• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EXtas1stv: 2 unexpected Xbox games will leave people mouth”s left open (Xbox show)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3liteDragon

b5d

Fbh

Twitter before every big gaming showcase:
"Guys OMG just OMG you won't believe the stuff they are going to reveal!!! I'm actually on my way to pick up new underwear because I shat my pants 5 times in a row when I found out about the stuff they are going to show".

The event...every single time:
Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

j.k.2021

Banned
Xbox can easily have 10/10 showcase but they have the tendency to screw things up.Hellblade II, Starfield and Forza Motorsport gameplay and launch date announcement along with Avowed, Quake reboot and Indiana jones gameplay alone will make it a great show.

Last edited:

Tomi

I expecting one of them is Babylon's Fall 2 with exclusive deal only on xbox

Last edited:

KXVXII9X

Another showcase where all the leakers and insiders come out of the woodwork and gamers take their word as gospel and act surprised when a lot of it is a bunch of hot air.

basketball wives GIF

We've been through this so many times.

Gojiira

Halo Infinite was very well received…at launch. Inane to lump it in with Redfall.
Their first party studios are a lot more than they used to have in the past…and there’s reasonable expectation that there’s finally stuff to show from them. We’ll see.
Come on man, no it wasnt. First Craig, No co-op, missing modes and features and the godawful seasonal stuff it launched with. No only the open world was ‘well’ received. Everything else was a train wreck.
But yeah reasonable expectation that stuff will be shown is fine, its the fact that even if they do show something, they have a reputation of under-delivering despite promising reveals and clearly misleading trailers (ie Redfall)

Last edited:
I think their best bet is to have a strong Fable showing. It's a franchise with a lot of history and mostly fond memories from even casuals. Though, they'd have to have a REALLY strong showing for it to generate excitement. They've been talking about "building" studios/etc for a while and they should really be at the point to have a something to show for it by now.

Starfield should easily generate a good bit of excitement, but BGS games haven't really generated the respect they deserve over the years and some of it for good reason, but a Bethesda Games Studio is almost always a title with insane possibility and replay value and if they lean on that legacy, it could be a great showing.

DaGwaphics

No Infinite was middling at best, it already had left a bad impression, first Craig, then no co-op, egregious seasonal content, mussing features. People may have liked the single player but lets not pretend it wasnt a dumpster fire of its own.
But regardless of them having mire studios, and the possibility

Come on man, no it wasnt. First Craig, No co-op, missing modes and features and the godawful seasonal stuff it launched with. No only the open world was ‘well’ received. Everything else was a train wreck.
But yeah reasonable expectation that stuff will be shown is fine, its the fact that even if they do show something, they have a reputation of under-delivering despite promising reveals and clearly misleading trailers (ie Redfall)

The Halo campaign reviewed well. They went full GaaS with the multi-player, even making it F2P and then didn't provide the content that is expected of modern GaaS games, it is what it is.

Last edited:

Flabagast

« Leakers » were hyping the PS Showcase through the roof and it ended up being one of the worst and most depressing conferences in the last 15 years.

So yeah I don’t believe Twitter accounts one bit.

clarky

Gold Member
I really think they should announce exactly what they are showing bar a couple of surprises. These shows get hyped up so much in the weeks before and they never fail to disappoint in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom