• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be the only one here who thinks Dandy was just OK.

Naw, first 3 eps (a lot of the 1st Season even) were weak. It got better as it went on and S2 is great.

more people of this community should be watching these. They've all been pretty great from an art style and animation side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlMReeBTNOI&list=PLC6qIbU1olyXQe1WOKt8UJ4hErx3D7qt8

These are great, I had forgotten about them.

One of those gundum stills look like a dude and a dog are sleeping together.

It's Victory I wouldn't doubt it

Link Man

Banned
Looking forward to Log Horizon s2, Chaika s2, Parasyte, Sora no Method and Fate/Stay Night. Might check out some others if they look good.

Ah...I remember last year around this time when we were all so hyped for Kill la Kill.

We've gone from hype to "cautious optimism" this year for a show from a director with quite the following. Will Tomino save anime? Or will he save anime in the same way Kill la Kill "saved" anime? We'll find out soon enough..

In the meantime, I'm going to wonder how Kill la Kill would have done down had Tomino directed that show.

This will be difficult for me, seeing as I've never watched a Tomino show.

Ah...I remember last year around this time when we were all so hyped for Kill la Kill.

We've gone from hype to "cautious optimism" this year for a show from a director with quite the following. Will Tomino save anime? Or will he save anime in the same way Kill la Kill "saved" anime? We'll find out soon enough..

In the meantime, I'm going to wonder how Kill la Kill would have done down had Tomino directed that show.

This will be difficult for me, seeing as I've never watched a Tomino show.
From what I understand, people are always cautious at whatever Tomino puts out as he's been a mixed bag more often and for a longer period of time than Imaishi and the gang.

UBW has already won anime of the season, so I'm not sure why any of those other anime are even there.

Based on the source material I doubt it's gonna be AOTS :) I mean visuals alone can't make a series amazing. And it also has Shirou so yeah not gonna happen. Will probably be good but not AOTS.

Now Parasyte has a high chance of being AOTS because it's source material is great. It's just up to Madhouse to decide it's fate.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
One of those gundum stills look like a dude and a dog are sleeping together.

You tell me what's going on here.

z23Rksj.jpg

yami4ct

Naw, first 3 eps (a lot of the 1st Season even) were weak. It got better as it went on and S2 is great.

I'm not even completely in love with Season 2. There were like 4 episodes that I totally loved, but the rest I just kind of had "that was neat" reaction. In terms of complete enjoyment I'm far enjoying Akame ga Kill over Space Dandy 2.

Based on the source material I doubt it's gonna be AOTS. I mean visuals alone can't make a series amazing. And it also has Shirou so yeah not gonna happen. Will probably be good but not AOTS.

Now Parasyte has a high chance of being AOTS because it's source material is great. It's just up to Madhouse to decide it's fate.
Saber is in it.

So your Shirou argument is invalid, sorry.

Clov

UBW has already won anime of the season, so I'm not sure why any of those other anime are even there.

I think it's going to be either Mushishi or Parasyte for me. Mushishi's run in the Spring was very good overall, and the TV special that aired last month was fantastic. I can imagine that the second half will be consistent in terms of quality. Parasyte has great source material, and the trailer for it looked pretty awesome too. It looks like it won't be censored either!

Not sure how they'll pull off the
penis arm
scene on TV though.

yami4ct

I think it's going to be either Mushishi or Parasyte for me. Mushishi's run in the Spring was very good overall, and the TV special that aired last month was fantastic. I can imagine that the second half will be consistent in terms of quality. Parasyte has great source material, and the trailer for it looked pretty awesome too. It looks like it won't be censored either!

penis arm
scene on TV though.

I only have 1 episode left of Mushishi Season 1. I really need to watch that and catch up on Season 2, because it really is the best thing.

I know pretty much nothing about FSN so I guess I'll give this new one a shot since it's by the same people who did FZ and everyone loves that.

Always figured with VN adaptations I'd be better serviced just doing the VN, but since I'm so clueless on Type-Moon this'll do

penis arm
scene on TV though.

If they really do show the
Penis arm
it will be GOAT :0

Seriously though if they do attempt that it will be AOTS.

yami4ct

I know pretty much nothing about FSN so I guess I'll give this new one a shot since it's by the same people who did FZ and everyone loves that.

Always figured with VN adaptations I'd be better serviced just doing the VN, but since I'm so clueless on Type-Moon this'll do

Having played FSN, I can say that an anime adaptation should be able to easily improve it. There's quite a few needless scenes that can be easily cut for pacing, better characters who can be given more focus. Mainly, there's the H-Scenes which are so out of nowhere and awkward that cutting them out will immediately increase the quality of product.

Mahouka - 25
I was quite happy to see that they handled that episode well

Mahouka - 26
Well i guess they did a good job showing the scariness of material burst. Also Good job miyuki , explaining a broken hability but not telling everything so that the Pile of your other secrets are safe.

Kudos bis to miyuki and bad end to the commander , not only you got seen , you got frozen and you'll be MIA and captured by the most insane familly of japan.

Anyway scroched halloween happenned , it's such a PIVOTAL plot point for anything else happenning that i'm glad this is done.

Mahouka S1 is done... i kinda need an OAV for the summer chapter we missed.. and i need my S2 for the start of the chiba familly mayhem including the meeting between tatsuya and miyuki , they better animate this part.

Looking forward to checking out;

G-Reco (it's Gundam)
Shingeki no Bahamut (PV looks excellent)
Hitsugi no Chaika (continuing from first season)
Fate Stay/Night (Fate/Zero was excellent so I have high hopes for this)

and Ore Twintails ni Narimasu. Gender bending has always interested me since seeing Ranma 1/2 years ago so this should hopefully be entertaining. Also saw a bit at the end of the PV that strongly reminded me Daizengar from SRWOGS so I'm even more interested now if there are going to be super robot motifs in the moves/designs.

yami4ct

You know what mech series could do with a revival? The Brave series.

I kind of feel the Super Robot Genre in general could use a revival. Most mecha shows that even try to do that kind of miss the fun spirit of the genre. I'd kill for a Japanese made Transformers super-robot show like Victory.

Holy shit guys would I want a anime adaption of The Breaker and the sequel New Waves. Just seeing those action scenes animated would be fuckin awesome. Would want Madhouse to do it, as I feel they would do justice to the series. One of my top favorite martial arts manga.

Also another reason for the adaption would be her.

14544242p.jpg

Yeah Jinnie you are the bomb. Hope she wins in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom