• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exoprimal open beta now live on Steam

They should make this game F2P before it's too late. Will be DOA otherwise. They can make a bigger return by just giving it good long-term support and some battle passes.
I kind of agree, it honestly depends on what other game modes will be present on release. I think a really good co-op campaign and co-op missions could justify a bigger price. Otherwise, it will be on gamepass day one so hopefully that will give it some legs until it's improved or put on sale.

Mossybrew

Skillup has a preview up that may be of interest if like me you didn't play the beta test. Game seems fun but I share his concerns about the PvP aspect.

Last edited:

Inviusx

I played 1 round of the beta and was immediately turned off by the PVP element. My team was behind and the announcer was constantly reminding us, over and over again. I didn't enjoy feeling rushed constantly instead of paying attention to what I was doing.

Really not a great idea for a mode in my opinion.

I uninstalled after that.

Last edited:

Fbh

Skillup has a preview up that may be of interest if like me you didn't play the beta test. Game seems fun but I share his concerns about the PvP aspect.

Seems fun but yeah the PVP aspect kills it for me, I hope they eventually add some PVE only mode.
Seems like it could have been a fun game to chill with friends in the vein of EDF or Left4Dead, but the PVP adds a whole new stress factor, lots of question regarding balance, stability, map design, ranked mode, matchmaking, etc and it also means it won't be worth playing if it can't keep a big active audience whereas a PVE game will always be fun as long as you have some buddies to play with.

I guess there's nothing to loose if you've got Gamepass but it's not something I'd spend $60 on for Ps5

Last edited:

Mossybrew

PVP adds a whole new stress factor, lots of question regarding balance, stability, map design, ranked mode, matchmaking, etc and it also means it won't be worth playing if it can't keep a big active audience whereas a PVE game will always be fun as long as you have some buddies to play with.

I guess there's nothing to loose if you've got Gamepass but it's not something I'd spend $60 on for Ps5

Yup. Really hope they end up adding a PvE only mode.

Top Bottom