• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2016 |OT| Daniil Kvyat Simulator

Jibbed

U6hf6xB.jpg

It's my first time, be gentle pls.

I have created a group on Steam; this will be used to coordinate casual smash-ups, proper league races and so forth. Feel free to join and add me while you're at it.

More info to come!

WrhJUHB.png

- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4
- PC DVD
- Steam

0hYHDrr.png

Worldwide: 19th August 2016​

S8Wrley.png

Codemasters Birmingham (UK) http://www.codemasters.com/

pVaHL4R.png

F1 2016 is a racing game which is based on the 2016 Formula One season. The game is the eighth instalment in the F1 franchise developed by Codemasters.

The official videogame of the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, F1 2016 puts you at the heart of the world’s most glamorous motorsport like never before. Compete as yourself or as your favourite driver in the fastest and most thrilling on-track racing experience in gaming, complete with stunning hospitality areas that act as your career hub.​

IheAjiC.png

Deepest ever career mode - create your own legend in F1 2016 with the most immersive career mode ever put into a Codemasters F1 game, spanning up to 10 seasons. Lose your drive like our favourite Russian.
The complete F1 experience - with the iconic Safety Car and Virtual Safety Car, the paddock, key figures from the world of FORMULA 1 and all the drivers, teams and circuits, F1 2016 is the most complete F1 experience ever seen in gaming.
The drama of the race start - experience the height of the pre-race tension and feel the pressure of the all important start with the introduction of the Formation Lap and manual starts.
Also worth mentioning - full 22-player online races, car development system, driver status system, brand new damage system(!) with wheel tethers, revamped AI, major physics update for wet driving.​

pL1k1TN.png

- Championship Season Mode
- Quick Race
- Online Practice Sessions
- Online Multiplayer
- Everything else you'd expect. This is basically 2015 and then some.​

v0q2hs0.png

- Scuderia Ferrari; VET/RAI
- Sahara Force India F1 Team; PER/HUL
- Haas F1 Team; GRO/GUT
- McLaren Honda Formula 1 Team; ALO/BUT
- Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team; HAM/ROS
- Manor Racing MRT; WEH/HAR
- Red Bull Racing; RIC/VER
- Renault Sport Formula One Team; MAG/PAL
- Sauber F1 Team; ERI/NAS
- Scuderia Toro Rosso; KVY/SAI
- Williams Martini Racing; MAS/BOT​

YdjrmoV.png

- Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne
- Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir
- Shanghai International Circuit, Shanghai
- Sochi Autodrom, Sochi
- Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Barcelona
- Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo
- Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal
- Baku City Circuit, Baku
- Red Bull Ring, Spielberg
- Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone
- Hungaroring, Budapest
- Hockenheimring, Hockenheim
- Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Stavelot
- Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Monza
- Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore
- Sepang International Circuit, Kuala Lumpur
- Suzuka International Racing Course, Suzuka
- Circuit of the Americas, Austin, Texas
- Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Mexico City
- Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo
- Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi

SIuTJqZ.png

Lx5F7M4.png

OGqMH58.png

Coming soon...​

wdDfYKz.png

Minimum:
CPU: Intel Core i3 530 or AMD FX 4100
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 460 or AMD HD 5870
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Soundcard
Free Disk Space: 30 GB

Recommended:
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 or AMD FX 8320
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 980 or AMD R9 Fury
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Soundcard
Free Disk Space: 30 GB​

This one might be ok.

Certinty

Got this on Tuesday.

Anyway from what I've played so far it's by far the best F1 game CM have made. 2015's gameplay was great but barebones but this is essentially that improved with tons more content.

Has a few issues though, like the safety car is super fast for one, doesn't even allow the whole field to bunch up. Also the AI is a lot faster than previous games on harder difficulties but at times they're still a little reluctant to try an overtaking move but it's not as bad like it was in previous games.

Risgroo

Nice work, Jibbed!

I've already pre-ordered the PC version, but since my wheel and PC are at my parents' house I'm seriously considering getting it on PS4 tomorrow.

Jibbed

Cheers!

Depending on how this turns out, I may or may not coordinate a GAF league on PC. If anyone wants to organise the console equivalent, give me a shout.

Nice OT! Fantastic title, gave me a chuckle

I wanna drive through Baku, I'll wait for impressions here but probablly pick this up when it goes on sale

Azzawon

Nice work on the OT! I was apprehensive about getting this after the disappointment F1 2015, but from what I've seen and heard about the improvements 2016 I've ended up preordering. Looking forward to getting my copy tomorrow!

Awesome. I might jump back into the franchise with this one if it's really a big improvement over the last couple of games. The last one I played was maybe 2012 on 360. Had fun with it but would love a PS4 version if its fully featured and the AI is good.

Jibbed

Nice work on the OT! I was apprehensive about getting this after the disappointment F1 2015, but from what I've seen and heard about the improvements 2016 I've ended up preordering. Looking forward to getting my copy tomorrow!

Bold move. Somewhat ironically, I haven't...
yet.

Also, nice kart man. Wish I had the money for KZ.

Got this on Tuesday.

Anyway from what I've played so far it's by far the best F1 game CM have made. 2015's gameplay was great but barebones but this is essentially that improved with tons more content.

Has a few issues though, like the safety car is super fast for one, doesn't even allow the whole field to bunch up. Also the AI is a lot faster than previous games on harder difficulties but at times they're still a little reluctant to try an overtaking move but it's not as bad like it was in previous games.

Have you raced in the rain yet? I absolutely hated driving in the rain in older versions. I thought it was just because I sucked, but now I'm seeing they overhauled the wet road physics.

I got to the point where I could do pretty well on harder difficulties without assists, but when it was wet I could never beat the AI. They all continued to have perfect runs and were always faster than me. I would baby the car to get around the track without crashing and they'd pass me. If I ever pushed it just a bit more to keep up I'd always lose traction and wipe out.

Azzawon

Bold move. Somewhat ironically, I haven't...
yet.

Also, nice kart man. Wish I had the money for KZ.

I feel like I'm part of the problem for doing so! I have regained a bit of faith in Codies after the success of DiRT Rally so I'm hoping this is another step in the right direction.

Also, thanks! Definitely worth a try if you ever get the opportunity. It's not as costly as it seems :p

tioslash

I abandoned the series after F1 2012, but I´m thinking this one might be worth looking into and hopefully make me hop back in. We´ll see.

Lima

I didn't play last years entry because of the omission of the coop career. Looks like they brought it back and then some. Amazing. Will pick it up.

lmbotiva

It will be about performance for me to get this game, f1 2015 ran horribly on ps4, frame drops and screen tearing all over the image, if that's fixed i will get it

So unlike the other f1 games, we start in a top tier team and get demoted to the midfield halfway into the season? Doesn't sound like much fun...

Is ffb' for wheels adequate? The last f1 game I played was 2013 and the wheel ffb' was so bad I ended up just playing with a controller...which I may do anyways because my wheel has been mechanically dying the past month:(

MaxiLive

So unlike the other f1 games, we start in a top tier team and get demoted to the midfield halfway into the season? Doesn't sound like much fun...

Is ffb' for wheels adequate? The last f1 game I played was 2013 and the wheel ffb' was so bad I ended up just playing with a controller...which I may do anyways because my wheel has been mechanically dying the past month:(

You can choose to start at any team, its a way of recommending difficulty, the low teams are a real challenge, mid tier for a fight and top tier if your racing ability isn't fantastic. There is also the AI.

From what most people have said about FFB it is very impressive (but not Rfactor/iRacing levels) with the main big wheels from Logitech, Thrustmaster etc.

Lach

Can't wait to get into career mode tomorrow. Will start with Sauber (masochistic patriotism), hope I'll actually get to drive.

Everything I've seen looks promising.

sam777

Has anyone else got this already on Xbox One? If so can you see the achievements for the game or is it just me?

This year it seems playing on a controller is harder than in previous years, it may take some getting used to.

danowat

Banned
Keeping one eye on how this is received, although with the release of Assetto Corsa next week not sure I hit up two racing games in the space of a week.

Nyx

Was hoping to get an early copy but will have to wait till tomorrow.

My first F1 game in many years, Codemasters can thank Max Verstappen for it and I bet I'm not alone in this.

Branson

Skipped 2014 and 2015. Looking forward to this one though. Will wait to see how the PC port will be and if it's decent. Don't want another No Mans Sky sitch

Madchad

PS4 Day 1 Patch No.2 Ver1.02 is out will edit with size.

Taking a while to prepare im guessing is quite large.

EDIT: Quite large ended up being 112MB... lol

Juicy Bob

This game is hard as fuck.

Also, after really enjoying the handling of 2015 on a DS4, I have to say that the cars feel a lot more weightier and less responsive this year.

Staab

Looking forward to hearing the MP impressions from some real sim racers.
Hope it's mostly bug free as well and that the AI doesn't just form a line...

Good job on the OT Jibby

Razyl

For pc players, here are the graphic options (in german, sorry ^^)

2nd Pic, from top to bottom:

- Preset
- Lighting quality
- post processing
- motion blur strength
- shadow
- smoke shadow
- extended smoke shadows
- particle
- spectators
- mirror
- ambient occlusion
- material reflection
- texture streaming
- car reflection
- weather effects
- flooring
- dynamic hair
- tire marks
- mixing of tire marks

Its nearly or the exact same menu from last year as far as I remember.

legbone

This game is hard as fuck.

Also, after really enjoying the handling of 2015 on a DS4, I have to say that the cars feel a lot more weightier and less responsive this year.

damn, hate to hear this. 2015's driving was excellent. was hoping they wouldn't touch it and just flesh out the game. oh well, i'll still have fun. can't wait to try baku. it's such a cool track in my opinion.

FuturusX

Does PS4 hold 60 frames pretty well? I might get PC version but that means installing a Windows setup on my hackintosh...easy enough I guess.

Edit: and controller options on PC?

DD

damn, hate to hear this. 2015's driving was excellent. was hoping they wouldn't touch it and just flesh out the game. oh well, i'll still have fun. can't wait to try baku. it's such a cool track in my opinion.

Haha, I actually feel happy about that. I always felt that F1 cars were too much for me (I still could play with no problems, but was mind consuming). Braking too inside the turn and those insane turning speeds always provided me some "holy shit" moments.

pots555

I really want this for the career mode. I still think 2010 is the best one that I have played. I have not touched 2015 so this maybe the year I get back in. Please be good!!!

LordAmused

Game runs very good here on I5 4690 + GTX 970 in 1440P with Gsync. Holding up 50 to 85 on High settings.
Playing with the XBone controller and no problem at all!

Shaneus

Subbed, buying this tonight. Hopefully the download isn't too big on Steam, and my R9 280X does a somewhat decent job with the game... but it's Codies, so it should be okay :)

Anyone here already have it that's running an R9 280X? Maybe with an i5-2500K?

Lister

Banned
Specs:

i5 4690k
GTX 1070 OC'ed
1440p monitor

I'm maxing the game out at 1440p without a single frame drop on the benchmark or in the practice sessions i've tried so far.

Steam controller works great too as doe smy Xbox one gamepad.

Hopefully i'll have more time to play over the weekend :)

Megasoum

Banned
Subbed, buying this tonight. Hopefully the download isn't too big on Steam, and my R9 280X does a somewhat decent job with the game... but it's Codies, so it should be okay :)

Anyone here already have it that's running an R9 280X? Maybe with an i5-2500K?

30gb download btw

Top Bottom