think I will be buying into Scorpio or Neo when they release.

Wii U on the other hand has had plenty of great exclusives that made the platform worth it for me. It's just lame that nothing of note has released since Mario Maker/Splatoon.

SpotAnime

- Yes, I am pissed and confused.

I get every single console and there is no bias toward hardware unless the 3rd party multi-platform ports suffer/are weak.

- I have 135 Digital Purchases and another 125 or Close Retail Xbox360 Games, I had to switch sides.... to PS4 due to 720p, 800p and "Dynamic can't handle resolution nonsense"... no biggie...

- A Kinect was shoved down our throats at launch, I never took mine out of the box. Then the start selling the console without one.
- The Launch controller sucked. MS launched an adapter with Audio Jack and a Headset - got the bundle for 50 CDN.
- Then they upgraded controller with better bumpers- I purchased almost all Limited Edition controllers. ..and Audio jack. and now they are doing it again.
- I have an Elite Controller.. I am not affected however if the sticks are improved across the board that means ... we have an outdated ELITE ?

- Conflicting reports of XboxOne S hardware.
- It has better hardware than XboxOne?
- Some say yes, some No....

So now I wait for XOs or get a Scorpio!

All good points. The Xbox One has always felt like a console in beta. I feel they never got it right and stuck to it.

Pilgrimzero

What in the heck with these download speeds? Picked up the digital version of Halo collection and hours later it's still downloading.

As someone who got both on launch, I've always enjoyed my xbone more. Even though I spend most of my time on pc, I've had countless hours of fun with a bunch of great xbone exclusives. Titanfall, the Forza games, the Halo games, Sunset OD, Dead Rising 3, Tomb Raider. The UI is also way superior to the ps4 IMO, and the system just does more and feels more connected.

Can't wait for the scorpio, I'm all in on it.

jesu

What in the heck with these download speeds? Picked up the digital version of Halo collection and hours later it's still downloading.

If you are not in the preview in can check in the settings for bandwidth usage to see what speed you are getting.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Yeah.

I've been pretty happy with the exclusives that have come out so far (Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive being the primary ones).

3rd party games have been a lot of fun. The OS functions are used more than games in my household.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
No, I am not happy, not angry either. mostly disappointed.

I knew buying a $500 console on Day 1 was a mistake, but Sony's terrible PS4 exclusives left me no choice. I want to say I had fun with Forza and Ryse at launch but that would be lying. I loved Titanfall and it justified my purchase at the time, and Sunset and Tomb Raider were my GOTYs the last two years, but aside from them everything else has been a disappointment. QB I liked as well.

I HATE the UI, and dont like how they go months without a decent exclusive. I decided to sell it after the Scorpio leak but im only getting $160 for my Day 1 Kinect Edition which is shocking. Their upcoming lineup is great, so I will keep it. But part of me wants to play all these games at 1080p 60 fps, and that $199 480x is very tempting. I will also need to upgrade my CPU so that's going to be another $200 so the math doesn't work in my favor. I also like to trade in my games so buying Windows 10 versions is going to end up costing me more in the long run.

I wish they were releasing the Scorpio this year.

I've put in stupid amounts of time playing Destiny with my friends on it and despite it's issues, The MCC was a dream come true for me, seeing as I only really cared about the campaigns. So absolutely.

Now to be honest, I'll probably not buy an Xbox again since I will be able to play all of these games on PC in the future but I love that. I really wish they would port all the Halos and Sunset Overdrive over but I'll take what I can get.

Regardless, I'm not about to be upset when I have gotten tons of use out of the thing. It's a great console.

Top Bottom