• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Fate/Stay Night] - 8

Literally stupider than Cross Ange.
I 'm late on cross ange but i have a hard time to believe this

Did I misread the subs or did Rin even state that she's sorry for what happened "yesterday"?

As in...how the fuck would that timeline even work out then. Even if Shirou was dragged away by Caster in the early morning, did he somehow get healed (Saber?) and trained a lot within that short timeframe?
Get kidnapped , came back home , ask for training in the morning, weird dream , get training , arrives on school late

Yep it all fits. ( shirou was training with saber before already )

Sagebu - 02

Rival turned masochist?! AWWWWWW YEAAH!

I'm really liking how the main lead isn't some boring girl who's like "Oh hey, I can be somebody in this club!" and instead has this selfish attitude with a backbone to boot.

Indeed , the best thing that could have happenned to this franchise

survivor

Banned
nasuverse is hot garbage and fate/zeros the only exception

ronja 1-2

ronja1.jpg

yeah this is basically cg world masterpiece theatre and i like what i see thus far. the cg can be a bit iffy at times but it looks so much better than the teasers let on thanks to how well its animated and how nicely it blends in with the great background work.

gj goro

!!

this seems more promising than it appeared to be then

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Maken-ki! Two - 00 OVA *2 minutes in*

JSwcoOY.gif

Maybe I should get back to Sagebu because I'm not sure my heart can take this right now. Purrrrrrrrrity!

Grisaia no kajitsu - 09
Grisaia%20no%20Kajitsu%20-%2009_01.jpg

because she is a tsundere that is more tsundere than the regular tsundere in the same show.
One thing for sure , if you're watching grisaia the anime you REALLY NEED to stop normal thinking and just enjoy the ride, because this episode plot hole are more numerous than in cheese.

Still it was somewhat enjoyable despite what the anime did , i must admit that it somùewhat suceed at what it tried to do, making people intrested in the games
Grisaia%20no%20Kajitsu%20-%2009_02.jpg

The thing is , the more unbelievable it is , considering the franchise , it' actually likely that this is true , lol

We're missing yet another arc and it's a multi-part arc too .it'll be intresting to see where this all leads to.

Yeh, the direction just seems to put another shit-layer on top of the, I assume, bad source material. It's night and day difference to F/Z, which has also left a much better impression of its visuals, even though the budget wasn't as high (if that's actually the case?).

Who knows, maybe with great direction and a looser adaptation this could've been just fine.

well every non-fight in the VN is pretty much just people standing around talking about stuff. if anything ufotable followed it too closely.

Gundam: Reconguista in G 10:
Another amazing episode. Multiple scenes of characters grabbing their crotches and mobile suits wearing bandanas already assured that this episode would be a top tier one, but on top of that we got some really amazing action. The fighting in this episode was really well animated, and the music was really strong. The whole battle had a big impact. The gears of the plot also continue to turn, and the end of this episode promises some pretty big stuff happening soon. We've got so many different factions in play at this point. This story is pure Tomino.

akame ga kill - 21 & 22

i've just finished reading the chapter 54 on the manga , and my head is full of regrets of what this anime could have been if we didn't go toward this filler route.

My hate of filler ending arcs is REAL

Especially since we know that time stop is not the most broken move esdeath can do ... can you imagine ? there is MORE CHEATED in store.

rrvv

I'm not sure if you're serious here, but if you are...

What, what, and what.

Say what you want about Fate/Stay Night but Fate/Zero was legit amazing.

To say Fate/Zero is awful is to say that Rider is awful.

To say Fate/Zero is awful is to say that Kiritsugu and Kirei are poorly written characters.

I honestly don't see how anyone could be serious about that.

Those along with animation is the only thing that good from Fate/Zero.

Rest is so-so.

The only real difference between F/SN and F/Z is the later starred adults and had less harem antics. The writing in both was all over the place and pretty laughable at times, both did the "I'll let you go this time" shenanigans over and over again. F/Z really just had a darker/better style which I think let people be far more forgiving of it's faults when compared to F/SN which is just the cheapest form anime entertainment via harem pandering self insert hero

VRMN

How!? How do you fuck up Kurome vs. Akame!? Oh my lord, this show. Considering the manga, it's downright painful at this point. At the very least they could have made it a spectacle if they weren't going to follow the manga to the end, but no, we get rushed pseudo-resolutions with no heart behind them. It's depressing.

Celestial Method 9

I cant tell who's the worst character in this show. The stupid girl twin or Shione. Shione has some fucking problems man, she needs to see a professional.

Noel is the best character in this show. Would have been far less mediocre if she was the focal point instead of a side character.

Sagebu - 02

I'm really liking how the main lead isn't some boring girl who's like "Oh hey, I can be somebody in this club!" and instead has this selfish attitude with a backbone to boot.

The way Urara says "MOMOKA SJAMAA" never gets old. Loved this show.

How!? How do you fuck up Kurome vs. Akame!? Oh my lord, this show. Considering the manga, it's downright painful at this point. At the very least they could have made it a spectacle if they weren't going to follow the manga to the end, but no, we get rushed pseudo-resolutions with no heart behind them. It's depressing.

Well kurome vs akame is NOT something that can be solved correctly in 1 episode, especially if it's a straight fight. Attemppting to do so lead to an obvious failure.

-----------------------
Madan no Ou to Vanadis - 09

Alright episode , red bear finally appears, some backstory here and there PLUS some fighting by Elen. They covered the essentials and the episode was kinda alright.
I'm actually not sure how many episodes are left..can they cover the civil war in full with 3 or 4 episodes ? That's asking for a lot.. please don't go anime original filler ending , please don't...

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Maken-ki! Two - 00

I don't think I've ever seen Yuuka angry before in this series, so seeing her flip her shit when Takeru gets a smooch on the cheek accidentally by Furan is saying something. Bless her heart, protecting the garden.

And yeah, this was super lewd. Like, suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper lewd.

faridmon

I'm not sure if you're serious here, but if you are...

What, what, and what.

Say what you want about Fate/Stay Night but Fate/Zero was legit amazing.

To say Fate/Zero is awful is to say that Rider is awful.

To say Fate/Zero is awful is to say that Kiritsugu and Kirei are poorly written characters.

I honestly don't see how anyone could be serious about that.

Fate/Stay night was awful. The plot was very contrived and by the mid point, it devolved into harem bullshit. My expectation was very low as well, glad that I don't remember anything from that shit show.

Crocodile

It's a shame F/SN seems to be crashing and burning. I knew nothing about it except the generally bad musings I'd heard but I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt because I enjoyed Fate/Zero. When you throw these sorts of characters into a "life or death" game, it is hard to imagine much good coming up.

The only real difference between F/SN and F/Z is the later starred adults and had less harem antics. The writing in both was all over the place and pretty laughable at times, both did the "I'll let you go this time" shenanigans over and over again. F/Z really just had a darker/better style which I think let people be far more forgiving of it's faults when compared to F/SN which is just the cheapest form anime entertainment via harem pandering self insert hero

I mean if you take any show and replace all the main characters with people who are stupider and blander, that IS excellent grounds for complaints. That and I think you're either underselling Fate/Zero or over selling F/SN (though I'm only on episode 5 of that show).

jman2050

Sagebu - 02

I still have this avatar for a reason you know.

Momoka is best protagonist of the year and only second to Mako in best girl rankings.

Clannad is also one of the most popular VNs of all time.

I can't think of anything more damning of the medium.

But the VN is actually good!

Shame about that anime though.

With all the praise horror movies and video games from Japan get, you'd think there would be some pretty amazing horror anime. I mean Ghost Hunt [?] was decent, but it just felt like a narrative version of the fake ghost hunter shows in western reality shows.

Quasar

Yet as a person who hasn't read far in the manga it seemed OK to me. Though the the explanation of Kurome's sickness wasn't very convincing.

Jarmel

Banned
With all the praise horror movies and video games from Japan get, you'd think there would be some pretty amazing horror anime. I mean Ghost Hunt [?] was decent, but it just felt like a narrative version of the fake ghost hunter shows in western reality shows.

I'm not that surprised. Horror works aren't really blockbuster material even in the West.

Quasar

I'm just not convinced animation can really do horror at all. Ghost Hunt I liked, but I don't really consider it horror.

faridmon

I really liked Ghost Hunt, too bad it wasn't the complete edition and there were couple of episode left untill it finished its plot.

You should look into Another. Its horror and its from the same write as Ghost Hunt.

I really liked Ghost Hunt, too bad it wasn't the complete edition and there were couple of episode left untill it finished its plot.

You should look into Another. Its horror and its from the same write as Ghost Hunt.

Another would have been a decent horror anime if it wasn't for the hilarious writing and death scenes. And all that pie.

edit:
OH lol just noticed
image.php

I see what you're doing there pie

This has always bothered me too, there are a lot of good Horror manga but hardly any horror anime at all.

Although if that Gyo OVA was any indication...

Joe Molotov

Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart: The Movie 01

hMZMOQ2.jpg

But it's not like that could happen, right?

I was disappointed that there was no light-up tchotchke to help the Precure win in this movie. The instructional video on how to use them safely is the only reason I watch these movies, those are always the best part. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom